Biggest indictment is not dressing Hackenberg knowing blow out was possible

Jetsbb

I was personally surprised. I mean when Mac drafted Hack, he said the plan was to red shirt him. Then in a 41-3 beatdown, Mac held to his word. WTF? GMs are like politicians, aren't they supposed to lie? I am very confused...

The thing that I don't get is that when it became obvious that the Jets were going to suck this year, there was outrage, but now that a few weeks where the team still stinks there is more outrage, like we all forgot that the team sucked. And every week, people say the same thing, Petty sucks, and Hack, who hasn't even dressed, sucks.

Did anyone really think that this team was going to play well at NE in the rain? Petty didn't have a great game, but he showed heart. Fitz, behind the same line with the same young receivers played worse. But yeah, Petty sucks and Hack sucks. Sure, they knew there was a blowout likely, but so, put the guy in anyway?

I have a question. If they put in Hack and he struggled, would that be it? Would that be Hack's only chance in your eyes? If Hack went out and stunk would you be okay with the coach and GM then. Seems like people unhappy with the team and today's play are just looking for things to gripe about. There is plenty to gripe about with or without dressing Hack.

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Can someone please tell me one QB that Chan Gailey has developed? Ever?

The table below shows Gailey’s coaching career in the NFL as either a quarterbacks coach, offensive coordinator, or head coach. I have listed his main quarterback during each applicable season of his coaching career, along with that player’s Relative Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt. For new readers, Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt is simply a modification of yards per attempt, with a 45-yard penalty for interceptions, a 20-yard bonus for passing touchdowns; in addition, this metric includes sack data.  Relative ANY/A compares a quarterback’s Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt average to league average. As it turns out, Gailey’s quarterbacks have produced, on average, at about a league average clip:

He's fielded "Competitive teams" w/ these QBs. not defending, just answering your query.

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

So no one. Ever,

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I've asked this question multiple times and all I get told is Gailey gets the most out of his Qbs. Truth is the guy has never developed anyone.

Yeah the guy seems like he enjoys golf more than QB's. Hopefully he is playing more of it next year.

On 12/24/2016 at 6:08 PM, drdetroit said:

Glennon

Cutler

Tyrod Taylor if Bills cut him

McCarron via trade

Kizer, Watson Trubisky in the draft

But yeah like you said no one.

Maybe, with the exception of Taylor, none of these QBs are definitely better than Fitz..  Glennon and McCarron have potential to be better.  Or they might be the next Osweiler.  More so with Glennon.

Will Kizer be there at 5/6?  Is he getting by the Browns, 49ers or Bears?  Regardless, like with McCarron/Glennon/Grappolo, a college QB only has potential.  THere are nodifintive Luck's out  there were the consensus is "kid is going to be good".

On 2016-12-24 at 9:14 PM, SAR I said:

If the quarterback isn't ready, you don't send him out to the Belichick wolves on his first assignment.  I'm guessing you aren't a parent.  I wouldn't send my 6 year old tee-baller up to play with 12 year olds because it's good "experience".  I'd send him up when his coaches were confident he was ready.

Experience in a blowout isn't 'experience'.  For someone with questionable NFL skills you've bet the farm on, it could be catastrophic.  Letting a quarterback from an NCAA system have a year to get acclimated to an NFL system is a good idea, not a bad one.  Maccagnan is trying something different, taking the best non-pro style quarterback in the last two drafts, giving them a year with pro coaching to figure it out before getting them slaughtered on the field.  Get onboard.

SAR I

I disagree the pats are a good scoring defense but are hardly laced with fierce pass rushers.  It also removes pressure because no one expects the team to even be close.  There are a lot of other defenses that would be worse choices to face than the pats.

On 2016-12-24 at 9:35 PM, NoBowles said:

I've asked this question multiple times and all I get told is Gailey gets the most out of his Qbs. Truth is the guy has never developed anyone.

Give him young guys only to work with and he will do well enough imo.  Gailey is the best coach on this team right now imo, which ain;t saying much,

On 12/24/2016 at 4:56 PM, Jetsbb said:

How do you not dress Hackenberg when you know there is a very good chance the game will be out of hand and you will then be able to get your 2nd round QB some experience in an NFL game? WTF is going on with this team? This is a prime example when a GM is supposed to override the coach and demand you dress Hackenberg in case of a blow out so he could get experience,

Hackenberg is not ready and may never be ready. 

Archived