In case you are wondering how Jets got so bad

Ex-Rex

Just now, Jetster said:

Louisville or Alabama? Jets were too scared to take Ha Ha after the Milliner debocle. Jets are stupid.

With the talent mill that goes through Bama it would be hard to say I never want another one as a Jet (especially considering Joe) - but the Louisville Jets minus Powell have been all hype dung  - Kerry*the vag* Roades - Browning Nagle

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Darron Lee is a spectator. 

I don't understand everyone killing Lee? Tom Brady best the f*cking Seattle Seahawks by completely dominating them in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl. News alert..Toms pretty terrific. Lee is playing behind guys that have totally given up or hurt. McClendon is out, Wilk has mailed it in, Simon is learning on the job, Harris is slow as sh*t, Jenkins is learning on the job, my god, Jet fans act like he's playing behind the Ravens in their Super Bowl years. 

Heres another thing to ponder, we don't even know if Bowles can coach? I haven't seen this guy put anyone in the right place. I'm gonna go out on a limb & say you could get rude of Bowles & Kacey Rogers, give Schwartz, Phillips, Sutton, Patricia, and a few more DCs in this league, this same defense as constituted & they could make them a hellava lot better than what we're seeing under Todd Bowles. Bowles is a bad coach & the only reason the Jets should keep him is as cannon fodder for 2017. 2018 draft is loaded with QB candidates & we need 1 in our rebuilding to take over this division when Brady & BB call it a day.

You let Macc continue to draft next year, you force him to only go after younger players in free agency, you let him trade anyone he wants for picks, and then you draft a STUD QB in 2018 & that's when you fire Todd Bowles!

Now you've got the ammunition to bring in a coach under a 5 year deal! He now has an eager young team, hopefully a rebuilt young offensive line, a stud college QB, some decent money under the cap to fill holes, and an objective to see improvement towards the goal of eventually winning the division. 

You try and bring in a big time coach with the mess with have here now, overpaid vets dogging it, no secondary, no Oline, no pass rushers, young players finding their way, no QBs on the roster but Hackenberg, who wants that job.

This is Maccs biggest offseason ever in his career. He needs to make this NY Jet team in 2017 & 2018, a destination for a top coach to consider. I think he has the scouts to pull it off, especially if we keep Bowles because he sucks & we will be in the running for the top pick in 2018. The Browns & Bears already look better than the Jets. Chargers still have Rivers. It will be the 49ers vs Jets for the top pick in 2018. Jetster wants a franchise QB. It's our only chance. 

The only thing that could turn out better is that Hackenberg plays next year & shocks us all & looks like a franchise QB. Even better than to fire Bowles at the end of next season. Now you have a chance at a real head coach.

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Darron Lee is a spectator. 

I don't understand everyone killing Lee? Tom Brady best the f*cking Seattle Seahawks by completely dominating them in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl. News alert..Toms pretty terrific. Lee is playing behind guys that have totally given up or hurt. McClendon is out, Wilk has mailed it in, Simon is learning on the job, Harris is slow as sh*t, Jenkins is learning on the job, my god, Jet fans act like he's playing behind the Ravens in their Super Bowl years. 

Heres another thing to ponder, we don't even know if Bowles can coach? I haven't seen this guy put anyone in the right place. I'm gonna go out on a limb & say you could get rude of Bowles & Kacey Rogers, give Schwartz, Phillips, Sutton, Patricia, and a few more DCs in this league, this same defense as constituted & they could make them a hellava lot better than what we're seeing under Todd Bowles. Bowles is a bad coach & the only reason the Jets should keep him is as cannon fodder for 2017. 2018 draft is loaded with QB candidates & we need 1 in our rebuilding to take over this division when Brady & BB call it a day.

You let Macc continue to draft next year, you force him to only go after younger players in free agency, you let him trade anyone he wants for picks, and then you draft a STUD QB in 2018 & that's when you fire Todd Bowles!

Now you've got the ammunition to bring in a coach under a 5 year deal! He now has an eager young team, hopefully a rebuilt young offensive line, a stud college QB, some decent money under the cap to fill holes, and an objective to see improvement towards the goal of eventually winning the division. 

You try and bring in a big time coach with the mess with have here now, overpaid vets dogging it, no secondary, no Oline, no pass rushers, young players finding their way, no QBs on the roster but Hackenberg, who wants that job.

