Head coach Todd Bowles in the hospital...

Matthew007b

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Hope that it's nothing serious...takes a lot to knock a head coach out the night before a game. 

Haven't you seen his Press conferences? the man is WAAAAAAY over stressed and exhausted. IIRC he was so tired - aside from the unshaven 3 day stubble, bloodshot eyes, and even MORE comatose responses - that when reading the injury report he stated: 

"Nick Marshall . . . knee"

"William Leonard . . ankle"

"Leonard Marshall . . . ankle"

Reporters called him out on it and he didn't even realize until they repeated back to him what he just said. Then he said he wished he had Leonard Marshall on this Jets team. 

The Man may be in over his head. Hopefully not, I like Tood Bowles the person, I'm less confident in Todd Bowles the HC after this year. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Are we going to be blessed with some classic drunken SAR during Jets-Pats on the holiday?

I get drunk once a year and Christmas Day is it.  My mother, the mother in law, the cousins, it's unbearable sober.

Unfortunately, I've got a wife and three of my kids vomiting all over my hardwood floors and Italian marble walls, odds are very high I'll be the next victim of this stomach flu and it'll hit me on Christmas Day interrupting my tradition.

Now that I think about it, I probably should tie one on right now, either that or wait another year.

SAR I

Jets thought Todd Bowles was having heart attack, report says

The New York Jets host the Indianapolis Colts in NFL Week 13 action
Will Todd Bowles be cleared to coach in New England? (Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

It's still not clear exactly what is medically wrong with Jets head coach Todd Bowles. He was admitted to the hospital Friday afternoon, is in stable condition, and might not be able to coach Saturday afternoon's game at the Cheaters. 

But what's now clear, via a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter, is that Bowles did not suffer a heart attack, though that's what the Jets thought was wrong, at first.

Schefter reported that Jets officials initially feared Bowles, 53, was suffering a heart attack. He was throwing up and experiencing pains in his chest and back. He could not keep down medication the Jets' medical staff gave him. 

That's when Jets officials "became extremely concerned" and rushed Bowles to the hospital, according to Schefter.

Fortunately for Bowles, doctors at the hospital determined he didn't suffer a heart attack. Bowles will be further monitored by doctors after the season, per Schefter. 

And though Bowles obviously wants to coach Saturday at the Cheaters, doctors are going to make that final call, about whether or not he is cleared to coach.

If Bowles is not cleared, assistant head coach Mike Caldwell -- who coaches the Jets' inside linebackers -- would take over as head coach in New England. 

Bowles did not travel with the Jets to New England. We'll see if he makes the trip Saturday morning for the 1 p.m. game. 

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Will Todd Bowles be cleared to coach in New England? (Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

It's still not clear exactly what is medically wrong with Jets head coach Todd Bowles. He was admitted to the hospital Friday afternoon, is in stable condition, and might not be able to coach Saturday afternoon's game at the Cheaters. 

But what's now clear, via a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter, is that Bowles did not suffer a heart attack, though that's what the Jets thought was wrong, at first.

Schefter reported that Jets officials initially feared Bowles, 53, was suffering a heart attack. He was throwing up and experiencing pains in his chest and back. He could not keep down medication the Jets' medical staff gave him. 

That's when Jets officials "became extremely concerned" and rushed Bowles to the hospital, according to Schefter.

Fortunately for Bowles, doctors at the hospital determined he didn't suffer a heart attack. Bowles will be further monitored by doctors after the season, per Schefter. 

And though Bowles obviously wants to coach Saturday at the Cheaters, doctors are going to make that final call, about whether or not he is cleared to coach.

If Bowles is not cleared, assistant head coach Mike Caldwell -- who coaches the Jets' inside linebackers -- would take over as head coach in New England. 

Bowles did not travel with the Jets to New England. We'll see if he makes the trip Saturday morning for the 1 p.m. game. 

That's an anxiety attack caused by extreme stress. I had something similar two summers ago while staying with my in-laws while waiting to close on my house (long story). 

