2017 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If we can get that Wheeler on a semi-regular basis and Harvey's control remains like it has been the past two starts, we are going to be a dangerous ball club.

They both look good, and appear to be very happy with the way things are going for themselves. Wheeler looks like a determined dude too. I'm sure Harvey is also.

Great to see

Harvey is tabbed to make his next start on schedule

Mets SS Amed Rosario has been named baseball's top prospect currently playing in the minor leagues, according to ESPN's Keith Law. 

Law, who had Rosario ranked third in January, has slotted Rosario at the top of the list in his latest update, as Andrew Benintendi and Dansby Swanson are no longer considered prospects. 

Rosario started this season in Triple-A Las Vegas after just 54 games in Double-A, which Law sees as the Mets wanting the 21-year-old in the majors at some point in the near future. 

"Rosario is big for shortstop but in his own league athletically," Law said in January. "He's almost a lock to stay at the position, and he's gifted with quick actions, a plus arm and the ability to throw accurately while in motion.

"He has MVP potential as a true shortstop who will be above average defensively and projects to hit .300 with some walks and power." 

To start this year, Rosario is 11-for-26 with three RBIs with Vegas. For his minor league career, Rosario has hit .283 a .329 OBP and .388 SLG in 364 games. 

First baseman Dominic Smith is ranked 22nd in the newest list. He's hitting .440 through six Triple-A games. 

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mets SS Amed Rosario has been named baseball's top prospect currently playing in the minor leagues, according to ESPN's Keith Law. 

Law, who had Rosario ranked third in January, has slotted Rosario at the top of the list in his latest update, as Andrew Benintendi and Dansby Swanson are no longer considered prospects. 

Rosario started this season in Triple-A Las Vegas after just 54 games in Double-A, which Law sees as the Mets wanting the 21-year-old in the majors at some point in the near future. 

"Rosario is big for shortstop but in his own league athletically," Law said in January. "He's almost a lock to stay at the position, and he's gifted with quick actions, a plus arm and the ability to throw accurately while in motion.

"He has MVP potential as a true shortstop who will be above average defensively and projects to hit .300 with some walks and power." 

To start this year, Rosario is 11-for-26 with three RBIs with Vegas. For his minor league career, Rosario has hit .283 a .329 OBP and .388 SLG in 364 games. 

First baseman Dominic Smith is ranked 22nd in the newest list. He's hitting .440 through six Triple-A games. 

Hate to go all "Gato", but the Mets need to start injecting some youth in the everyday line-up soon, and Conforto, Rosario and Smith will be good building blocks.

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Hate to go all "Gato", but the Mets need to start injecting some youth in the everyday line-up soon, and Conforto, Rosario and Smith will be good building blocks.

I think after the super 2 amount of games pass and there Is an injury keeping 2b,SS or 3b out for significant amount of time. Rosario will be up 

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

I think after the super 2 amount of games pass and there Is an injury keeping 2b,SS or 3b out for significant amount of time. Rosario will be up 

I think Terry was on record this Spring saying he'll be up in June or July. So far as I know he has not seen any time at 2nd and only very little time at 3rd. My guess is they're waiting on Asdrubal having to miss some time, which is likely given his history and age. Anything is possible but I would certainly hope that they wouldn't call up a prospect that they value so heavily and then throw him into the fire at a position he has not seen much or any time at.

Given an emergency at second where both Walker and Flores have to miss time I would think the options would be TJ or Cecchini.

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yeah, you could really see what the youth injection does last night with Conforto. He looks really good and there's a hop to his step. There's a bunch of guys knocking on the door now including Lagares and Nimmo. They bring energy. We'll see who rises.

It sure does look like Rosario is close, and that he will not be denied in the end. This guys gonna be good....... Just a matter of how good.

It will all work itself out.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think Terry was on record this Spring saying he'll be up in June or July. So far as I know he has not seen any time at 2nd and only very little time at 3rd. My guess is they're waiting on Asdrubal having to miss some time, which is likely given his history and age. Anything is possible but I would certainly hope that they wouldn't call up a prospect that they value so heavily and then throw him into the fire at a position he has not seen much or any time at.

Given an emergency at second where both Walker and Flores have to miss time I would think the options would be TJ or Cecchini.

Yea I should of clarified. I think Rosario comes up to play SS only and Cabrera moves to the vacated spot 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

TJ getting the start for Reyes tonight.  If anyone needs a night off, its Reyes.

I really am not a fan of Granderson leading off at this point. He's not the same guy he once was at the plate. I'm starting to wonder if Conforto should be starting with Grandy the primary backup for CF and RF. Granted this is a good problem to have, but he needs to be playing.

4 minutes ago, faba said:

Ugh another grand slam given up  Conforto should play = Mets still have problem against lefties with their lineup

If Jose is right he's leading off as a RH hitter. He needs to get his sh*t together

There are some times in sports where you watch a guy push his body way beyond what it's capable of and it is nothing but inspiring. All the respect in the world for Hansel Robles tonight. That was incredible. Give that man off until Monday.

What a game. That's as good a baseball game in April as you can possibly ask for.

Kudos to Robles for sure. Also some positives:

Td'A, best game in a long time. Loved the way he handled Robles and Smoker in the end. What a blast to win it too! A turning point?

Smoker, best game yet.

Conforto, kid is gonna take playing time for himself. He's earned it, as it should be.

As much fun as it has been to watch Yo, the best part of this streak has been the play of some of the other guys like Bruce, D'Arnaud, Conforto.  If we can get production out of these guys all year, this team will be very dangerous.  You don't want to do it often, but its nice to be able to win a game despite giving up 8.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

As much fun as it has been to watch Yo, the best part of this streak has been the play of some of the other guys like Bruce, D'Arnaud, Conforto.  If we can get production out of these guys all year, this team will be very dangerous.  You don't want to do it often, but its nice to be able to win a game despite giving up 8.

Travis is the biggest shocker. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Travis is the biggest shocker. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

I agree.  I was ready to give up on the guy in the offseason.  Not sold on him yet, but he has at least bought himself a week or two without me complaining that Rivera needs more starts.

Archived