Micheal Floyd was pretty damn drunk.

Mike135

Had a buddy a long time ago that did this. He got so drunk, he stopped at a red light and passed out with his foot on the brake. He was outside a 7-11, and the clerk waited 45 minutes before calling the cops. The cop sat behind him while laughing his ass off for another 15 minutes while he filled his report.

Needless to say, my buddy spent an unpleasant night in the county jail.

16 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Had a buddy a long time ago that did this. He got so drunk, he stopped at a red light and passed out with his foot on the brake. He was outside a 7-11, and the clerk waited 45 minutes before calling the cops. The cop sat behind him while laughing his ass off for another 15 minutes while he filled his report.

Needless to say, my buddy spent an unpleasant night in the county jail.

Lucky it was only a bad night.

Yeah, think we all have known someone similar (if not ourselves at one time).  

Nuts to think someone drives when they're as incoherent as that though.  Gotta be time to really step up penalties for DUI.  As well as education for people with regard to what really is "drunk".  Even a first offense needs to really freakin hurt.  

Like 6 months minimum jail time maybe?  Basically remove any need for bars to have parking lots.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Nuts to think someone drives when they're as incoherent as that though.  Gotta be time to really step up penalties for DUI.  As well as education for people with regard to what really is "drunk".  Even a first offense needs to really freakin hurt.  

Like 6 months minimum jail time maybe?  Basically remove any need for bars to have parking lots.

Totally agree. Driving drunk is so irresponsible, yet the penalties are ridiculously lenient.

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Like 6 months minimum jail time maybe?  Basically remove and need for bars to have parking lots.

Uber groupons for parties. 

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Maybe sooner?

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Five years. 

And these guys guys should be using Uber man

I think driverless cars will be better than us in 1-2 years.  Maybe sooner.  I just think that people turning over their cars will take a while.  Someone who owns a car and doesn't want a new one may not want to buy a Tesla or whatever with driverless features.

So, I think that whole replacement process will take a while.  I lease two cars, so we will be up to date whenever it happens.

I think Elon Musk will prove he's right within the next 12 months, then smart people with some disposable cash will convert in the next 2-3 years.  Then it will take others 10ish years.

Eventually, there should be huge luxury taxes on those who insist on risking lives while driving themselves.

52 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

Lets not forget, the NFL and individual teams have a phone line that any player can call for a ride

Or just Uber it. They're usually there before you make sure your car is secured and locked...at the light. 

56 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

Lets not forget, the NFL and individual teams have a phone line that any player can call for a ride

Or just Uber it. They're usually there before you make sure your car is secured and locked...at the light. 

Feel bad for the guy in a way.  He made a mistake, probably the most embarrassing moment of his life and now the whole world gets to take part.  Why?  Because he plays Football? 

Sucks for him but you're a pro athlete, get a driver, call an uber. Jeez.

4 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

I believe it's actually even better than that.  It's not just that they get picked up - they also send another person to drive their car home for them.   It just seems crazy to EVER drive with any amount of alcohol in your system with a set-up like that.

13 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

what-an-idiot.

Rep for your comment and that stellar avatar image.  Tell me that's your wife or girlfriend and I rep you non-stop.  lol

As for the video, Floyd's unintelligible attempt to talk to the cop when he wakes up is a classic.  Hilarious, but also shows that he was out of it and could have killed someone.  If I'm the judge?  He loses his license for five years.  Keep this moron off the road.

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Rep for your comment and that stellar avatar image.  Tell me that's your wife or girlfriend and I rep you non-stop.  lol

As for the video, Floyd's unintelligible attempt to talk to the cop when he wakes up is a classic.  Hilarious, but also shows that he was out of it and could have killed someone.  If I'm the judge?  He loses his license for five years.  Keep this moron off the road.

Bolded, then italicized. 

If he can get behind the wheel when that incoherent, taking away his license certainly won't keep him off the road. 

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Bolded, then italicized. 

If he can get behind the wheel when that incoherent, taking away his license certainly won't keep him off the road. 

Guess you could lock him up.  But you're right; folks get plastered and behind the wheel every day.  Even with suspended licenses.  

14 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Actually, there have been a lot of studies done on this and increasing penalties rarely reduces the rate of infractions. Enforcement is what has a substantial effect on infractions. Increasing punishment also has an ancillary effect that it causes people to invest more in their defense. So a first time guy pulled over may have plead guilty, but now will fight because of the increased punishment. 

There's a related effect too that a stop will have more impact on people who see the stop then the person who was stopped.

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Actually, there have been a lot of studies done on this and increasing penalties rarely reduces the rate of infractions. Enforcement is what has a substantial effect on infractions. Increasing punishment also has an ancillary effect that it causes people to invest more in their defense. So a first time guy pulled over may have plead guilty, but now will fight because of the increased punishment. 

There's a related effect too that a stop will have more impact on people who see the stop then the person who was stopped.

Interesting.  Actually wouldn't mind reading the results of the studies.

But I'd have to imagine a drastic increase in the penalties would have one hell of an effect.  Along with a much better educational process for new drivers.  

I believe most people don't even realize they're "drunk" when they decide to drive around .08.  Hell I didn't realize until I bought a breathalyzer in my early 20s.  Many times I felt completely fine, still was above a .06.

If people knew at least 6 months in jail was waiting for them if they make the mistake, I can see some big changes in their plans for the night.  

"Drive to the bar/party?  Eh, ya know what, let me grab an Uber instead."

I'd also be for some substance abuse classes in schools similar to sex ed.  Except make the class actually useful.  Of course only with parental permission, but actually let some kids drink in a controlled environment.  Give them breathalyzers.  Test them on driving simulators before and after and so on.  Make it fun but also very useful and informative.

I feel like if I had nfl money I would hire a friend to drive me around in my nice cars for when I want to be irresponsible. I never understood how these guys could put alcohol or drugs ahead of their careers especially because so many of them come out of bad situations and their whole lives are changed by their opportunity in the nfl.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Haha :) no sadly I WISH.. no I just found the image online but I wish I had a girl that looked like that..  all I run into lately is single mom's with a billion problems around here... :( 

Anyway totally agree he's lucky passing out at a red light he didn't take his foot off the brake.. could of ended up much worse.  If you go the TMZ video site they have an additional video of him being more an idiot.  Hopefully beyond the NFL the law comes down on him hard.

9 hours ago, JiF said:

Feel bad for the guy in a way.  He made a mistake, probably the most embarrassing moment of his life and now the whole world gets to take part.  Why?  Because he plays Football? 

Sucks for him but you're a pro athlete, get a driver, call an uber. Jeez.

I get that sweet one. But drunk enough to fall asleep for two cycles of a red light?  I mean at the least the dude should have just slept it off in his car, um,errr not in traffic.

Archived