On one particularly bad day, I got so worked up that I swore I was having a heart attack, and ended up in the E.R.  I went through a battery of tests and everything came back ok. The cardiologist suspected it was all related to the stress of the sh!tbag lawyers I was dealing with, along with my living situation. He wanted me to return a few weeks after we closed on the house and had settled in. When I went back my blood pressure among other things had improved dramatically. 

It's amazing how badly stress can screw you up physically. 

It wouldn't shock me if Bowles' situation is something similar. This horrible season must be extremely taxing on him. 

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I get drunk once a year and Christmas Day is it.  My mother, the mother in law, the cousins, it's unbearable sober.

Unfortunately, I've got a wife and three of my kids vomiting all over my hardwood floors and Italian marble walls, odds are very high I'll be the next victim of this stomach flu and it'll hit me on Christmas Day interrupting my tradition.

Now that I think about it, I probably should tie one on right now, either that or wait another year.

SAR I

Stomach flus usually have long incubation periods.  More likely you are looking at a ruined NYE .

37 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That's an anxiety attack caused by extreme stress. I had something similar two summers ago while staying with my in-laws while waiting to close on my house (long story). 

On one particularly bad day, I got so worked up that I swore I was having a heart attack, and ended up in the E.R.  I went through a battery of tests and everything came back ok. The cardiologist suspected it was all related to the stress of the sh!tbag lawyers I was dealing with, along with my living situation. He wanted me to return a few weeks after we closed on the house and had settled in. When I went back my blood pressure among other things had improved dramatically. 

It's amazing how badly stress can screw you up physically. 

It wouldn't shock me if Bowles' situation is something similar. This horrible season must be extremely taxing on him. 

Agreed.  If you have ever had a panic attack, the first time u get it you think you are losing your mind and going to die.  Then it gets real freaky when the drs check you out and tell u there is nothing wrong with you.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Brazilian hardwood floors and Italian marble walls clean up nicely.

Good thing you dont have deep pile shag carpet like most of us louts.

The sexy live in domestica will have that cleaned up before you can say ve a trabajar.

2 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

just because you 'didn't have a heart attack' doesn't mean you do not have coronary artery disease or significant cardiac ischemia causing these symptoms...sure he had enzymes measured and a stress test +/- cardiac cath.  Not sure what medication the Jets staff was giving him for vomiting and chest pain other than sublingual NTG and calling 911 for a bus.

Weird...but a 53 y.o. man with chest pain and nausea is coronary artery disease until proven otherwise.

I hate the term "stomach flu".  There is no such thing.  It is in no way related to influenza, which is a respiratory illness.  Most of what people call "stomach flu" or "the bug that's going around" is actually norovirus which causes gastroenteritis.   Norovirus is a nasty pathogen which often causes cruises to be cancelled because some many people are vomiting and crapping uncontrollably.

Okay, off the soap box.  Get well coach Bowles.

Todd Bowles, after medical scare, will coach Jets at P@triots

New York Jets v Cleveland Browns
Todd Bowles has been cleared to coach the Jets on Saturday. (Gregory Shamus | Getty Images)

The Jets announced Saturday morning that head coach Todd Bowles has been released from the hospital, and has been cleared to coach the team in Saturday's 1 p.m. game at the Cheaters.

Bowles arrived at the Jets' hotel Saturday morning. He will travel with the team to Gillette Stadium. The Jets said it is unclear, as of early Saturday morning, whether Bowles will coach from the sideline (as usual) or coaches' booth. 

Bowles, 53, suffered a medical scare (exact nature unclear) Friday afternoon. It was initially feared by Jets officials to be a heart attack, according to ESPN.

Though a heart attack was eventually ruled out, Bowles was still taken to the hospital. As of Friday evening, he was in stable condition at the hospital. It wasn't clear if he'd be allowed by doctors to coach the Jets at the Cheaters. 

But now, he has been given that go-ahead, after initially not traveling with the Jets to New England.

Archived