But I Didn't Know Until This Very Day That It Was Tannenbaum All Along

SAR I

Tanny got it.  He took the fall for the Woodyisms.  

He was not perfect by any stretch, but he was closer to the pin than what the Jets are doing now.

Tanny has someone good scouting for him, and then he makes deals.

Mac is not the problem, per se.  He is a good scout.  But he would need to grow into the person in charge of the team as a whole.

The Jets are broke now, but rather than firing now, someone needs to step in for Woody before bad players are picked and good players are ruined.

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Im taking a nap..if the money is here when I awake, Ill know I have a partner.

LOL. 

I'd kill to take a nap right now. I'm the sixth member of my family to get hit with the stomach virus, I got the diarrhea edition.    Tossing and turning, I can't get comfortable.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

LOL. 

I'd kill to take a nap right now. I'm the sixth member of my family to get hit with the stomach virus, I got the diarrhea edition.    Tossing and turning, I can't get comfortable.

SAR I

A little too much info... wouldn't you say???

By the way...  I'm leasing a Beemer this Wednesday.  ?

50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

A little too much info... wouldn't you say???

By the way...  I'm leasing a Beemer this Wednesday.  ?

Congrats!   Let me know what model and what option packages you've chosen, the driving dynamics are very different if you don't order the right packages.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Congrats!   Let me know what model and what option packages you've chosen, the driving dynamics are very different if you don't order the right packages.

SAR I

I already lease an X3.... going up to X5.  I don't get into that much detail.   I'm golf buddies with the sales rep.   I'm getting as good a deal as can be had or so I think. Love the heads up display, GPS. 

9 hours ago, docdhc said:

The most important role for the gm in my opinion, is picking the right coach.  This was Tanny's biggest failure.  He always tailored the personel to the coaches preference anyway.  Maybe Mangini wasn't all bad, but Tanny  might of pulled the plug too early, succumbing to pressure from Woody.  Rex was the real disaster, going for the splashy pick who eventually got him fired.

The most important thing is picking good players.

11 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Tannenbaum and his dolphins have won 10 games this season - only 1 team they beat had a winning record and that team was Pittsburgh without a healthy Big Ben.

I had to listen to this ALL offseason about the Jets - does that only apply for 'Same Old Jet Fans'? Why would anybody make a big deal about Miami? ...and do we really care about them?

What they have done a good job of is creating depth, they have had a ton of injuries yet they still win. If they get some linebackers look out

On 12/26/2016 at 1:44 AM, SAR I said:

Mike Tannenbaum has now made the playoffs in the first year after a front office housecleaning rebuild in 3 consecutive regimes.

Mangini
Ryan
Gase

Impressive.  Sort of what we need right now.  His style of NFL-by-Steinbrenner almost worked as the architect of the '09 and '10 teams.  Sanchez shown the door for Geno.  Tannenbaum shown the door for Idzik.  Rex Ryan had his scapegoats. 

Look at how they massacred my boy.

SAR I

Any fool can play Madden for a couple of years but making it last with drafting is what separates GMs.

On 12/26/2016 at 11:47 AM, docdhc said:

The most important role for the gm in my opinion, is picking the right coach.  This was Tanny's biggest failure.  He always tailored the personel to the coaches preference anyway.  Maybe Mangini wasn't all bad, but Tanny  might of pulled the plug too early, succumbing to pressure from Woody.  Rex was the real disaster, going for the splashy pick who eventually got him fired.

Woody picks the head coaches himself.  Not sure if Tannenbaum was allowed to pick his own in Miami. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

How is the SAR I General Hospital sick ward looking?

Rough two days, all better now thanks. Best part is that we are immune now, can enjoy the rest of the season unabetted. Off to Pennsylvania for skiing tomorrow, Vegas next week, so it's good that it's over with.

SAR I

He mortgages the future-

Suh's Cap hit is $26.1 million in 2018.

He just signs big names because he has no scouting skills.  He gets the shiniest toys for top dollar but it always catches up with him.

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

He mortgages the future-

Suh's Cap hit is $26.1 million in 2018.

He just signs big names because he has no scouting skills.  He gets the shiniest toys for top dollar but it always catches up with him.

+1, it's coming..... Suh's contract is a mess and Ryan Tannehill is not worth 20 million a season.

They will have to pay guys like Landry, Ajayi soon as well. Tanny will give them gigantic deals.

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

A perfect GM builds a sustainable winner.

After that, making the playoffs sometimes is nice.

Playoff droughts are not good.

Tanny's style is in the middle.   It will get him fired when it crashes, but someone will hire him.

Tanny and Gase got lucky this year.  Jets stink.  Bills lost Watkins which killed their season

52 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Tanny and Gase got lucky this year.  Jets stink.  Bills lost Watkins which killed their season

Mr_Fuji.jpg

Here is the hi-res version of your avatar.

Please, use it, I beg of you.  My eyes and my screen resolution thank you.

SAR I

Archived