Enough with keeping Bowles

deucebag

The 10-6 record was due to a very easy schedule and a very lucky year for Fitzpartick.  The team was never all that motivated last year at times and came up small when they needed to show.  This year has been a mess from day one, but going back to just week 3 - there was so much quit in this team.  Look at the 49ers, with even a worse record they still compete, same with the Browns.   I am sorry Bowles has got to go.  There are plenty of quality candidates out there including retreads that deserve another chance.  My list includes;

Retreads:

1) Mike Smith

2) Todd Haley

3) Scott Linehan

4) Jim Schwartz

5) Mike Shanahan

6) Rob Chudzinski

Newbies:

1) Clyde Christensen

2) Deen Pees

3) Pep Hamilton

4) Frank Reich

5) Mike Shula

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'd take Haley if for nothing more than than getting someone who will hold players accountable.

I still think Reich and a quality DC with past HCing experience would be the best play.

The problem I have with Haley and Schwartz is that their antics in KC and Detroit would have them killed here. Can they handle the setting. Mike Smith is interesting to me.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The team looks unmotivated because the talent sucks. 

How can you say that though? How many ex pro bowlers are on this roster? 10? 12? They all started acting like they should be playing baseball instead in the same season?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Who are the good players? 

The roster is litered with Pro Bowlers who were considered tops in their positions pretty recently. Are they still top 5? Maybe not. But they certain all didn't become the worst at their positions in the league this season.

Revis, Clady, Mangold, B Marsh, D Harris, Gilcrist, Skrine, Forte. Thing is even when young guys replace them the young guys make the same mistakes. Enunwa disappears for long stretches. Is he over the hill and overrated too? The coaching is HORRIBLE.

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who are the good players? 

good teams make good players.  it's a team sport so unless you only look at the personal position players like cornerback and receivers, everything a player does is highly dependent on what other players do.  the players need a certain physical and mental talent threshold but outside of that it's up to the team to build up the players. even pryor looks like a superstar if he's only in on running plays to his side.

Losing is one thing...losing without any talent is another. But we haven't even looked like a professional team. 

Its over. We need a nee coach. Kotite was fired after 2 years. Should we have kept him for the sake of continuity? This team is horrendous on offense, defense, and special teams. It almost takes effort to be this bad.

Trade and pay whatever you have to Woody for a coach that has one a championship before. 

6 hours ago, RSJ said:

The roster is litered with Pro Bowlers who were considered tops in their positions pretty recently. Are they still top 5? Maybe not. But they certain all didn't become the worst at their positions in the league this season.

Revis, Clady, Mangold, B Marsh, D Harris, Gilcrist, Skrine, Forte. Thing is even when young guys replace them the young guys make the same mistakes. Enunwa disappears for long stretches. Is he over the hill and overrated too? The coaching is HORRIBLE.

How would better coaching keep Enunwa from disappearing for long stretches?

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Its over. We need a nee coach. Kotite was fired after 2 years. Should we have kept him for the sake of continuity? 

It's really a gay argument. (and by gay I mean lame not homosexual which is fine)

"We'll be duh Browns if we fire a guy after one season."

Fun Fact: The Green Bay Packers, class organization of the NFL, fired a Head Coach after one season when the team went 8-8!

Archived