More likely to be fired. Bowles or Rex (choose ONE)

UnitedWhofans

46 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Rex is 95% likely to be fired

Bowles is 50.5% likely to be fired

I wish. Woody leaked to the press Bowles was safe after that embarrassing Colts loss. He simply has never fired a HC with more than a year left on his contract.

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yep. They played hard, but Rex made a crucial mistake in overtime and is getting killed for it on Twitter. Nobody except Jets fans are killing Bowles

That is because jets became a laughable side show weeks ago, no one cares about this crap team.  We are no threat. 

Both should be fired, rex has a better chance of being fired.  Bowles will be back, unfortunately,

Rex is going to get fired, Bowles deserves it more.  I thought I'd never say this about any other NFL coach but Bowles is a worse coach than Rex.  That is a pretty low bar though.  The difference is one comes in with a bluster and leaves with a whimper while the other is at least silent and doesn't hang himself.  Rex with his promises all but puts a noose around his neck when he doesn't do as promised with his buffoonery. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is because jets became a laughable side show weeks ago, no one cares about this crap team.  We are no threat. 

Both should be fired, rex has a better chance of being fired.  Bowles will be back, unfortunately,

I would rather be bad and anonymous than be a national laughingstock.

I think they will bring in an established Qb to be the starter. Woody will get rid of a lot of salary and use some of it to get someone with credentials. He'd rather do this then be embarrassed. My choice if the Bills make wholesale changes would be Tyrod Taylor. It's possible and been rumored they won't pick up his option. But I could see the Jets going with someone like a Cutler or another older vet. 

Rex prolly could have saved his fat ass yesterday when the Bills took that lead over Miami with a minute and change remaining

Instead he, as usual, went with the soft prevent defense and allowed Moore to move the Phins up the field for the game tying FG.

And topped off things by only having 10 players on the field when Ajayi scampered for the huge gain setting up the winning chip shot FG in OT

13 hours ago, fusionCA said:

both are going to be fired and do  what they need to be.

Rex a DL coach and Bowles a secondary coach

Bowles ' secondary is the most pitiful unit on the team so I hope he does so on one of our rivals. 

Cardinals were some kind of weird fluke. They overachieved or something but it wasn't because of him. They've regressed to the mean 

16 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would say Rez simply because we've heard rumors from their front office.

There has been nothing said about firing Todd bowles from anybody. No leaks, no nothing.

I don't know who Rez is, but Rex Ryan will probably get the boot. He has arguably done a better job in Buffalo than he did in NY and certainly a better job than Bowles has done here. Mac better have a great draft next year, because his two drafts are looking shaky with Petty, Amaro, McDougle looking like bad choices.

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I think they will bring in an established Qb to be the starter. Woody will get rid of a lot of salary and use some of it to get someone with credentials. He'd rather do this then be embarrassed. My choice if the Bills make wholesale changes would be Tyrod Taylor. It's possible and been rumored they won't pick up his option. But I could see the Jets going with someone like a Cutler or another older vet. 

Right now I would take Jay Cutler. Draft Jabari Peppers in round one, an OT in round two and then work on filling holes at TE, CB and WR. Get rid of Brandon Marshall, Giacomini, Clady, Revis, Pryor and Skrine. Try to trade Richardson, but I doubt if the return will be worth it, so keep him. It is a contract year so he will play his butt off. Then cut him.

1 hour ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Rex prolly could have saved his fat ass yesterday when the Bills took that lead over Miami with a minute and change remaining

Instead he, as usual, went with the soft prevent defense and allowed Moore to move the Phins up the field for the game tying FG.

And topped off things by only having 10 players on the field when Ajayi scampered for the huge gain setting up the winning chip shot FG in OT

Rex is still a better HC than Bowles.  

3 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Fatter..yes

Better..not even close

Rex's teams are almost always in the game even with all his bone-headed-ness.  Rex is a motivator.  Bowles, not so much.  Gun to my head I take Rex over Bowles, however and needless to say, I want no part of either.  

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Rex's teams are almost always in the game even with all his bone-headed-ness.  Rex is a motivator.  Bowles, not so much.  Gun to my head I take Rex over Bowles, however and needless to say, I want no part of either.  

Well Rex sure ain't coming back here, and Bowles - if he is lucky - will get one more shot. With the last several drafts not panning out however, save for Leo Williams, the future ain't looking so hot unless Mac has a four star draft. Over the last four years draft busts have included Dee Milliner, Geno Smith, Jace Amaro, McDougle, Oday Abushy, Tommy Bohanon, William Campbell, Calvin Pryor, Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, Jeremiah George, Brandon Dixon, I.K. Enemkpali, Taj Boyd, Bryce Petty, Devin Smith, Jarvis Harrison and probably Christian Hackenberg. Wow. No wonder Jets will finish 4-12 AGAIN. 17 MISSED DRAFT CHOICES.

29 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Right now I would take Jay Cutler. Draft Jabari Peppers in round one, an OT in round two and then work on filling holes at TE, CB and WR. Get rid of Brandon Marshall, Giacomini, Clady, Revis, Pryor and Skrine. Try to trade Richardson, but I doubt if the return will be worth it, so keep him. It is a contract year so he will play his butt off. Then cut him.

I think on a good team Sheldon could be a very good player. But in this kind of a situation he keeps getting into trouble because off the field he naturally is an idiot. But there are plenty of stupid guys in Canton. They will probably keep Pryor and Skrine. If me I trade back and try to draft two good O-lineman using that overall #5 or whatever we end up getting since it looks like another 4-12. Cutler had a good year in 2015 but if available I'd overpay Tyrod Taylor over him. 

I think Rex is gone. I don't believe in firing coaches after 2 years but Bowles lost the locker room. Hoping for a hard nosed offensive minded coach. I hate the Fins but Gase has them playing hard and finishing games, plus Tannehill improved under Gase and Moore is playing well. We shall see what next year brings for them but they look disciplined.

I would take Kyle Shanahan, I know it might not be a popular choice especially as a first year HC. We probably need a Todd Hailey type. I think KS can help us develop a QB better than Hailey.

15 hours ago, fusionCA said:

both are going to be fired and do  what they need to be.

Rex a DL coach and Bowles a secondary coach

Bowles secondary has been terrible. I think Rex if fired gets a college HC job. But maybe for 2018 since it's already kind of late to get anything. In 2017 you might see him on ESPN or somewhere. 

i didn't bother to watch the whole game.  i saw the bit before halftime when bowles called the timeout and then got shown how a team scores with 50 seconds left in a half,  even if it was on a penalty.  the thing is bowles may have just lost his job.  the jets did little right.  the qb play was completely unacceptable even if you consider the state of the oline. you could tell when fitz came in they were only going through the motions.

and it's not about the physical talent of the players.  it's all about motivation and learning how to play the game.  this falls on bowles and the coaching staff.

Archived