2017 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprising little twist there. Looks like the final bullpen spot is going to Montero or Lugo. Have to think he's considering sending Lugo down to keep him in his starting routine in case they lost another starter early. Montero having a stellar Spring helps too.

Safe to say this is the best opening day roster that the Mets have fielded since 2007. Wright was such a freak that year, I still think he wins MVP if the team hadn't collapsed.

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Surprising little twist there. Looks like the final bullpen spot is going to Montero or Lugo. Have to think he's considering sending Lugo down to keep him in his starting routine in case they lost another starter early. Montero having a stellar Spring helps too.

Safe to say this is the best opening day roster that the Mets have fielded since 2007. Wright was such a freak that year, I still think he wins MVP if the team hadn't collapsed.

People forget how good of a year he had because of the collapse. Even with the collapse he deserved the MVP 

Mets blog had almost the same exact analysis of the final roster spot, which seems like the most logical decision

part of me thinks Bruce is gonna have a really good year, I don't know why or have any reason, just do 

Had to laugh...on SNY this evening Rick Peterson, and Nelson, shot down John Harper when he started whining about the decision to have Wheeler on the 25 and to start right away. Especially Peterson haha. Harper's okay tho, so's DiComo. Martino and Lennon are brutal.

Fwiw....Terry presser at 11:45 manana AM.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Had to laugh...on SNY this evening Rick Peterson, and Nelson, shot down John Harper when he started whining about the decision to have Wheeler on the 25 and to start right away. Especially Peterson haha. Harper's okay tho, so's DiComo. Martino and Lennon are brutal.

Fwiw....Terry presser at 11:45 manana AM.

It's a conundrum for Mets fans. On the one hand, sooner or later the guy has to ******* pitch already. On the other, on a scale of 1-10, my trust in the Mets' medical staff is negative eleventy billion.

1 hour ago, faba said:

the world baseball classic should be scrapped

Agreed, I understand they are trying to grow the game but when you got guys playing for Italy only cause there last name ends in a vowel and other playing for Israel cause they were bar mitzvahed, I think you have a flawed concept 

also how could Puerto Rico play the United States? They are the same country 

5 hours ago, faba said:

the world baseball classic should be scrapped

I kind of enjoyed watching it. But we lost two guys off the opening day roster. Fvkk that :angry:

It doesn't work as a training platform for the regular season either

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Bravo to Thor for turning that down.

Love this quote from him 

After his outing, Syndergaard was asked if he regrets passing on the opportunity to pitch for the United States in the upcoming World Baseball Classic.

“Nope, not one bit,” the 24-year-old said.

"I’m a Met. And ain’t nobody made it to the Hall of Fame or win a World Series playing in the WBC.”

Well they're going with d'Arnaud to catch Thor. Guess they're trying to get him going early on without shaking his confidence with a benching right off the bat.

The Mets have unveiled the team's starting lineup for opening day against the Atlanta Braves, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com

The Mets face the Braves at 1:10 p.m. on Monday, with coverage beginning on SNY at 11:30 a.m. Noah Syndergaard gets the start for the Mets, opposed by Julio Teheran for Atlanta

1. Jose Reyes

2. Asdrubal Cabrera

3. Yoenis Cespedes

4. Curtis Granderson

5. Neil Walker

6. Jay Bruce

7. Lucas Duda

8. Travis d'Arnaud

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Well they're going with d'Arnaud to catch Thor. Guess they're trying to get him going early on without shaking his confidence with a benching right off the bat.

The Mets have unveiled the team's starting lineup for opening day against the Atlanta Braves, according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com

The Mets face the Braves at 1:10 p.m. on Monday, with coverage beginning on SNY at 11:30 a.m. Noah Syndergaard gets the start for the Mets, opposed by Julio Teheran for Atlanta

1. Jose Reyes

2. Asdrubal Cabrera

3. Yoenis Cespedes

4. Curtis Granderson

5. Neil Walker

6. Jay Bruce

7. Lucas Duda

8. Travis d'Arnaud

Duda as your seven hitter is a pretty deep lineup 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

So trying how to figure out how to leave work for the game.  Friggin boss schedule a meeting for 3pm though. 

UGH!!!

You look to me like your not feeling well at all, and your probably going to get everyone sick at the office, so its probably better for everyone else if you go home and get some rest.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

You look to me like your not feeling well at all, and your probably going to get everyone sick at the office, so its probably better for everyone else if you go home and get some rest.

My boss literally texted me last night...  "I need you in this meeting tomorrow.  Dont try anything funny to watch opening day"

I'm going to try and stream it while I sit in my office.  Meanwhile, my girlfriend is there.  How ****ed up is that?

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

My boss literally texted me last night...  "I need you in this meeting tomorrow.  Dont try anything funny to watch opening day"

I'm going to try and stream it while I sit in my office.  Meanwhile, my girlfriend is there.  How ****ed up is that?

LOL, thats funny that your boss said that.

Yeah, gotta stream that then and watch it, can't miss opening day!

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good.  And if you ever have a problem with that, you can meet me 60 feet, 6 inches away.  I've got no problem with that. 

Right now I am too busy trying to drive up Teherans pitch count, maybe later.

3 hours ago, NoBowles said:

He kind of hits like a girl too now.

I think him and Duda are a couple. Two flakes.

Smith next year, and hopefully a young Catcher in the minors advances this year.

Archived