Mike Glennon

k-met57

3 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I don't think it is a racial thing with not liking Geno. I don't like him because he's no good, not because he is black. He is also not a team leader and that much is evident from last season. For me race has absolutely nothing to do with it.

So I'm making up what I've actually heard and read then? Again there are some that dislike him based on race. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Ummm, we have a massive following for the league's worst QB in Fitz. Let that sink in first. 

That is completely in your head, find me one poster calling for him to be retained? One? On the contrary, there are posters calling for Geno to be retained. Let that sink in, because as bad as Fitz is, and that is bad, he only got the chance to suck because Geno sucks so much more.

1 hour ago, August said:

And what if I said most of the people that dislike him are Caucasian? 

I would think you were consciously deflecting from a sensitive question you found uncomfortable and didn't want to answer.  

But If you said it, I would agree: most people who are critical of Geno Smith are Caucasian, absolutely.  The reason is because most Jets Fans (as a percentage of the population) are Caucasian.

However, I would not agree if you followed up with "they dislike him because he is black".  In my experience, and in my own view, I do not prefer Geno Smith purely based on what I've seen of him on (and off) the field.  His race or ethnic origin is utterly irrelevant to me.  

But since I don't fear being honest, I'd be happy to admit that if the Jets had a QB named Angus MacArgyle, the "Scottish Haggis Flinger", damn right I'd be biased towards him in some way because he was Scottish and I am Scottish.  I would likely support him a bit more than I otherwise would.  Although that would only go so far, and not cover complete failure with ongoing fantasies of greatness and redemption.  

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Ummm, we have a massive following for the league's worst QB in Fitz. Let that sink in first. 

No, we don't.  

No one here as far as I know supports Fitz coming back and starting.  And the vast majority (myself included) do not support Fitz's return at all, in any form.

Every Fitz supporter I'm aware of here knows Fitz failed badly.  We may still feel he was the better choice over Geno (something Geno did not disprove when given the chance), but frankly thats an irrelevant argument about what color of poo smells worse at this point.

So please, save the hyperbole.  Fitz support here died a long time ago, rightfully so.  

Only Geno still has a small measure of string support here, who not only want him back, but want him back and starting.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I would think you were consciously deflecting from a sensitive question you found uncomfortable and didn't want to answer.  

But If you said it, I would agree: most people who are critical of Geno Smith are Caucasian, absolutely.  The reason is because most Jets Fans (as a percentage of the population) are Caucasian.

However, I would not agree if you followed up with "they dislike him because he is black".  In my experience, and in my own view, I do not prefer Geno Smith purely based on what I've seen of him on (and off) the field.  His race or ethnic origin is utterly irrelevant to me.  

But since I don't fear being honest, I'd be happy to admit that if the Jets had a QB named Angus MacArgyle, the "Scottish Haggis Flinger", damn right I'd be biased towards him in some way because he was Scottish and I am Scottish.  I would likely support him a bit more than I otherwise would.  Although that would only go so far, and not cover complete failure with ongoing fantasies of greatness and redemption.  

If you don't dislike him based on race then this obviously wouldn't apply to you. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No, we don't.  

No one here as far as I know supports Fitz coming back and starting.  And the vast majority (myself included) do not support Fitz's return at all, in any form.

Every Fitz supporter I'm aware of here knows Fitz failed badly.  We may still feel he was the better choice over Geno (something Geno did not disprove when given the chance), but frankly thats an irrelevant argument about what color of poo smells worse at this point.

So please, save the hyperbole.  Fitz support here died a long time ago, rightfully so.  

Only Geno still has a small measure of string support here, who not only want him back, but want him back and starting.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

That is completely in your head, find me one poster calling for him to be retained? One? On the contrary, there are posters calling for Geno to be retained. Let that sink in, because as bad as Fitz is, and that is bad, he only got the chance to suck because Geno sucks so much more.

You two ladies still seem butthurt Fitz sucked worst than Geno. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

You two ladies still seem butthurt Fitz sucked worst than Geno. 

I'm horribly disappointed as to how it worked out, yes.  My preferred QB sh*t the bed, and because of it (and many other equal factors, like our pathetic Defense) our team had a horrible year.

People who are NOT disappointed in how this year played out are, IMO, not really Jets Fans.

With that said, Fitz didn't suck worse than Geno because Geno both sucked and got hurt literally three plays in.  As has been said repeatedly, those backpatting themselves on being "right" about Geno/Fitz are living in a fantasy world.  Geno did nothing this year, and proved nothing.  And just like Fitz, he's gone.

