Hack reporter Rich Cimini advoctes keeping Bowles with inane reasoning.

Jetsbb

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's not a matter of supporting Todd Bowles. It's a matter of being a viable job to other candidates and not becoming a revolving door of head coaches. 

Until you find a decent one you hire and fire retaining bottom feeder head coaches who coach like ours isn't getting us anywhere. 

Please give me 3 positives you have taken from the 2016 season from our head coach. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What is a head coaches job?

One of the biggest tasks of a head coach is to get his players ready to play, weed out the bad eggs, produce a culture of team work and discipline and to be able to know how to handle different personalities. 

People who support Bowles are totally ignoring that he has brought a lot of these team check out issues onto himself.  That is his job, he has failed at it.

He thinks he is doing the right thing by 'handling it internally' by sticking up for his players like flat out lieing  'the effort is there, some young guys just missed assignments' but he has utterly failed in that regard, the team is not playing hard for him, and when I say team I mean the majority of the team and most of the vets.

I doubt if he we be fired and that fact that our gm has no say in this will sink maccagnan as well sooner or later.

The only hope for bowles in my mind is if the Jets this off season just take a true wrecking ball to the team and get rid of ALL of the malcontent dead wood.

What I think will happen will be they will dump a bunch of players to get cap space then sign a bunch of other vets to try and save their phoney baloney jobs.  We go 8-8,next year and the cycle of jets life continues.

Totally Agree... he has failed miserably and for those that espouse keeping him for continuity sake are dreaming.  he is and has been a bad coach.  Frankly, he has regressed because at least last year he seem to handle some things - the punch, Richerson, etc.) better.... 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Until you find a decent one you hire and fire retaining bottom feeder head coaches who coach like ours isn't getting us anywhere. 

Please give me 3 positives you have taken from the 2016 season from our head coach. 

1. He keeps his mouth shut, unlike Rex.

2. His players haven't rebelled against him, like Mike Zimmer

3. The young players play hard for him, which is important because they will be the core of next year's team

Just now, SOJ said:

Totally Agree... he has failed miserably and for those that espouse keeping him for continuity sake are dreaming.  he is and has been a bad coach.  Frankly, he has regressed because at least last year he seem to handle some things better.... 

Following the examples of the Bills and Browns is not recommended

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Devils advocate here, keeping Bowltite here would send the wrong message to prospective candidates in that the owner only cares about $$ and does not give a crap about winning and / or putting a respectable product on the field.

This team is so far gone I do not see how Bowltite returns. Nobody here or anywhere can convince me otherwise. I have watched sports long enough to know when it is too far gone. This is past too far gone.

I have been saying this for the entire season, look deep inside your minds and ask yourselves what this guy does well as a HC. Name one thing his staff does or has done well enough to convince us that they will be able to turn this sinking ship around and turn it into a respectable winner. You might be searching for a very long time.

This guy gets it. Plus 11 billionty.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Disagree 

You support him I don't, game over conversation over. 

When did his players completely ignore his game plan?

Again, it might be a coach with the brain size of a peanut. It is common NFL etiquette. His first season of 10 wins guarantees him 2 years barring off the field circumstances. That's the way things are done in the NFL, outside of bad organizations like the Bills and BrOwns.

Find me another coach who won 10 games his first year and was fired the next year

45 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When did his players completely ignore his game plan?

Again, it might be a coach with the brain size of a peanut. It is common NFL etiquette. His first season of 10 wins guarantees him 2 years barring off the field circumstances. That's the way things are done in the NFL, outside of bad organizations like the Bills and BrOwns.

Find me another coach who won 10 games his first year and was fired the next year

Ok what's Todd paying you?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh my God....

It has nothing to do with Bowles. If Kotite had won 10 games his first year, I would be saying the same thing.

Jeez.......

Do you have eye's? - Read my lips, the guy can not coach. He's lost the team, the inmates run the Jets. Not Todd Bowles. I'm not signing up for year 3. 

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Do you have eye's? - Read my lips, the guy can not coach. He's lost the team, the inmates run the Jets. Not Todd Bowles. I'm not signing up for year 3. 

I'm not disagreeIng with you. He was bad this year. But it is not proper NFL etiquette if the guy had a good first year, to fire him after the next. That makes good head coaches stay away

Regardless of how he got those 10 wins, he got them. And those can't be taken away. And that is why he gets a third year. Eric Mangini, once again

Kotite got only 2 years because his two years sucked

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Oh my God....

It has nothing to do with Bowles. If Kotite had won 10 games his first year, I would be saying the same thing.

Jeez.......

Would you have fired Mangini after his second year?

Mangini, could coach, albeit being a little wooden. I've not seen a team quit on a HC like this in a long time.

Todd Bowles is a bad head coach, and giving him a 3rd year for nothing other then it's supposed to be fair, isn't good enough for me.

i'm no bowles hater but at this point, i don't see how bowles turns this team around any time soon.  obviously some things may change such as clearing out the dead wood, replacing some coaches, having a great draft and resolving the qb situation but even there it assumes that bowles can get this team ready to play week in and week out.  seasons like this one are not new to jets fans.  many posters forget the likes of charlie winner, or lou holtz.  the 80's were equall frustrating with the labor strife and a couple of teaser seasons by todd and obrien.  but what is known is that bringing in the right coaches and front office can do wonders.  look at what parcells did for example. this hasn't been matched since.  woody needs to find the right guys.  heck go back up the truck to the bellichicken.

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Mangini, could coach, albeit being a little wooden. I've not seen a team quit on a HC like this in a long time.

Todd Bowles is a bad head coach, and giving him a 3rd year for nothing other then it's supposed to be fair, isn't good enough for me.

i didn't think mangini needed to be launched but then again he had that problem with pete kendall which really seemed like a pretty childish move by all parties involved.

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Then you can be a fan of the Bills and Browns, especially Cleveland who have done this for awhile

Every head coach gets a mulligan year, IMO,  Bowles just used his.  If he sucks next year, get him out of here, unless you can get a Harbaugh this year.

Mangini and Bowles are about to have the same record after 2 years. You are what your record says you are

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Then you can be a fan of the Bills and Browns, especially Cleveland who have done this for awhile

Every head coach gets a mulligan year, IMO,  Bowles just used his.  If he sucks next year, get him out of here, unless you can get a Harbaugh this year.

Love it how many use the "go be a fan of another team" when they have nothing else to say to validate their point. 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

To be fair teams have done this and it has worked out too.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Love it how many use the "go be a fan of another team" when they have nothing else to say to validate their point. 

Because I've said all that needs to be said. If you want a quality coach here, unless Harbaugh will come here, you keep Bowles here and fire him next year.

If not because Bowles deserves it then because quality head coaches will know that they will be treated fairly by this organization

Because I've said all that needs to be said. If you want a quality coach here, unless Harbaugh will come here, you keep Bowles here and fire him next year.

If not because Bowles deserves it then because quality head coaches will know that they will be treated fairly by this organization

He was awful this season in all aspects of the game, decisions he made were monumental failures. 

I would like to know of a team whose coach won 10 games his first year and he was cfired after the next.

Reminder last season easiest schedule in the NFL. 

COME ON MAN 

Oh get the out. If you are to blind to see what's going on, that's not my fault. The Team does not even try, apart from a  handful of guys.

Just read Leo Williams post game comments for an in site. 

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh get the out. If you are to blind to see what's going on, that's not my fault. The Team does not even try, apart from a  handful of guys.

Just read Leo Williams post game comments for an in site. 

I'm not blind. Where have I said that Bowles did a good job this year? It just doesn't matter in NFL etiquette

Archived