Mike Glennon

k-met57

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fair salary for Glennon is in the 8 -12 million dollar range, if he is a starter. He will be a fifth year player and no longer working under his rookie deal. The deal will most probably be closer to 12, since more than one team will be bidding. I'm very confident if the contract is in that range, it will much better spent than the contract we gave to Fitzsixpick

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't know that and his own ineptitude got him hurt. What has the staff or management done to make you think he's an option moving forward? What makes you think they want a terrible QB back coming off a major knee injury? You aren't answering these questions. 

What don't I "know"? And of course it's his fault that he got hurt. What else is new. With every other QB on the roster it's the surrounding cast that fails them, except when its Geno it's his fault. 

The Jets would want him back because he's a young veteran with upside, he knows the offense and the system and he already has chemistry with guys like Decker, Marshall, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake and Powell. ACL injuries aren't the death sentences that they used to be. Guys have come back from it and not miss a beat. You say that he's "terrible" but in his last 5-6 starts he played well. He's the prototypical QB that Chan likes to use to run his offense. 

Just now, August said:

What don't I "know"? And of course it's his fault that he got hurt. What else is new. With every other QB on the roster it's the surrounding cast that fails them, except when its Geno it's his fault. 

The Jets would want him back because he's a young veteran with upside, he knows the offense and the system and he already has chemistry with guys like Decker, Marshall, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake and Powell. ACL injuries aren't the death sentences that they used to be. Guys have come back from it and not miss a beat. You say that he's "terrible" but in his last 5-6 starts he played well. He's the prototypical QB that Chan likes to use to run his offense. 

Geno has upside now? This conversation is going nowhere. Wow. 

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If your argument has merit, it'll carry the day.  If it doesn't...

I'll pass. 

Edit: "The Jets would want him back because he's a young veteran with upside, he knows the offense and the system and he already has chemistry with guys like Decker, Marshall, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake and Powell. ACL injuries aren't the death sentences that they used to be. Guys have come back from it and not miss a beat. You say that he's "terrible" but in his last 5-6 starts he played well. He's the prototypical QB that Chan likes to use to run his offense."

8 minutes ago, August said:

Why doesn't he have upside? Because you say so? So he hasn't played well in his last few starts?

His last few starts when? 3 years ago? He looked average in his start before he got himself hurt and he looked terrible in the preseason. He's not a viable option and a locker room presence the Jets will be better off without. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

His last few starts when? 3 years ago? He looked average in his start before he got himself hurt and he looked terrible in the preseason. He's not a viable option and a locker room presence the Jets will be better off without. 

He played well in his last 4 starts in 2014 and he had a few good games prior to getting benched against the Bills (vs Raiders, vs Packers, vs Pats on TNF etc) and he played well last year at Oakland and looked okay against the Ravens before getting hurt. And Petty looked like a beast in those same preseason games how did Petty do in real games? Exactly. How is he a bad locker room presence? Based on what?

2 minutes ago, August said:

He played well in his last 4 starts in 2014 and he had a few good games prior to getting benched against the Bills (vs Raiders, vs Packers, vs Pats on TNF etc) and he played well last year at Oakland and looked okay against the Ravens before getting hurt. And Petty looked like a beast in those same preseason games how did Petty do in real games? Exactly. How is he a bad locker room presence? Based on what?

I'm not going to list Geno's bad behavior. You can look it up as it's been widely covered. You know. Like getting punched in the face. Also, you're right Geno has looked competent at times but the vast majority of his quarterbacking career has been terrible. He made the same mistakes against Oakland last year and his dumb play got him hurt this season. Move on. Let it go. 

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not going to list Geno's bad behavior. You can look it up as it's been widely covered. You know. Like getting punched in the face. Also, you're right Geno has looked competent at times but the vast majority of his quarterbacking career has been terrible. He made the same mistakes against Oakland last year and his dumb play got him hurt this season. Move on. Let it go. 

Where did you hear that he is a bad locker room presence? With how much the media hates him you would think they'd be quick to report it to just carry out an agenda. And he only had 3 bad games in 2014 (vs Chargers vs Bills vs Dolphins) His other games were average/below average with boneheaded plays and ill timed turnovers at bad moments, but I chalked that up to a young QB developing and since we were rebuilding it made sense to give him his experience and allow him to grow and develop. And again it's fault fault that he got hurt. By that logic was it Carr's fault that he got hurt this past weekend? 

Where did you hear that he is a bad locker room presence? With how much the media hates him you would think they'd be quick to report it to just carry out an agenda. And he only had 3 bad games in 2014 (vs Chargers vs Bills vs Dolphins) His other games were average/below average with boneheaded plays and ill timed turnovers at bad moments, but I chalked that up to a young QB developing and since we were rebuilding it made sense to give him his experience and allow him to grow and develop. And again it's fault fault that he got hurt. By that logic was it Carr's fault that he got hurt this past weekend? 

I heard it from IK. I'm done talking about this bust. He's gone. 

The Jets coaching staff is not equipped to jumpstart a young QB.  That is why they paid so much money to Fitz, and why they would not move on from him.

No QB who wants a future in the league (as opposed to a last contract) is coming to the Jets in their current state.

The Jets are not organizationally equipped right now to make a QB change.

So I think this thread and conversation is moot.  The Jets can go forward with the QBs they have (captive) under contract, and maybe they sign someone desperate like Geno, Hoyer or McCown.

The next step is to fix the organization, and then have a decent OL so that every QB who plays (other than Fitz, who is smart enough to get rid of the ball, is only to the other team) gets hurt.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I heard it from IK. I'm done talking about this bust. He's gone. 