The difference is Fitz's former supporters know Fitz failed and want him cut this offseason.  Geno's supporters still want Geno resigned and starting next year.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm horribly disappointed as to how it worked out, yes.  My preferred QB sh*t the bed, and because of it (and many other equal factors, like our pathetic Defense) our team had a horrible year.

People who are NOT disappointed in how this year played out are, IMO, not really Jets Fans.

With that said, Fitz didn't suck worse than Geno because Geno both sucked and got hurt literally three plays in.  As has been said repeatedly, those backpatting themselves on being "right" about Geno/Fitz are living in a fantasy world.  Geno did nothing this year, and proved nothing.  And just like Fitz, he's gone.

The difference is Fitz's former supporters know Fitz failed and want him cut this offseason.  Geno's supporters still want Geno resigned and starting next year.

I'm afraid you have no idea what 'perspective' or 'relevance' is in sports. 

And Fitz sucked way worse than Geno. 

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

I'm afraid you have no idea what 'perspective' or 'relevance' is in sports. 

And Fitz sucked way worse than Geno. 

He's been taking an "L" all season, he and the other Fitz supporters who suddenly want him cut. That's only because Fitz exposed himself so bad this season that he's been benched in favor of every qb on this team not named Hackenberg.

People like to "muddy the conversation" by taking shots at Geno in order to somehow not make their ridiculous support of Fitz  look as bad as it actually is.

And Fitz did in fact suck way worse than Geno. Geno held his position and became #1 and lost it due to injury...that's a fact. Fitz lost his starting job to the 2nd AND 3rd string QB's and honestly should lose it this Sunday to the 4th string qb. To turn and say that Geno had a worse season than that is indeed the "fantasy". Fitz fans need to get a grip on reality. Vote for Glennon this Off-season and make the Jets great again!

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He's been taking an "L" all season, he and the other Fitz supporters who suddenly want him cut. That's only because Fitz exposed himself so bad this season that he's been benched in favor of every qb on this team not named Hackenberg.

People like to "muddy the conversation" by taking shots at Geno in order to somehow not make their ridiculous support of Fitz  look as bad as it actually is.

And Fitz did in fact suck way worse than Geno. Geno held his position and became #1 and lost it due to injury...that's a fact. Fitz lost his starting job to the 2nd AND 3rd string QB's and honestly should lose it this Sunday to the 4th string qb. To turn and say that Geno had a worse season than that is indeed the "fantasy". Fitz fans need to get a grip on reality. Vote for Glennon this Off-season and make the Jets great again!

I am not sure that I feel strongly enough on which one sucked worse, but to add some thoughts:

1. Many thought the Sanchez beat out Geno; so Geno won his job via injury just like Fitz

2. Fitz, although being very inconsistent and being really bad against Buffalo, had a very good season last year better, IMO, than any season Geno has had (you can argue why, but still)

3. Although he shouldn't have gotten hit, one can say that Geno's attitude and lack of leadership clearly played into his broken jaw injury - he didn't deserve it and the other guy was a jerk, but it def. points out Geno's immaturity.

4. Geno finally got his shot again; unfortunately he got hurt - but some would say the injury (again not his fault) happened because after all of these years he still didn't learn to throw the ball away.

5. Yes, Geno wasn't benched for playing like crap, but was there even a real back-up QB they could have turned to? This was the problem with the Sanchez era as well, can't bench a guy when a 80 year old is your backup.

6. I am completely and utterly not sold on Glennon.

7. Fitz sucks...

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno's worse season (rookie): 3,046 yards, 21 ints, 18 TDs (including 6 rushing). 8-8 Record.
Fitz' 2016 season averaged over 16 games:  3,333 yards, 23 ints, and 13 tds. 2-10

Not even a question there. And Im comparing current Fitz with a rookie Geno.

But....they like to hang their hats on the $600.

24 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I am not sure that I feel strongly enough on which one sucked worse, but to add some thoughts:

1. Many thought the Sanchez beat out Geno; so Geno won his job via injury just like Fitz

2. Fitz, although being very inconsistent and being really bad against Buffalo, had a very good season last year better, IMO, than any season Geno has had (you can argue why, but still)

3. Although he shouldn't have gotten hit, one can say that Geno's attitude and lack of leadership clearly played into his broken jaw injury - he didn't deserve it and the other guy was a jerk, but it def. points out Geno's immaturity.

4. Geno finally got his shot again; unfortunately he got hurt - but some would say the injury (again not his fault) happened because after all of these years he still didn't learn to throw the ball away.

