All Coaching Rumors here please..

NYJ37/12

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerfish said:

The Jets will be dead, dead last on any coaches list if he has options.  We will not be getting any of these good experienced ocs.

I don't know about that. The two things going for the Jets (other than the market of course) is: anyone competent should be able to exceed expectations of the offense for next year (as it is a joke now) and if Bowles is gone next year and Mac stays (which is a strong possibility) they may have a crack at the HC job (and a top #3 pick if things go really sideways).

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets will be dead, dead last on any coaches list if he has options.  We will not be getting any of these good experienced ocs.

Would he really go to Jets given that we have no QB? I guess it's attractive as opportunity to replace fired HC midseason

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

4 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I don't know about that. The two things going for the Jets (other than the market of course) is: anyone competent should be able to exceed expectations of the offense for next year (as it is a joke now) and if Bowles is gone next year and Mac stays (which is a strong possibility) they may have a crack at the HC job (and a top #3 pick if things go really sideways).

Right. See it's all how you look at it, or more accurately it's all how these coaches look at it... No 2 people think exatcly alike... As many OCs that are dying to take over in NE (if it opens) there are likely some who like the idea of improving a team and raising their stock that way. It's really all about how people view or spin it. 

I think about it in real life terms... There are plenty of people I know who are just masters with technology and computers... A couple went to work for Apple and Microsoft because they were established, succseful places and they looked good on a resume... But another person I know is thinking of jumping on board with a startup company instead... Because he believes if he helps launch something and propel something to exceed expectations, he'll look better or at the very least as good as someone who walks into an already strong position...

To him it's a better opportunity even if it's not the safest one. 

31 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well with the Rams from 2011-2015, he helped develop Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson at CB. 

That seems to be a common thread between Hurtt and Wilson. Ability to help develop young players

Hope this is an indication that we'll be going totally young in our back 8

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was the oc for the Raiders whom had a lot of success under him.  We can do worse, in any case I doubt very much if he will be the guy.

Who called the plays?  Pretty sure Gruden had a ton of input no matter what, and it was his playbook.

45 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If I were McCoy, I would go to Denver. Jets don't have a QB right now and the Bills may lose their QB

Have you met Denver's QB?  Peyton Manning retired, remember?

44 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

All I want to know about Callahan as an offensive play caller is this . When Jon Gruden took over as the HC of Tampa and played the Raiders in the SB, that joker didn't even bother to change the plays Gruden used as the Raiders HC and got blown out in the SB . The Bucs acted like they knew exactly what the Raiders were going to run and ran the routes for the receivers .

No thanks .

Change the plays?  He didn't even change the terminology.  TIm Brown and Jerry Rice maintained that Callahan sabotaged them in the super bowl. 

34 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Here's the most important question. Who is hiring the coaches we just got. I've read a lot of the previous posts, but none say whether it's Macc or dumbass (in my favorite Walter impression)... 

Bowles hires the coaches. Mcc said so last week

48 minutes ago, KRL said:

Remember the name Dennard Wilson, DB Coach for the . Played key role in development of CB's Trumaine Johnson & Janoris Jenkins. #$$$

You have to wonder what this means, exactly "key role".  It's not like these guys were UDFA's.  They were both highly regarded prospects.  Janoris Jenkins being an absolute freak who would have been a top 10 pick if he wasnt a little crazy. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

You have to wonder what this means, exactly "key role".  It's not like these guys were UDFA's.  They were both highly regarded prospects.  Janoris Jenkins being an absolute freak who would have been a top 10 pick if he wasnt a little crazy. 

they didn't bust did they..

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

How did our Sh*it for brains coaches develop Kyle Wilson and Milliner?

54 minutes ago, KRL said:

Remember the name Dennard Wilson, DB Coach for the . Played key role in development of CB's Trumaine Johnson & Janoris Jenkins. #$$$

BTW...Louis posted that in March.

Louis Riddick Verified account ‏@LRiddickESPN 9 Mar 2016

Remember the name Dennard Wilson, DB Coach for the #Rams. Played key role in development of CB's Trumaine Johnson & Janoris Jenkins. #$$$

2:03 PM - 9 Mar 2016

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

Right. See it's all how you look at it, or more accurately it's all how these coaches look at it... No 2 people think exatcly alike... As many OCs that are dying to take over in NE (if it opens) there are likely some who like the idea of improving a team and raising their stock that way. It's really all about how people view or spin it. 

I think about it in real life terms... There are plenty of people I know who are just masters with technology and computers... A couple went to work for Apple and Microsoft because they were established, succseful places and they looked good on a resume... But another person I know is thinking of jumping on board with a startup company instead... Because he believes if he helps launch something and propel something to exceed expectations, he'll look better or at the very least as good as someone who walks into an already strong position...

To him it's a better opportunity even if it's not the safest one. 

The young 1st time oc will jump on the start up company.

The 20 year experienced vet looking for immediate success will be the won't.

It's not even the fact that the Jets are not ready to contend now, it is that they have no QB at all now.  And the young development guys have huge questions.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dominoes… LBs coach Matt Burke becomes #Dolphins DC. Joe Woods likely becomes #Broncos DC. Mike McCoy a strong candidate for DEN OC.

If true... then HHOW THE **** IS WADE PHILIPS NOT OUR DC??? 

12 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I took it is he assisted with their development......others will take it he didn't do a damn thing. whatever

It was a question.  Like, what did he do?  Your posting all this stuff about him, I assumed you knew. 

Jeez. lol

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Why, this has nothing to do with these candidates and all to do with getting rid of Bowles either mid season or after . Agendas take on their own lives .

You call it agenda I'd call it something else but will refrain and be nice..good lawd this place is unbearable 

Archived