Wake/Suh unblocked?

Dcronin

it was a doomed play.. someone messed up on the snap count.  After the game Petty talking to a reporter said it was "his fault" (not sure if that's true, I would think it was the centers fault with nobody else moving.. but only the center/Petty/Anderson really did anything.  Amazing catch and throw while he got destroyed...)

Wouldn't the wide receivers just watch the ball, and so go on the snap, regardless of the snap count?  While the oline is obviously listening to the snap count.

IOW, it could just be the center didn't know the snap count.  Though did Petty look surprised at the snap?

6 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Just saw the play Petty got hurt on. How does that happen? How can you not call time out? Why didn't the linemen move?

Also? Great pass, Petty.

I was at the game, when I saw that play it appeared the Offensive tackles didn't know the snap count as they barely moved! BTW, it was a beautiful pass.  I hope Petty is OK and can start the last two games.

I've been watching football since I was 5 years old. That's 51 years of pro football. I have never, ever seen two defensive end rushers UNTOUCHED with a direct path to the QB & meet at the same time & crush the QB.

There should be a 15 yard penalty called on the Oline for playing like slapdicks! Just another embarrassing Jets moment under this terrible ill prepared coaching staff. Blocked punts, blocked kicks, bad blocking, dropped passes, terrible clock mamagement, play calls, defensive scheme, lazy play, this year has it all. Just a huge clusterf*ck of horrific football.

7 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Just saw the play Petty got hurt on. How does that happen? How can you not call time out? Why didn't the linemen move?

Also? Great pass, Petty.

It was the same blitz used twice in a row.  Petty didn't recognize it and didn't audible protection or go to a run play.

Nice pass tho

It wasn't just that they were under blocked.  There was often nobody there to block them. They found free lanes to pursue their pass rush. They just flew right in to attack the Qb unfettered. They both talent wise are better players than our O linemen. And Suh had the kind of game he is supposed to have in terms of dominance the reason the Fins paid him huge money. And in his time with Miami so far he hasn't been this consistently dominant. But you have to question the Jets for not adjusting to this and providing some kind of blocking. One thing I've noticed is that since getting rid of Tommy Bohanon and not using a fullback we've seen less protection on the Qb all season. 

'

44 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It wasn't just that they were under blocked.  There was often nobody there to block them. They found free lanes to pursue their pass rush. They just flew right in to attack the Qb unfettered. They both talent wise are better players than our O linemen. And Suh had the kind of game he is supposed to have in terms of dominance the reason the Fins paid him huge money. And in his time with Miami so far he hasn't been this consistently dominant. But you have to question the Jets for not adjusting to this and providing some kind of blocking. One thing I've noticed is that since getting rid of Tommy Bohanon and not using a fullback we've seen less protection on the Qb all season. 

'

Suh plays when he wants to play. Fins are playing to get in the playoffs & Jets are already on the links. Top free agents won't want to come here unless we overpay them, similar to Cleveland & the Bears. Right now all 3 of us are just loser teams with questionable immediate futures. So sad to see us uncompetitive with a team that we kicked the sh*t out of just last year. Oh, and a special FU to Idzik again as I wanted the Jets to draft Landry, f*cking morons.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I've been watching football since I was 5 years old. That's 51 years of pro football. I have never, ever seen two defensive end rushers UNTOUCHED with a direct path to the QB & meet at the same time & crush the QB.

There should be a 15 yard penalty called on the Oline for playing like slapdicks! Just another embarrassing Jets moment under this terrible ill prepared coaching staff. Blocked punts, blocked kicks, bad blocking, dropped passes, terrible clock mamagement, play calls, defensive scheme, lazy play, this year has it all. Just a huge clusterf*ck of horrific football.

It could have been much worse...Wake let up.

I saw in previous games the CS made good adjustments at halftime but obviously they didn't last night. We got blown out in six games which is pretty bad. It's also hard to prevent successful drives when your top cornerback gives up easy receptions that are no contests. Just by giving them ten yards before the play even begins. There are some guys on this roster who will have to go. 

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I saw in previous games the CS made good adjustments at halftime but obviously they didn't last night. We got blown out in six games which is pretty bad. It's also hard to prevent successful drives when your top cornerback gives up easy receptions that are no contests. Just by giving them ten yards before the play even begins. There are some guys on this roster who will have to go. 

Watching Revis last night was heartbreaking. Probably one of the best Jets ever jogging around, avoiding contact, cashing checks. This is going to be a very young team going forward. You know how you let them know what you expect of them? You cut veteran dead weight! Revis should be CUT for his lack of effort! If your a young player and you walk into Florham Park & hear, they cut Darrelle today, you understand very quickly that the NFL means not for long. Marshall was embarrassing last night too.

What I would really like to see is Bowles fired on Black Monday, Macc given more authority & the next day cut all the deadwood veterans in one fell swoop! Revis-Harris-Breno-Gilchrist-Skrine & also announce that Marshall & Calvin Pryor are available for a draft pick. No one calls cut them both! Cutting Pryor is addition by subtraction, he is a TERRIBLE football player & will be the last footnote in the Idzik saga! Every resource from these moves needs to be towards draft picks or younger free agents to fix the secondary & the offensive line 1st & foremost. Statements have to be made within this organization that we don't pay for lack of effort! That is unforgivable in the pay for play NFL, it's like a cancer from within. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Mike Maccagnan has assembled a team of sh*t players who suck at football and a coaching staff that is the worst in the NFL. 

