Maybe I am seeing something wrong?`

CanadaSteve

Just now, The Crusher said:

Uh,errr, isn't that what accountants are for? I can't back up an 18 wheeler but I'm pretty sure the guy who runs over a crowd of people when he does it is probably doing it wrong. 

For what? Do you not know what accounants do?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine charges me about 5 k a year and drives an Audi. 

They run businesses based on learned principles. They are capable of running any type of business successfully based on these principles. Unless you listen to Jets fans. Jets fans who think all accountants do is work at H&R Block.

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

They run businesses based on learned principles. They are capable of running any type of business successfully based on these principles. Unless you listen to Jets fans. Jets fans who think all accountants do is work at H&R Block.

Yep. I pay him 80% his fee for answering any question I don't know. Other 20% to do the book this time of year. I also pay a book keeper. Use to do it myself but as I get older I define success as being able to pay people to do the stuff that makes my life miserable.

I don't know, Aaron Donald is beasting on a crappy team. There's countless guys working their tails off on bad teams. Good players don't dog it on the field. You can't sit there saying Wilk would be such a great player only if he'd give his all. If a player doesn't have enough drive and desire to play his best every snap regardless of how the game is going, he's just not a good player. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

But it seems that a majority of the players who seem to be giving their best efforts are the players who we drafted the past two years, and the vast majority of players that are 'dogging it' are all the players leftover from the Rex era (Mo, Sheldon, Harris, Revis)

Maybe Bowles isn't as big a problem as the players who were never held accountable for anything they did don't like playing for a coach who expects them to be accountable, so they are giving a poor effort.

For the record, I don't want Bowles fired after just two years: sends a bad precedence to anyone who might come here.  However, I think he should be on notice. 

But you have to wonder when so many players making so much money could completely forget how to play the game, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that this cannot all be on the coach.

I think this is a very valid point....Like spoiled children - when they're not given everything they want they pout, cry and don't know how to react.

This could very well be the case - this is their form of pouting...

52 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Loosing Henderson and having to start 2 rookie LBs...yeah let's blame Harris.

The veteran leadership of this team failed miserably. Couple that with a bunch of sh*tty Idzik picks and there you have it a rebuild...finally.

bunch of sh*** idzik draft picks?  i'd say the few that actually made the team are way less than a bunch.  it's not fair to only blame idzik for the bad drafts.  the jets haven't had a really good draft since 2005.  it's tough to build a team around free agents.  it'll probably take two more good drafts to straighten things out and they still need a qb.

as for bowles, i am reminded of guys like art shell and romeo crennel.  both of these guys were very well respected and top notch people and their teams failed them beyond what they deserved.  hopefully bowles can get a handle on this by some objective assessments of his coaching staff.

Yep. I pay him 80% his fee for answering any question I don't know. Other 20% to do the book this time of year. I also pay a book keeper. Use to do it myself but as I get older I define success as being able to pay people to do the stuff that makes my life miserable.

Yeah its what I do for a living so I always kind of chuckled at how naive this forum was at the time. I am a forensic accountant and fraud examiner. You are right about feeding more of the work off on your accountant. Your time is better spent doing what you are an expert at which is the operations of your business. Not running the finances and day-to-day nuances. 

Have you people not seen the Sheldon Snapchat? The Revis "I don't wanna play" statement Brandon Marshall's uninterested look. Wilks uninspiring play. THIS TEAM HAS MAILED IT IN because Bowles hasn't create the "disciplinary environment" we thought he was bringing. His X's and O's aren't winning us anything . 

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah its what I do for a living so I always kind of chuckled at how naive this forum was at the time. I am a forensic accountant and fraud examiner. You are right about feeding more of the work off on your accountant. Your time is better spent doing what you are an expert at which is the operations of your business. Not running the finances and day-to-day nuances. 

Dude I use is a William and Mary grad. So bright. 

Round 1: CB Dee Milliner -- not sure where he is...