5. Yes, Geno wasn't benched for playing like crap, but was there even a real back-up QB they could have turned to? This was the problem with the Sanchez era as well, can't bench a guy when a 80 year old is your backup.

6. I am completely and utterly not sold on Glennon.

7. Fitz sucks...

1. Not really. Geno was being named the starter. Thats why Sanchez was playing with the backups in the 4th pre-season game. 

2. He had possibly THE easiest schedule a QB has faced in years, if not decades. Why has he sucked beyond belief this year? 

3. No it doesn't. Its $600. No one breaks a jaw for $600. IK didn't pay Geno. He simply paid for Geno's ticket to come out for a charity event. Out of all the things, it was a freaking charity event that caused IK to snap. 

4. This is pretty dumb. Obviously you never saw Brett Favre play the game. Not comparing the two, but if he's trying to make a play, I don't blame him. 

5. I thought Petty was lighting is up in pre-season. I guess all those Petty vs Geno talk went quiet. 

6. Agreed, although I wouldn't feel like the Texans though. Lesson learned hopefully.

7. I must add, Fitz sucks only when he doesn't have the easiest schedule on Earth. 

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Im guessing you being butthurt was right. 

And I'd guess your being so deeply and completely wrong for so long about Geno Smith require you to talk about anything but Geno or how you rooting against the Jets and rooting for our QB to get injured.

To each their own I suppose.  Keep the dream alive, Cleveland 2017!

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And I'd guess your being so deeply and completely wrong for so long about Geno Smith require you to talk about anything but Geno or how you rooting against the Jets and rooting for our QB to get injured.

To each their own I suppose.  Keep the dream alive, Cleveland 2017!

Did Geno Smith insult you in public or something?

8 hours ago, Mecca said:

Cutler hasn't been good in quite some time, is well over 30, and isn't good for a rebuilding culture. 

I can see Cutler in Buffalo or Jacksonville next season.

Pass on Cutler

Not only is a he a prima donna he's having surgery on his throwing shoulder.  Let the Rams go waste money on him

8 hours ago, Mecca said:

Let's think logical for a second.

- Hack won't start the beginning of 2017.

- Neither will Petty.

- We won't draft another one high. 

- This leaves Romo, Cutler, Glennon, Tyrod, Kaepernick.

- it's anyone's guess who we grab at that point. My hope is for Tyrod.

Knowing the history of this franchise we'll take a pass on Glennon and Taylor and go with Petty, Hack and a 3rd or 4th round pick scrub like JT Barrett or some crap and go 1-15 next season.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

1. Not really. Geno was being named the starter. Thats why Sanchez was playing with the backups in the 4th pre-season game. 

2. He had possibly THE easiest schedule a QB has faced in years, if not decades. Why has he sucked beyond belief this year? 

3. No it doesn't. Its $600. No one breaks a jaw for $600. IK didn't pay Geno. He simply paid for Geno's ticket to come out for a charity event. Out of all the things, it was a freaking charity event that caused IK to snap. 

4. This is pretty dumb. Obviously you never saw Brett Favre play the game. Not comparing the two, but if he's trying to make a play, I don't blame him. 

5. I thought Petty was lighting is up in pre-season. I guess all those Petty vs Geno talk went quiet. 

6. Agreed, although I wouldn't feel like the Texans though. Lesson learned hopefully.

7. I must add, Fitz sucks only when he doesn't have the easiest schedule on Earth. 

4 - saw him play; there is a difference between rolling out into the open and throwing downfield and running away/backwards and holding the ball too long and taking the sack

6 - okay

everything else - it isn't just a river in Egypt anymore...

there is no scenario where we should bring in Mike Glennon. for what? so we can win 6 games? we can probably do that with Geno. Is he the worst thing ever? no. he is a stop gap at best, and if the jets give him 15mil they will truly be clueless.

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

there is no scenario where we should bring in Mike Glennon. for what? so we can win 6 games? we can probably do that with Geno. Is he the worst thing ever? no. he is a stop gap at best, and if the jets give him 15mil they will truly be clueless.

Well hey if we start Petty next season we can go 1-15 and then get Lamar Jackson.  Alright!

Just now, drdetroit said:

My goal is Super Bowl.  Your goal is to watch scrubs Mac reached for in round 2 embarass themselves

not true at all i just like to think football people can make more educated football decisions then guys living in their parents basements. if we ever need an expert on that, i am sure you will be considered.

Archived