2017 oppnonents set

kevinc855

on paper as of now that sched looks a million times tougher than this year but things change from year to year so you never know how tough the sched will be.  Our sched this year was not tough when we thought it would be.  we didn't suck b/c of the sched.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/66133/new-york-jets-home-and-away-opponents-for-2017

The New York Jets ended the season with a 5-11 record and last in the AFC East. With the regular season in the books, the 2017 home and away opponents have been finalized. The dates of each game will be determined in the spring when the full regular-season schedule is released.

Home opponents (*playoff team): Kansas City Chiefs*, San Diego ChargersAtlanta Falcons*, Carolina PanthersJacksonville JaguarsNew England Cheaters*, Miami Dolphins*, Buffalo Bills

Away opponents (*playoff team): Denver BroncosOakland Raiders*, New Orleans SaintsTampa Bay BuccaneersCleveland Browns, New England Cheaters*, Miami Dolphins*, Buffalo Bills.

How much fun would a game in New Orleans be?

It's probably in the upper 1/3 of tough schedules but it's not impossible... Things change every year in a big way.

Getting Atlanta and Carolina at home are tough games, but being home might help.

Tampa Bay and Cleveland away... Eh. Tampa Bay is a pretty good up and coming team but who knows there. Cleveland could be a winnable away game.

San Diego having to come all the way across the country might help too.

We'll see! A big part will be the way it lays out. If we have something like 3 road games in the first 4, that kind of sucks from a momentum standpoint. 

On 12/20/2016 at 8:48 AM, Ex-Rex said:

I don't see next year as easier at all. Oakland on the road, and having to play Denver, Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa. The only 'easy' games are Jax and Cleveland and who knows maybe they look at Jets as a sure win.

Browns have two first round picks.  If they play their cards right they could be significantly better next year.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Great strip clubs and gambling.  Screw the Jets. ;-) 

They still have those in Tampa? I remember Orlando  had plenty when I got there in 1977. But then they made it illegal to sell alcohol in strip clubs and the business all dried up pretty fast.

This schedule is much easier. If we get Tyrod Taylor I think they could win 12 games. Without him (assuming the QB isn't Petty or Hack) it will be a 10 win season.

I edited the title to say opponents, since the schedule won't be released until April.

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This schedule is much easier. If we get Tyrod Taylor I think they could win 12 games. Without him (assuming the QB isn't Petty or Hack) it will be a 10 win season.

I edited the title to say opponents, since the schedule won't be released until April.

Agree on the Tyrod Taylor choice I think he could be that QB for the Jets. 

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

YES SIR can I have another.

I see three winnable games, SD and Jax at home and Cle on the road.  Of course SD and Jax have QBs and thinking about Cle with Collins and Myles Garrett coming off the edge with possibly Trubisky or even a second year of Kessler, we could be under dog in all 16 games.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Wow. 

HOME

Kansas City - L

San Diego - W

Atlanta - L

Carolina - W

Jacksonville - W

AWAY

Denver - L

Oakland - L

New Orleans - W

Tampa Bay - W

Cleveland - W

Pats W home, L road

Dolphins W home, W road

Bills W home, W road

Since I don't know if we will have Tyrod here is the split the difference version at 11 and 5.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

HOME

Kansas City - L

San Diego - W

Atlanta - L

Carolina - W

Jacksonville - W

AWAY

Denver - L

Oakland - L

New Orleans - W

Tampa Bay - W

Cleveland - W

Pats W home, L road

Dolphins W home, W road

Bills W home, W road

Since I don't know if we will have Tyrod here is the split the difference version at 11 and 5.

When was the last time we went 5-1 in the division?  Ever?

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

HOME

Kansas City - L

San Diego - W

Atlanta - L

Carolina - W

Jacksonville - W

AWAY

Denver - L

Oakland - L

New Orleans - W

Tampa Bay - W

Cleveland - W

Pats W home, L road

Dolphins W home, W road

Bills W home, W road

I love it! A positive Jet fan. You're not a SOJF. You're a NPJF. (New Positive Jet Fan.)

Perhaps you'll start a trend. :-)

Looking at the teams we play next year, it doesn't look stunningly different to how our 2016 schedule looked at this time last year.

When last year's schedule was announced, the combined previous year records of our opponents was 136-120. (This counts our AFC East opponents twice, as we play them twice).

Next year's schedule based on the current standings has a combined record of 137-119.

Of course a lot can, and will, change. Coaching changes, player moves, injuries will all affect the overall landscape. In our 2015 season, when we went 10-6, our opponents' combined previous year records came out at 125-131, and during the season itself a lot conspired to drop that even further so that those same teams ended up an awful 113-143. Romo's injury alone sent the 12-4 Cowboys to a 4-12 record, accounting for two thirds of the overall W-L difference. Which shows how the smallest change can have such an effect - how will Atlanta get on next year without Shanahan as OC (he seems destined to move to a HC job somewhere)? How would NE, KC, OAK respond to a long term injury at QB? We've already seen the effect losing Carr had on Oakland this year. Similarly, how will the Jax roster perform with a new HC? SD, CAR, NO all have top notch QBs let down by surrounding talent / injuries, will they bounce back?

And how well could our Jets play next year with even semi-decent QB play, however that might come about?

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree on the Tyrod Taylor choice I think he could be that QB for the Jets. 

I would be fine with a Taylor/Petty/Hack competetion for 2017 as long we sign Taylor on the cheap.  That might make for an interesting set of games to watch as we watch the Jets put themselves in position yo draft Darnold in 2018.

Archived