All Coaching Rumors here please..

NYJ37/12

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there is no news, Bowltite deserves another year because we have seen so much improvement and have such a bright future ahead of us under his leadership! In fact, I think both he and Mac deserve 10 year extensions with no termination clauses! BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday, last Saturday, Indy, KC, SEA, let me see, which else, PIT and being the joke of the league. Can't wait for 10 more years of this!

Prince Amukamara: Tom Coughlin to Jags “would complete the story”

JACKSONVILLE, FL - NOVEMBER 30: Head coaches Gus Bradley of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants shake hands after the game at EverBank Field on November 30, 2014 in Jacksonville, Florida.  (Photo by Rob Foldy/Getty Images)Getty Images

Original Jaguars coach Tom Coughlin is interviewing with the team this week, and he has at least one player in the current locker room ready to vouch for him.

Via Hays Carlyon of the Florida Times-Union, Jags cornerback Prince Amukamara (who played five seasons for Coughlin with the Giants) said he thought it would be a great call.

“It would be a great fit, wherever he goes,” Amukamara said. “I think it’s sexier here, because his family and Jay Fund foundation is down here. He’s coached here. He’s available and this job is available.

It would complete the story.”

He also thinks it would make the team better, regardless of the storyline quality. After all, it’s not just the first eight seasons he coached the Jaguars, but the two Super Bowls he won with the Giants that gives him immediate credibility.

“I think guys would respond well to coach Coughlin, wherever he goes,” Amukamara said. “Not only because of his track record with the two Super Bowls, but mainly because he gets the best out of his players and he fights for his players. You’re getting a guy that loves his players, loves his team and will treat you like men. It’s all about winning with him.”

Of course, Amukamara might not be there to greet him if he does get the job, as the former first-round pick signed a one-year deal with the Jaguars last offseason.

Via Hays Carlyon of the Florida Times-Union, Jags cornerback Prince Amukamara (who played five seasons for Coughlin with the Giants) said he thought it would be a great call.

“It would be a great fit, wherever he goes,” Amukamara said. “I think it’s sexier here, because his family and Jay Fund foundation is down here. He’s coached here. He’s available and this job is available.

“It would complete the story.”

He also thinks it would make the team better, regardless of the storyline quality. After all, it’s not just the first eight seasons he coached the Jaguars, but the two Super Bowls he won with the Giants that gives him immediate credibility.

“I think guys would respond well to coach Coughlin, wherever he goes,” Amukamara said. “Not only because of his track record with the two Super Bowls, but mainly because he gets the best out of his players and he fights for his players. You’re getting a guy that loves his players, loves his team and will treat you like men. It’s all about winning with him.”

Of course, Amukamara might not be there to greet him if he does get the job, as the former first-round pick signed a one-year deal with the Jaguars last offseason.

I can't stand Todd Bowles & this coaching staff but we have to keep him as cannon fodder in 2017. The Jets are such a mess right now that no coach (no good proven coach) will want this job. It's amazing to me that we went from having 12 draft picks in 2014 to this. 

The only way I wouldn't keep Bowles is if the Redskins screw up the Cousins signing & we stole him. Obviously a dream scenario but if it happened I'd fire Bowles & go with Kyle Shanahan in a NY minute. Then my alarm clock would wake me up to the realization that our QBs are Petty & Hack.

If there was something positive in Bowles to point to I would say he would be likely to return but I am not actually seeing that. I would say after the beat down Saturday it is probably 50/50 on Bowles being canned, especially with Woody skipping the game. Keep in mind though that Woody is a politician so it may come down to who between Macc and Bowles is more willing to throw the other guy under the bus, like Tannenloser did with Mangini. We need a completely different organizational philosophy, but even if Bowles is fired Woody might just hire another flavor of the year DC

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Mr rumors and no facts back again with the same boring opinions we have all heard from him hundreds of times every week

Besides ridiculing my posts and calling me names what else do you do on this message board?  

i post my opinions.

Please go away. 

On 26 December 2016 at 3:38 PM, ASH1962 said:

Yeah, there is no news, Bowltite deserves another year because we have seen so much improvement and have such a bright future ahead of us under his leadership! In fact, I think both he and Mac deserve 10 year extensions with no termination clauses! BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday, last Saturday, Indy, KC, SEA, let me see, which else, PIT and being the joke of the league. Can't wait for 10 more years of this!

The good news is you will be able to buy all eight home games on stub hub for $20.

On 12/26/2016 at 0:14 PM, joewilly12 said:

The fact that Woody Johnson has basically gone into hiding tells me he's getting ready for Black Monday and there will be major changes here. 

We could be looking for a GM and a head coach. 

I don't think this is the right move but you may be correct.  Last time Woody stopped going to the games, house cleaning followed.

Archived