Mike Glennon

k-met57

are you people serious?

talk about high risk low reward. am i the only one who watched him crumble every time there was any pressure in the pocket in 2013/2014? you'd think after watching Geno and Sanchez this would be the primary factor in judging a QB around here.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/31/5042768/mike-glennon-vs-game-film-week

dont know what the answer is, but its not 15mil for Mike Glennon.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

are you people serious?

talk about high risk low reward. am i the only one who watched him crumble every time there was any pressure in the pocket in 2013/2014? you'd think after watching Geno and Sanchez this would be the primary factor in judging a QB around here.

in all fairness, he was playing for a bad team.  i'm not an all out glennon supporter because right now this team's problems are deeper than just who is qb but glennon should be considered.

Just now, rangerous said:

in all fairness, he was playing for a bad team.  i'm not an all out glennon supporter because right now this team's problems are deeper than just who is qb but glennon should be considered.

bad habits are bad habits at 27 years old...i don't see any way you set your franchise back by bringing him in.

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

So if he comes here what kind of team do you think he will be playing for then?

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Petty is playing for a worse team, and he's under contract already.

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

You put a good quarterback on these Jets and it's amazing how the whole team gets better in a hurry.

i want to agree because i saw what favre did during the short time he was healthy but i just can't see how any qb will be able to improve the secondary or keep from playing from behind or produce points while starting with bad field position all the time.  they need a guy who knows how to play the game.  imo fitz is a lot closer to what this team needs than either petty or hack but fitz also has some serious limitations that really hurt him and the team.

back in 98 parcells pulled vinny off the scrap heap.  he came to back up foley.  foley goes down and vinnie leads the team to the afc championship game. the jets need the next vinnie at this point if they want a decent season next year.  if they go with petty or hack, i can't see better than 8-8 at this point.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i want to agree because i saw what favre did during the short time he was healthy but i just can't see how any qb will be able to improve the secondary or keep from playing from behind or produce points while starting with bad field position all the time.  they need a guy who knows how to play the game.  imo fitz is a lot closer to what this team needs than either petty or hack but fitz also has some serious limitations that really hurt him and the team.

back in 98 parcells pulled vinny off the scrap heap.  he came to back up foley.  foley goes down and vinnie leads the team to the afc championship game. the jets need the next vinnie at this point if they want a decent season next year.  if they go with petty or hack, i can't see better than 8-8 at this point.

If we go 8-8 with Petty or Hack, that's a huge season and massive improvement. Might even point to one of them being the long term answer, IMO.

Glennon is a JAG that has no confidence placed in him by 2 regimes, and will be the next journeyman Fitz type player that for some reason will get chance after chance. Petty is better, his road is just a little more steep, and he needs a better staff to develop him. Woody needs to finally bring in a staff that is focused on developing a QB. 

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2013 Penn State Big Ten FR QB 12 231 392 58.9 2955 7.5 7.4 20 10 134.0
*2014 Penn State Big Ten SO QB 13 270 484 55.8 2977 6.2 5.3 12 15 109.4
*2015 Penn State Big Ten JR QB 13 192 359 53.5 2525 7.0 7.2 16 6 123.9
Career Penn State         693 1235 56.1 8457 6.8 6.5 48 31 121.4

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2009 North Carolina State ACC FR QB 7 24 39 61.5 248 6.4 4.6 1 2 113.2
*2010 North Carolina State ACC SO QB 3 9 13 69.2 78 6.0 6.0 0 0 119.6
*2011 North Carolina State ACC JR QB 13 283 453 62.5 3054 6.7 6.9 31 12 136.4
*2012 North Carolina State ACC SR QB 13 330 564 58.5 4031 7.1 6.9 31 17 130.7
Career North Carolina State         646 1069 60.4 7411 6.9 6.8 63 31 132.3

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well that's because that's the last time he played a meaningful snap. He was supplanted immediately by Jameis and there hasn't be a second of buyer's remorse. 

regardless, he played 13 games, threw for 2600 yds, 19 TDs and 9 INTs as a rookie.  that's good production.  we'd kill for that QB production right now.

I love how the guy who wrote the article just from one game/4th quarter performance concluded "Well, there's a reason why he fell to the 3rd round". I wonder what his article said after this game. 
[/url]  

Accurate downfield. How much would've Anderson and Enunwa appreciated that this past season?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Accurate downfield. How much would've Anderson and Enunwa appreciated that this past season

Wouldn't have mattered. He gets sacked about 3 times a game because he's immobile and stiff in the pocket. He wouldn't fair any better behind the patchwork offensive line the Jets employ. It'd be much like Petty the last few games. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wouldn't have mattered. He gets sacked about 3 times a game because he's immobile and stiff in the pocket. He wouldn't fair any better behind the patchwork offensive line the Jets employ. It'd be much like Petty the last few games. 

I feel like this point needs to be yelled from the roof tops more... It's not going to matter who the Jets do or don't bring in for QB if they don't make fixing this line the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority of the offseason. We can discuss QB options until we're blue in the face (or fingers i guess) but I don't care who you put back there right now, they'd look garbage with the line in front of them.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

HA, I cant wait to bump this thread a year from now. 

And then they will claim "no one" could have known that Gennon was this or that.........

Just like they have concerning Fitz' implosion...

Folks are dumping on Glennon when we haven't had his so called  "poor production" in any but one of the last 7 years and he accomplished this on a bad team!!!!

I stand behind wanting Glennon for this past season and think that we would have been better off if we had made that deal.

What a joke

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And then they will claim "no one" could have known that Gennon was this or that.........

Just like they have concerning Fitz' implosion...

Folks are dumping on Glennon when we haven't had his so called  "poor production" in any but one of the last 7 years and he accomplished this on a bad team!!!!

I stand behind wanting Glennon for this past season and think that we would have been better off if we had made that deal.

What a joke

I wanted Fitz over Geno, but said a trillion times that I'd prefer Glennon over either one.

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

are you people serious?

This article was from October 2013.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

are you people serious?

I think The Glennon love on this forum is hysterical and mind boggling.. with that said, you picked the wrong dude to be "are you people serious" about.. get your goggles and pack a lunch, cause the neg train is about to cometh upon you. RIP. Also, Glennon for VP. AmIRightGuys??

Archived