Head coach Todd Bowles in the hospital...

Matthew007b

Hopefully he gets better.. if he can't coach Mike Caldwell will coach the team tomorrow.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Bowles-In-Stable-Condition-at-Hospital-/01591c54-829d-44db-94e0-afd428a83a6c?campaign=tw

ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18341120/todd-bowles-new-york-jets-coach-hospitalized-undisclosed-illness

New York Jets coach Todd Bowles has been admitted to a hospital with an undisclosed illness.

Bowles is in stable condition, but it is unclear whether he will join the team for Saturday's road game against the New England Cheaters.

If Bowles is unable to coach Saturday, assistant head coach/linebackers coach Mike Caldwell will take over the head coaching responsibilities, the team said in a statement.

Bowles, 53, is in his second season as head coach of the Jets.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMG_1835.jpg

By Glenn Naughton

The New York Jets have announced that head coach Todd Bowles has been hospitalized with an undisclosed illness and as a result, has not traveled with the team to New England for Saturday’s divisional match up.

The head coach is said to be in stable condition, according to the report.

If Bowles is unable to make the trip, assistant head coach Mike Caldwell will take the reigns.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ZFWq7UT3vvU

Click here to read the full story...

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I hope it's something that he bounces back from with absolutely no ill effects but if he missed the next two games I'd be ok with that.  

I hope he's in perfect health but misses the next couple of seaons

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Pressure of a losing season? he may not show it but I bet he does care that much to make himself sick from recent events, Fitz implosion, injuries, players dogging it, things did not go as planned for the 2016 Jets

They haven't said what is wrong with him, but I'm sure this season has been stressful.

I think Bowles is probably a good guy.  He has aged 10 years this season.  A terrible year, everyone calling for his job (myself included), lack of sleep, and a collection of overpaid malcontent douchebag veterans.... collectively has done a number on his health.

I hope he is OK.   This team ain't worth it Todd.

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wow. Sick enough to go to the hospital? Coaching performance is a separate issue; nobody wants to see anything bad actually happen to him. Hopefully they're just being overly cautious because it forces him to get rest he's not giving himself as an under-pressure HC.

Telling you it's that stomach bug. Thing is brutal. My son was listless and almost unconscious when I got home. Not even going to discuss the state of the throne room. 

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Telling you it's that stomach bug. Thing is brutal. My son was listless and almost unconscious when I got home. Not even going to discuss the state of the throne room. 

Funny you say that, my wife and two of my sons have that stomach virus the past 12 hours, I'm sequestered with the other two kids so we don't get it.

It's really brutal.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

He should not go to the game tomorrow.  Watching the Jets defense quit in the first quarter is not going to help him recover.

Head Coach in his 1st game.  Quarterback in his 4th game.  Bill Belichick in his 383rd game.

Billal Powell may set the NFL record for rushing attempts in a single game [45, Jamie Morris, Redskins, 1988]

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Funny you say that, my wife and two of my sons have that stomach virus the past 12 hours, I'm sequestered with the other two kids so we don't get it.

It's really brutal.

SAR I

Horrible dude. I work in healthcare and can't work if I'm ill. Did not my want wife to go near the mess in the bathroom. I went to Loews bought a hazmat suit, goggles and rubber gloves to clean the bathroom. Luckily we have 4 of them. I almost put crime scene tape up on it and was just going to have somebody remodel it. Yes that bad. 

Archived