This is Maccs biggest offseason ever in his career. He needs to make this NY Jet team in 2017 & 2018, a destination for a top coach to consider. I think he has the scouts to pull it off, especially if we keep Bowles because he sucks & we will be in the running for the top pick in 2018. The Browns & Bears already look better than the Jets. Chargers still have Rivers. It will be the 49ers vs Jets for the top pick in 2018. Jetster wants a franchise QB. It's our only chance. 

The only thing that could turn out better is that Hackenberg plays next year & shocks us all & looks like a franchise QB. Even better than to fire Bowles at the end of next season. Now you have a chance at a real head coach.

22 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Most of these guys are still in the NFL or were recently on practice squads. Oday is still on the Texans active roster. And Bush is currently  a FA but was on the Broncos SB team and played in SB 50. 

The Jets seem to be great at finding players for OTHER teams practice squads. How about finding starting players for the Jets?

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Very good points, but I don't know if I can take another year of Bowles. But, he may turn out a little better than this year if Mac gets rid of those overpaid vets dogging it. That might give Bowles a chance to be something more than the disaster he has been this year. 

38 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Very good points, but I don't know if I can take another year of Bowles. But, he may turn out a little better than this year if Mac gets rid of those overpaid vets dogging it. That might give Bowles a chance to be something more than the disaster he has been this year. 

This is the key reason why I believe why Bowles will be back

A lot of players last 3 years and then leave. Their PS status maybe changes and there is no more market for them. Or individually they get tired of being cut and signed so many times.While PS money isn't bad it's not what they want for a career long term. As a young person it could keep them down in terms of making a future for themselves in business, etc. While other young college grads are firmly entrenched career wise. A lot of good players have fallen through the cracks this way. Some guys deal with it and maybe on their 4th or 5th team get a chance to play and establish themselves. A guy like James Harrison was cut 3 or 4 times, then went to NFLE, then back to the Ravens and cut.again. He considering quitting too. And obviously he had the talent just no real chance to play in the NFL. But finally he did and have a great career. 

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Mo and Sheldon comments are far off base.  Both were elite stud-level talents up till this year, and we (fans) should be asking WHY they're not stars now.  They didn't suddenly lose all their talent.

Half right. They didn't suddenly anything. Its always been true. Neither one has EVER exhibited sustained production. Hell, can you even name a single game in either one of their careers where they were the best player on the field for the game? Thats a requirement to even be in the conversation of "elite". You know that one or two times a month one of them comes up with an impressive play? Elite players do it every week, every quarter even.

Both have been beneficiaries of their draft position and the legend of their ability (as sold by fans and coaches like Rex). But when it comes to actually contributing to winning football, both guys are simply JAGs and always have been. Talent is meaningless. Execution is what matters.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

And looking at the 2016 class, I see several players with potential. Lee, Burris, Shell, Anderson, Peake, Edwards. Might end up being their best overall draft class in several years.

That's really not saying much.

I say this in all seriousness: the Jets would have better draft classes if they fired all of their scouts, printed out the top 200 prospects from draftcountdown.com, and just autodrafted their picks based on BAP on the board. 

The scouts have been worse than almost all of the couch-potato draftniks we have here on JN (except for Bitonti). It's a joke.

On December 25, 2016 at 11:53 AM, kmnj said:

Our Gm is terrible

Our coach is terrible

our players are highly over rated

blow it up-we are rock bottom anyways-over pay a guy who is a proven winner to come here-double the norm of what his salary should be -this goes for the gm  and the coach

I am fine as a fan understanding a total re build will be a 3-4 year process but I am fine being patient if I believe in the guys doing the rebuilding

It's the same old freakin' story.

You must be young because my patience is wearing thin.

SAR I says it's 10 years until we are good again.  I'm beginning to think he's right.

I don't want to wait until I am 68 to see my team play competitive football again.

I'll have to get a new hobby... thinking about an asian massage every Sunday at 1.

On 12/25/2016 at 11:54 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

He got the 3rd highest PFF grade on defense yesterday. Only Skrine and Burris got a higher grade

So, Lee was the 3rd best defender in a game you didn't watch where they gave up 41, and this is positive?  Is there any limit to your confirmation bias?

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

So, Lee was the 3rd best defender in a game you didn't watch where they gave up 41, and this is positive?  Is there any limit to your confirmation bias?

A bunch of tackles 7 yards down field in a blow  while you watched  entire plays develop in front of you but couldn't react until it was under your nose and missed numerous coverage assignments = good because so many tackles.

Archived