Theres no more denying all this. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike Maccagnan has assembled a team of sh*t players who suck at football and a coaching staff that is the worst in the NFL. 

Theres no more denying all this. 

Mike MacCagnan inherited a horrible roster. Bowles squeezed 10 wins last season with this horrible roster but the old vets are a year older and it wasn't sustainable. There is no denying that. 

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Mike MacCagnan inherited a horrible roster. Bowles squeezed 10 wins last season with this horrible roster but the old vets are a year older and it wasn't sustainable. There is no denying that. 

Look 7 WR's and 4 QB's are as foolish as anything when we have the worse OL in the NFL 

This mess is on him and the head coach. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Look 7 WR's and 4 QB's are as foolish as anything when we have the worse OL in the NFL 

This mess is on him and the head coach. 

If you go back and look at our cuts, who should've been kept instead? Did we lose talent? If anything we kept the most talented 53 we had or the 53 to try and compete. After 2 seasons it's not a finished product. Guy just won executive of the year. Awards don't matter but he must have done some things well. And coaches must have done something right for him to get that award. 

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

If you go back and look at our cuts, who should've been kept instead? Did we lose talent? If anything we kept the most talented 53 we had or the 53 to try and compete. After 2 seasons it's not a finished product. Guy just won executive of the year. Awards don't matter but he must have done some things well. And coaches must have done something right for him to get that award. 

What does "executive of the year" equate to on the football field. His decision making is as poor as it gets this team is a roster of many guys who wouldnt be in the NFL if it werent for the Jets. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

What does "executive of the year" equate to on the football field. His decision making is as poor as it gets this team is a roster of many guys who wouldnt be in the NFL if it werent for the Jets. 

But who did we lose that was talented. You only have so many resources to improve. Cap, draft picks. We can agree two seasons ago this roster was bottom 5 talent. You don't turn that around in 2 seasons. Let the youth improve and keep building. Again we did not lose any talent when final cuts happened before the season. 

34 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Watching Revis last night was heartbreaking. Probably one of the best Jets ever jogging around, avoiding contact, cashing checks. This is going to be a very young team going forward. You know how you let them know what you expect of them? You cut veteran dead weight! Revis should be CUT for his lack of effort! If your a young player and you walk into Florham Park & hear, they cut Darrelle today, you understand very quickly that the NFL means not for long. Marshall was embarrassing last night too.

What I would really like to see is Bowles fired on Black Monday, Macc given more authority & the next day cut all the deadwood veterans in one fell swoop! Revis-Harris-Breno-Gilchrist-Skrine & also announce that Marshall & Calvin Pryor are available for a draft pick. No one calls cut them both! Cutting Pryor is addition by subtraction, he is a TERRIBLE football player & will be the last footnote in the Idzik saga! Every resource from these moves needs to be towards draft picks or younger free agents to fix the secondary & the offensive line 1st & foremost. Statements have to be made within this organization that we don't pay for lack of effort! That is unforgivable in the pay for play NFL, it's like a cancer from within. 

Pryor should be stocking shelves.  Like I said his rookie year. Like I said last season when many around here said, "ya see, ya see, he is good when he plays in the box!"

No, he isn't.  One tackle behind the LOS every 3 weeks does not a good football player make.  Opinion of the sheep.  Pryor is awful.

Just now, RESNewYork said:

But who did we lose that was talented. You only have so many resources to improve. Cap, draft picks. We can agree two seasons ago this roster was bottom 5 talent. You don't turn that around in 2 seasons. Let the youth improve and keep building. Again we did not lose any talent when final cuts happened before the season. 

Again what does "executive of the year" equate to on the football field. 

Mike Maccagnan did nothing great in Houston and so far nothing great here. 

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Pryor should be stocking shelves.  Like I said his rookie year. Like I said last season when many around here said, "ya see, ya see, he is good when he plays in the box!"

No, he isn't.  One tackle behind the LOS every 3 weeks does not a good football player make.  Opinion of the sheep.  Pryor is awful.

How can anyone blame this on Macc blows my mind. Not only is Pryor terrible, Sheldon is a piece of Sh*t human being cancer that needs to be removed & traded. So, Macc can thank the past regime for Quincy Enunwa,lol. Holy Sh*t, it's unfathomable that Idzik wasted all those picks! Woody could have had a contest where a Jet fan got to hand darts to a blindfolded monkey throwing at a list of Mel Kipers next best available & done better, lol. Macc come in here with no QB, no RB, no secondary, no pass rushers, an old LT & center. He's an ex scout, not a f*cking miracle worker, plus he was forced to spend to the cap, you know Woody pushed the Revis agenda, his mistakes were Skrine, Gilchrist & not trading Mo for a 2nd rounder. None of us know what Hack can become. But Macc is adamant about red shirting him so Maccs plan all along might be to solidify a new Oline for him? He brought in a bunch of WRs. 

Archived