Derek Carr

nico002

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fitzpatrick is healthy and raring to go

Ryan Fitzpatrick is responsible for 75% of our wins this year.

And yet they want him run out of town.

Unbelievable.

For reference, Tom Brady is only responsible for 69% of the Pats wins this year.

SAR I

On December 25, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Snell41 said:

The NFL is a better league when the Raiders are good. As much as I hate them, this really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

NFL injuries unfortunately are a big part of the game.( See Brigewater,  Gronk going down to injury etc- that had effect on the NFL season. .

The Raiders could have brought in another backup Qb before the season.   They had confidence in Matt Mcgloin.    We are going to see how smart that decision was.

Mcgloin clearly isn't as good as Derek Carr , but the Raiders do have a lot of weapons on offense still.( way better than the last time he was the Raider starting Qb) .

One of the three best offense lines in football, very good receiving corps ( have to clean up the drops especially with the backup playing), a well balanced running back by committee( threats in both the running and passing game) , and Te's who will be a bigger part of the offense , than they were under Carr.

It's up to Musgrave( Raiders OC) to Taylor a game plan that plays into strength of Mcgloin, and hides his short comings.     Mcgloin and the offense have to protect the football at all cost.

On December 25, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Snell41 said:

The NFL is a better league when the Raiders are good. As much as I hate them, this really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

NFL injuries unfortunately are a big part of the game.( See Brigewater,  Gronk going down to injury etc- that had effect on the NFL season. .

The Raiders could have brought in another backup Qb before the season.   They had confidence in Matt Mcgloin.    We are going to see how smart that decision was.

Mcgloin clearly isn't as good as Derek Carr , but the Raiders do have a lot of weapons on offense still.( way better than the last time he was the Raider starting Qb) .

One of the three best offense lines in football, very good receiving corps ( have to clean up the drops especially with the backup playing), a well balanced running back by committee( threats in both the running and passing game) , and Te's who will be a bigger part of the offense , than they were under Carr.

It's up to Musgrave( Raiders OC) to Taylor a game plan that plays into strength of Mcgloin, and hides his short comings.     Mcgloin and the offense have to protect the football at all cost.

Just now, Raideraholic said:

Going to be very interesting to see if the Raiders can overcome the loss of their star QB. 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Going to be very interesting to see if the Raiders can overcome the loss of their star QB. 

I don't know enough about them as a team, I'm sad to admit... Do they have a defense that can carry them? I mean the only way you beat the Pats is with a pass rush... Do they have that?

4 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I don't know enough about them as a team, I'm sad to admit... Do they have a defense that can carry them? I mean the only way you beat the Pats is with a pass rush... Do they have that?

The Raider defense hasn't been very good for the most of the season.( have won largely off of Carr, and the offense).   They have excellent book ends ( K Mack , and Bruce Irvin) that are very effective generating an outside pass rush..   Inability of interior defense line to get pressure has hurt .( Qb steps up in pocket, and avoids the outside pass rushers).

Due to injury their second best defense lineman De/DT Mario Edwards who would have provided that interior pass rush was on Ir. Not to mention a force at De on the running downs, and a force when he slides inside on passing downs. It forced the Raiders to play their raw rookie J Ward , a lot more than they anticipated.( clearly a year away.)    Rookie undrafted Fa D Latham has been way better than Ward , but slowly now just getting more snaps than Ward.

Well  Raiders finally got back their second best defense lineman last week Mario Edwards(  hurt in preseason and just came off IR) .    If he gets into Game shape could be impact player this defense needs. Makes them more stout against the run while at De, and puts that interior pressure when he slides inside to DT.  his presence makes K Mack a much more dangerous player.

If the commissioner would reinstate Aldon Smith ( doesn't look like it's going to happen this year). That could potentially make this  defense a lot better very fast.     You can put out LDe K Mack Ldt Aldon Smith Rdt Mario Edwards and Bruce Irvin that lineup would destroy the Cheaters offense line .  It would provide the type of pass rush, you talk about needing.  .  Not to mention they could use Bruce Irvin more in coverage.( fix a problem as their two interior Lb's have struggled in coverage.  ( M Smith ,and Riley) Irvin could take the Top Te's in coverage.

The Raiders still have some problems in the secondary. ( can't fix till offseason)    At CB they are fine against teams with big Wr's but struggle with speedy small Wr's.( don't have a CB that can take those type of Wr's on the roster.( Dj Hayden could have but he's on Ir)   Defintely will be one of the major needs addressed - fast CB.

Fs Reggie Nelson really isn't a good fit for the Raider defense.   They need a faster Fs who can cover more ground.     

All comes down to the pass rush, Raiders potentially could be a lot better in the playoffs.   Hide some of their problems they have on defense.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Raider defense hasn't been very good for the most of the season.( have won largely off of Carr, and the offense).   They have excellent book ends ( K Mack , and Bruce Irvin) that are very effective generating an outside pass rush..   Inability of interior defense line to get pressure has hurt .( Qb steps up in pocket, and avoids the outside pass rushers).

Due to injury their second best defense lineman De/DT Mario Edwards who would have provided that interior pass rush was on Ir. Not to mention a force at De on the running downs, and a force when he slides inside on passing downs. It forced the Raiders to play their raw rookie J Ward , a lot more than they anticipated.( clearly a year away.)    Rookie undrafted Fa D Latham has been way better than Ward , but slowly now just getting more snaps than Ward.

Well  Raiders finally got back their second best defense lineman last week Mario Edwards(  hurt in preseason and just came off IR) .    If he gets into Game shape could be impact player this defense needs. Makes them more stout against the run while at De, and puts that interior pressure when he slides inside to DT.  his presence makes K Mack a much more dangerous player.

If the commissioner would reinstate Aldon Smith ( doesn't look like it's going to happen this year). That could potentially make this  defense a lot better very fast.     You can put out LDe K Mack Ldt Aldon Smith Rdt Mario Edwards and Bruce Irvin that lineup would destroy the Cheaters offense line .  It would provide the type of pass rush, you talk about needing.  .  Not to mention they could use Bruce Irvin more in coverage.( fix a problem as their two interior Lb's have struggled in coverage.  ( M Smith ,and Riley) Irvin could take the Top Te's in coverage.

The Raiders still have some problems in the secondary. ( can't fix till offseason)    At CB they are fine against teams with big Wr's but struggle with speedy small Wr's.( don't have a CB that can take those type of Wr's on the roster.( Dj Hayden could have but he's on Ir)   Defintely will be one of the major needs addressed - fast CB.

Fs Reggie Nelson really isn't a good fit for the Raider defense.   They need a faster Fs who can cover more ground.     

All comes down to the pass rush, Raiders potentially could be a lot better in the playoffs.   Hide some of their problems they have on defense.

Interesting, thanks for the breakdown! I appreciate it...

I think an outside pass rush is better against the Pats than an inside one, but I could be wrong about that... But if I'm correct then at least it seems like they could keep Brady dancing back there and good things happen for opponents when Brady isn't comfortable as can be. 

Archived