Draft needs

kevinc855

There is very few positives if any from this year but the jets will get 2 picks in the top 40. Last year we burned a 2nd round pick on a guy still in street clothes, still confuses me. This year what positions do you think we address in 1st and 2nd pick? I'm torn with 1 between rb and pass rusher but will side with pass rusher. Second round we go best available OL man available. Thoughts? 

It really is incredible. All the picks this team has had the past several years, and they still need guys for every single position excepting DE. Literally every single position.

That said there is no ******* way that this team can burn another first rounder on defense. They haven't used a first on anything offense since Sanchez. It's time.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It really is incredible. All the picks this team has had the past several years, and they still need guys for every single position excepting DE. Literally every single position.

That said there is no ******* way that this team can burn another first rounder on defense. They haven't used a first on anything offense since Sanchez. It's time.

So where do you go? Rb wr or oline? 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Depends how the grades play out. QB and WR have to be the go-to if there is anyone there that remotely justifies the grade. The roster is so desperately in need of skill position players.

There is no qb worth a top 6 pick in this draft 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Depends how the grades play out. QB and WR have to be the go-to if there is anyone there that remotely justifies the grade. The roster is so desperately in need of skill position players.

its going to be peppers or Foster, just accept it

We can't base our pick in this draft off of our previous drafts. Going defense again isn't sexy I know it's boring and same old typical Jets BS, but that's one of our biggest needs and with the lack of elite oline talent+the plethera of elite level corners and safeties in this draft might be the right decision. I know I hate it too, Idk why we would take a WR I saw that earlier thats the only position we have solid depth at. Maybe we can try to trade Sheldon for an early 3rd or 4th round pick idk but this is what I'd do.

1st-Cb/S

2nd-Oline

3rd-Oline

4th-Ilb

5th-TE

Best player available.  You have to be in this for the long haul, and a proper rebuild takes years.  By the time we are capable of getting to the playoffs, Wilkerson will be in his thirties, so that could mean even a DT to go alongside prime Williams.

This draft is heavy with running backs, so that wouldn't bother me.  Trading down and accumulating picks is also a good idea  if there isn't a surefire qb/OT/passrusher/1 wr or shutdown corner available.

27 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We can't base our pick in this draft off of our previous drafts. Going defense again isn't sexy I know it's boring and same old typical Jets BS, but that's one of our biggest needs and with the lack of elite oline talent+the plethera of elite level corners and safeties in this draft might be the right decision. I know I hate it too, Idk why we would take a WR I saw that earlier thats the only position we have solid depth at. Maybe we can try to trade Sheldon for an early 3rd or 4th round pick idk but this is what I'd do.

1st-Cb/S

2nd-Oline

3rd-Oline

4th-Ilb

5th-TE

Jets gave up a 4th rounder in 2017 for Shell. No one is going to trade for Sheldon. That ship has sailed. 

27 minutes ago, Hael said:

Best player available.  You have to be in this for the long haul, and a proper rebuild takes years.  By the time we are capable of getting to the playoffs, Wilkerson will be in his thirties, so that could mean even a DT to go alongside prime Williams.

This draft is heavy with running backs, so that wouldn't bother me.  Trading down and accumulating picks is also a good idea  if there isn't a surefire qb/OT/passrusher/1 wr or shutdown corner available.

If they draft another defensive lineman then everyone should be fired. 

You say the draft if heavy with RBs, and it is, and then advocate taking one early? Why? That's literally the opposite of what you should do in a heavy RB class. Take one later one and be done with it. Taking one at all would be a step forward for the Jets. 

They are going BPA. Period. Picking players for rounds without knowing how the draft shakes out is a 'fun' exercise for fans and talking heads, but if a GM did that he should be fired on the spot.

I agree they won't draft another DL, so if that is BPA they either skip and go 2nd BPA or trade down (if that guy is so good, you can trade the pick and get a least something back).

We desperately need OL, but there are no LTs that currently rank that high. If I had to guess it will likely fall out as an OLB or CB if we don't trade down. Don't shoot the messenger; I doubt Mac reaches for need and sitting around 4-6 it looks like it will be defense - prepare yourself.

If, after the draft shakes out and there is a good QB when we pick AND Mac doesn't want him, we will likely trade down to some GM willing to reach for a QB. That is my opinion.

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

They are going BPA. Period. Picking players for rounds without knowing how the draft shakes out is a 'fun' exercise for fans and talking heads, but if a GM did that he should be fired on the spot.

I agree they won't draft another DL, so if that is BPA they either skip and go 2nd BPA or trade down (if that guy is so good, you can trade the pick and get a least something back).

We desperately need OL, but there are no LTs that currently rank that high. If I had to guess it will likely fall out as an OLB or CB if we don't trade down. Don't shoot the messenger; I doubt Mac reaches for need and sitting around 4-6 it looks like it will be defense - prepare yourself.

If, after the draft shakes out and there is a good QB when we pick AND Mac doesn't want him, we will likely trade down to some GM willing to reach for a QB. That is my opinion.

They are going to have to spend money on a LT this year.  Cut and dry.  There is NOBODY in this draft worthy of a top ten pick at the position.

Qvale and Shell, I think, will be okay at RT.  We could use a Guard, and we need to think about replacing Mangold.  But OL has to be taken at some point, once or twice.

Same with a OLB.  It is time to draft a guy whose job it is to just get to the QB, not try and cover the TE.

6 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Wonder what is going on in College football when there are no offensive linemen anywhere to be had that are NFL worthy

Disagree...was watching some of Myles Garrett and Derek Barnett last night and against Alabama I ended up way more impressed with Cam Robinson. I know there are some knocks on him but watching him match up at LT against the best pass rushers in college he looked rock solid. For such a big man his footwork looked impeccable and just always seemed to be in position, even more impressively he always seemed to set up the defender to go where he wanted him to go. Seems to be some doubt as to whether he is better suited to RT in the pros but I think he looks very, very good. FWIW Barnett impressed more than Garrett IMO. Once the proper evaluations have begun I'd be surprised if there aren't a few good OL to be had in the top of the first and I expect Cam to be up there.

6 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

This is the smart answer and hopefully what they do.

Hopefully.  

Fournette and Cook who both should be there whenwe pick are the keys for us to trade down with any team lookijg for that last explosive piece to an almost complete team. (i.e. Dallas -Elliot)

Thats what I want most out of this draft.

Other than that its BPA, with CB,S, OL, QB, TE as our biggest needs. 

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If they draft another defensive lineman then everyone should be fired. 

You say the draft if heavy with RBs, and it is, and then advocate taking one early? Why? That's literally the opposite of what you should do in a heavy RB class. Take one later one and be done with it. Taking one at all would be a step forward for the Jets. 

Saying this draft is deep with rb doesn't mean there all equal. 

I would hate to pass on a hall of famer for a career solid starter. 

Btw. I believe fournette will be great with a better line and a couple better corner could be a lot record 

Archived