Every Jets Player on the Offensive Line

RSJ

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Its the whole damned thing. Offense Defense ST's CS ..nothing has gone right this horrendous season.

What is amazing is the difference from last year - guess winning fixes everything but man you would think this is a different staff, team seemed much better organized last year

Ask yourself this question . Is it possible that a 1st year starting QB and a 1st yr starting Center are having trouble diagnosing defensive fronts from an experience defensive coordinator .  There's a lot to like about Byrce Petty, but as a backup  QB right now . Kid is learning and he's a likable kid .  

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

How long exactly does it take to teach a QB about protections? Why are there like 5 others starting every year that do not have this issue?

Are those QBs playing behind a 1sy time starter and a patch work OL .  Do you folks realize that there are Dallas Cowboy fans that want Dax Prescott benched for Tony Romo and are right . The Cowboys have a chance to do something this year, but just like the Broncos did last year, they need to sit their prized rookie and allow the veteran with the experience to lead them .

Does Jason Garrett have the "Sand" to do what Gary Kubiak  did last year ?  There's no substitute for Experience, especially quality experience .  

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

How long exactly does it take to teach a QB about protections? Why are there like 5 others starting every year that do not have this issue?

Are those QBs playing behind a 1sy time starter and a patch work OL .  Do you folks realize that there are Dallas Cowboy fans that want Dax Prescott benched for Tony Romo and are right . The Cowboys have a chance to do something this year, but just like the Broncos did last year, they need to sit their prized rookie and allow the veteran with the experience to lead them .

Does Jason Garrett have the "Sand" to do what Gary Kubiak  did last year ?  There's no substitute for Experience, especially quality experience .  

Just now, Tinstar said:

Literally the same stuff was happening when Fitz was in. Bowles said it was Petty's fault for calling wrong protections. People have been saying this OL sucks since week one. Its horrible coaching. So again, how long exactly does it take to teach a QB to call protections correct under Todd Bowles? 

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Literally the same stuff was happening when Fitz was in. Bowles said it was Petty's fault for calling wrong protections. People have been saying this OL sucks since week one. Its horrible coaching. So again, how long exactly does it take to teach a QB to call protections correct under Todd Bowles? 

I have no idea and since that's not the answer you are looking for, let me say this .

On my Job, I have a supervisor and that Supervisor has a Manager . When my supervisor gives me an assignment, he expects me to be able to do it because of what I told him when I was hired . Occasionally, I will go to my supervisor and say that I have a problem . He then gives me suggestions, and I take them and go about doing my job . If I screw up the Job, is it the Manager's fault, the supervisor's fault or mine  ?

For the Purposes of this exercise, Todd Bowles is the Manager,  Chan Gailey is the Supervisor and The offense, that would be me.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

I have no idea and since that's not the answer you are looking for, let me say this .

On my Job, I have a supervisor and that Supervisor has a Manager . When my supervisor gives me an assignment, he expects me to be able to do it because of what I told him when I was hired . Occasionally, I will go to my supervisor and say that I have a problem . He then gives me suggestions, and I take them and go about doing my job . If I screw up the Job, is it the Manager's fault, the supervisor's fault or mine  ?

For the Purposes of this exercise, Todd Bowles is the Manager,  Chan Gailey is the Supervisor and The offense, that would be me.

Yeah it sounds like maybe you have a bad manager too. lol Because a managers job is to follow through the process, see what went well and what went wrong, correct any errors, then go through the process again. Wash, rinse, repeat. If you make an error, your manager should document it, correct it and see if any training is in order. If the error keeps happening you will get let go. This in the NFL should be happening in practice and even in games. But the errors should not be this bad or this often.

Look here is my thing. How can this many veterans who played well just last year fall off the face of the earth? Its not like it's just the secondary or just the OL or just the special teams. Its the whole thing. Every single players.

Again our priority in the draft is the O-line. I wouldn't use the top pick for one OL if I can I trade back and get two linemen. Often times these highly rated lineman are over hyped. Let's rebuild that no. 1 and not draft a Qb with that pick. The Cowboys passed on Johnny M and drafted linemen and that's really the story of their success. 

11 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah it sounds like maybe you have a bad manager too. lol Because a managers job is to follow through the process, see what went well and what went wrong, correct any errors, then go through the process again. Wash, rinse, repeat. If you make an error, your manager should document it, correct it and see if any training is in order. If the error keeps happening you will get let go. This in the NFL should be happening in practice and even in games. But the errors should not be this bad or this often.

Look here is my thing. How can this many veterans who played well just last year fall off the face of the earth? Its not like it's just the secondary or just the OL or just the special teams. Its the whole thing. Every single players.

I do have bad managers, but they don't have to deal with guaranteed contracts and a salary cap .

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Again our priority in the draft is the O-line. I wouldn't use the top pick for one OL if I can I trade back and get two linemen. Often times these highly rated lineman are over hyped. Let's rebuild that no. 1 and not draft a Qb with that pick. The Cowboys passed on Johnny M and drafted linemen and that's really the story of their success. 

What number was our pick 10 years ago when we traded down (I think, or back in late) to get Mangold and Brick?  

2 minutes ago, darkprime said:

What number was our pick 10 years ago when we traded down (I think, or back in late) to get Mangold and Brick?  

We took Brick at overall #4 and Mangold at 29. I'm not sure of the deal but that #29 pick was from Denver via Atlanta. 

What makes this worse (or funnier, depending on how drunk you are), is that Dozier, the EXTRA blocker, is also trying to get to the one dude.  There are so many guys trying to block that dude that Ijalana looks like he's waiting in line for his turn.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

What makes this worse (or funnier, depending on how drunk you are), is that Dozier, the EXTRA blocker, is also trying to get to the one dude.  There are so many guys trying to block that dude that Ijalana looks like he's waiting in line for his turn.

LMAO!!! Ijalana looks like he is sitting there making sure the one guy doesn't get past the 5 blockers.

Just now, RSJ said:

LMAO!!! Ijalana looks like he is sitting there making sure the one guy doesn't get past the 5 blockers.

Brilliant design when you think about it.  Instead of having  a skill player like Powell to pick him up, you have an O-lineman spying him in case he beats the other five dudes.

Just now, AFJF said:

Brilliant design when you think about it.  Instead of having  a skill player like Powell to pick him up, you have an O-lineman spying him in case he beats the other five dudes.

lol! Thats what I am saying bro. This coaching staff needs to be cleaned out. Maybe some of these players need to go too. Idk, the play has been so bad and the excuses even worse. Week 14 and this happens? This doesnt happen in HS.

Archived