The day Geno's contract expires is going to be one of the greatest feelings I've ever had as a Jets fan.  It's one of the very few positives that will come with this season in that it's Geno's last one as a Jet.

Once he (and Fitz) is gone, grab one in FA and one in the draft.

10 hours ago, August said:

I'll pass. 

Edit: "The Jets would want him back because he's a young veteran with upside, he knows the offense and the system and he already has chemistry with guys like Decker, Marshall, Enunwa, Anderson, Peake and Powell. ACL injuries aren't the death sentences that they used to be. Guys have come back from it and not miss a beat. You say that he's "terrible" but in his last 5-6 starts he played well. He's the prototypical QB that Chan likes to use to run his offense."

I would prepare myself for some pending disappointment if I were you.  Not a single word of what you presumably quoted from some article is true.  Well, one thing is....ACL injuries are not death sentences, that part is true.  The rest.....fantasy.

Let me ask you a question August:  Are you african american?  And if you are, does that play any role in your desire to have Geno back?  Personally I've noticed many of Geno's most staunch defenders (outside of this forum) have been african americans, and a few here at JN are as well.  So I was curious if race played a role in his support, as you see it.

22 hours ago, k-met57 said:

are you people serious?

talk about high risk low reward. am i the only one who watched him crumble every time there was any pressure in the pocket in 2013/2014? you'd think after watching Geno and Sanchez this would be the primary factor in judging a QB around here.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/31/5042768/mike-glennon-vs-game-film-week

dont know what the answer is, but its not 15mil for Mike Glennon.

I have said this many times. If the Bucs believed in Glennon they wouldn't have benched him for McCown and then draft Winston. Glennon = not good.

I wouldn't overpay for Glennon. But I think the Jets will try to sign a more established Qb. It's kind of the same principle with Woody like the Revis signing. He will pay any amount of money to deflect criticism from him. I think he didn't even show up for last Sunday's game. Which was unusual for him. As I recall the weekend his daughter died he still went to the game. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Petty seemed to have the same problem maybe its the QB coach............

It is the offensive line. Petty had about a tenth of a second to throw against NE. They were on him like stink on sh*te from the moment the ball was snapped. A high draft pick at OT will help solve the problem. In fact I wouldn't complain if the Jets spent two or more picks on the o-line. Look at Dak in Dallas. Has all day to throw and has a running game that makes play action work. I know nothing about the Jets QB coach, so I won't comment on that, but when you are seeing d-linemen in your face before you set your back foot, that is bad, bad, bad.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I would prepare myself for some pending disappointment if I were you.  Not a single word of what you presumably quoted from some article is true.  Well, one thing is....ACL injuries are not death sentences, that part is true.  The rest.....fantasy.

Let me ask you a question August:  Are you african american?  And if you are, does that play any role in your desire to have Geno back?  Personally I've noticed many of Geno's most staunch defenders (outside of this forum) have been african americans, and a few here at JN are as well.  So I was curious if race played a role in his support, as you see it.

I didn't quote that from an article. I wrote that and I copied it from another post I wrote. And what if I said most of the people that dislike him are Caucasian? 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I wouldn't overpay for Glennon. But I think the Jets will try to sign a more established Qb. It's kind of the same principle with Woody like the Revis signing. He will pay any amount of money to deflect criticism from him. I think he didn't even show up for last Sunday's game. Which was unusual for him. As I recall the weekend his daughter died he still went to the game. 

Johnson sited 'family issues' as why he didn't show in Foxborough. Probably didn't want to see the look of glee on Kraft's face every time the Pats scored and or creamed the Jets QB. Don't blame him for that, but it can't be good for Todd Bowles, whose team has so obviously packed it in that even Leo Williams said the team was 'going through the motions'.

Let's think logical for a second.

- Hack won't start the beginning of 2017.

- Neither will Petty.

- We won't draft another one high. 

- This leaves Romo, Cutler, Glennon, Tyrod, Kaepernick.

- it's anyone's guess who we grab at that point. My hope is for Tyrod.

I didn't quote that from an article. I wrote that and I copied it from another post I wrote. And what if I said most of the people that dislike him are Caucasian? 

I don't think it is a racial thing with not liking Geno. I don't like him because he's no good, not because he is black. He is also not a team leader and that much is evident from last season. For me race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

2 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Let's think logical for a second.

- Hack won't start the beginning of 2017.

- Neither will Petty.

- We won't draft another one high. 

- This leaves Romo, Cutler, Glennon, Tyrod, Kaepernick.

- it's anyone's guess who we grab at that point. My hope is for Tyrod.

I would take Tyrod or Cutler of that group. Tyrod didn't do much with a much better cast in Buffalo, though Watkins was hurt a lot he had Shady McCoy. Cutler is a classic pocket passer with a howitzer of an arm but his attitude has been described as cold and aloof, which is not great in the locker room. 

22 hours ago, k-met57 said:

are you people serious?

talk about high risk low reward. am i the only one who watched him crumble every time there was any pressure in the pocket in 2013/2014? you'd think after watching Geno and Sanchez this would be the primary factor in judging a QB around here.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/31/5042768/mike-glennon-vs-game-film-week

dont know what the answer is, but its not 15mil for Mike Glennon.

Ummm, we have a massive following for the league's worst QB in Fitz. Let that sink in first. 

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

I would take Tyrod or Cutler of that group. Tyrod didn't do much with a much better cast in Buffalo, though Watkins was hurt a lot he had Shady McCoy. Cutler is a classic pocket passer with a howitzer of an arm but his attitude has been described as cold and aloof, which is not great in the locker room. 

Cutler hasn't been good in quite some time, is well over 30, and isn't good for a rebuilding culture. 

I can see Cutler in Buffalo or Jacksonville next season.

Archived