Round 1: DE Sheldon Richardson -- still on roster-not for long

Round 2: QB Geno Smith -- still on roster-ditto

Round 3: RG Brian Winters -- still on roster-starter

Round 5: OL Oday Aboushi -- gone 

Round 6: OL William Campbell -- gone 

Round 7: FB Tommy Bohanon -- cut  

Round 1: S Calvin Pryor -- still on roster- starter

Round 2: TE Jace Amaro -- cut 

Round 3: CB Dexter McDougle -- still on roster  

Round 4: WR Jalen Saunders --  gone 

Round 4: WR Shaq Evans -- gone 

Round 4: OG Dakota Dozier -- still on roster 

Round 5: LB Jeremiah George --  gone 

Round 6: CB Brandon Dixon --  gone 

Round 6: WR Quincy Enunwa -- still on roster -best pick

Round 6: OLB IK Enemkpali -- was already gone -jaw breaker

Round 6: QB Tajh Boyd --  gone 

Round 7: OLB Trevor Reilly -- cut 

Nuff said. LET THE REBUILD BEGIN!

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Yeah this draft killed us. So clueless.

10 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

7 of 19 picks (with a lot in the late rounds) still on the team...I would be interested to see what other teams look like..My guess would be the majority of teams have about half or so of their draft picks on the team two and three years later.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

7 of 19 picks (with a lot in the late rounds) still on the team...I would be interested to see what other teams look like..My guess would be the majority of teams have about half or so of their draft picks on the team two and three years later.

Your kidding, right? You actually think he did an ok job? wow. 

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Your kidding, right? You actually think he did an ok job? wow. 

Yes, I don't think he was given a chance to complete his plan.  He was prematurely fired due to fan backlash.  This team was certainly in a much better position after his two years than right now (after Mac's first two seasons)

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I don't think he was given a chance to complete his plan.  He was prematurely fired due to fan backlash.  This team was certainly in a much better position after his two years than right now (after Mac's first two seasons)

Dude, the guy was over his head. Next year, only 3 of those picks will be starters. 3(Winters, Pryor, Enunwa). That's just piss poor no matter how you look at it. It'll take another yr or two to fill up that void with current and new draftees.

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Dude, the guy was over his head. Next year, only 3 of those picks will be starters. 3(Winters, Pryor, Enunwa). That's just piss poor no matter how you look at it. It'll take another yr or two to fill up that void with current and new draftees.

Because Mac's drafts have been so successful?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Because Macs drafts were long enough ago to show fruitation?

Idzik was fired after two years....leaving the team in a much better situation than the team is in now.   I have seen very little to think his drafts will be any better than Idzik.  Except Mac wasted a ton of money on crappy FA's while Idzik was trying to actually rebuild the team.  

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

First of all, there will only be 5 of 19 by next year (at best). Then you have to consider two more points - how many of the guys drafted are still in the NFL; finally, of the remaining 5, how many are you really happy with? Q and maybe Winters (he isn't great, but he isn't bad either). With a team this bereft of talent, how does McDoggle not make more time on the field, and Pryor may be the best SS we have, but IMO he has not been great; easily replaceable (if they didn't need to replace everyone else).

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Idzik was fired after two years....leaving the team in a much better situation than the team is in now.   I have seen very little to think his drafts will be any better than Idzik.  Except Mac wasted a ton of money on crappy FA's while Idzik was trying to actually rebuild the team.  

He had to waste money. People forget he literally HAD to spend a certain amount. And I think Leonard looks like a star. Marshall a was a 5th rounder. Fitz production in 15' was worth a cheap 6th. Burris is promising for a 5th rounder. McClendon imo was an alright rebound. Carpenter was a GREAT pick up. Petty is promising as a 4th rounder. Mauldin and Jenkins are progressing. Devin Smith has been injured. He found us Robby Anderson. Peake was a good 7th rounder. 

Archived