The Sheldon Richardson dilemma....

Beerfish

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Link?

http://nypost.com/2016/11/02/why-cowboys-refused-tempting-sheldon-richardson-trade/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-the-cowboys-balked-at-jets-high-trade-price-for-sheldon-richardson-170922963.html

Like I said. Macc effed up.  He should have taken a 3rd.  Now that POS is probably worth a 5th or 6th. Or one more puff and he isn't worth a kicker's tee...

Said it many, many times.  I would have even taken a 4th if that was the best offer.

Not sure he wants to be on this team. When asked in an interview after the game he wouldn't answer the question. If I'm another team I'd jump on him at a reasonable price. There is a problem between him and Brandon Marshall so one of them has to go. In my opinion keep Sheldon and get rid of Brandon. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Not sure he wants to be on this team. When asked in an interview after the game he wouldn't answer the question. If I'm another team I'd jump on him at a reasonable price. There is a problem between him and Brandon Marshall so one of them has to go. In my opinion keep Sheldon and get rid of Brandon. 

no, but both of them can go pound salt .  I think i remember Marshall saying sometime back that he usually wears out his welcome after 2 years . Time's up, and the Jets need to get Williams as far away from Richardson as possible .  Trade him to the Canadian league for a couple sled dogs .

We would get absolutely nothing in a trade.  No one would part with a draft pick for a player with a major risk for suspension, on a down year with a reputation for being a locker room cancer and not giving a sh*t.

We might get a 4-5th the following year if we rehabilitate him and he manages to seduce a sucker to pay him some money...

The best value we get is by simply hoping he plays well for us as a one year rental.  That is, unless you simply can't live with the locker room distraction, in which case you simply cut him.

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

no, but both of them can go pound salt .  I think i remember Marshall saying sometime back that he usually wears out his welcome after 2 years . Time's up, and the Jets need to get Williams as far away from Richardson as possible .  Trade him to the Canadian league for a couple sled dogs .

Funny last year he was the super hero of this site esp of the Fitz haters. He got credit for everything and Fitz nothing. It was like he threw the pass and caught it too. Now neither guy could get arrested here. When Brandon started screaming at teammates the way he did in Chicago it could mean a one way ticket out of town. Plus his on the field play sucked. 

You have to get rid of this guy.  

Like many before him, has a room full of talent but has a house-full of headaches.  Guy is a cancer.  You have to wonder how much of the problem he is in the locker-room.  Perhaps he is about 80 percent of the problem. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Sheldumb is a total POS.  Hope for a 4th, and take the best offer on the table, probably a 5th...

Addition by subtraction.  This guy has entirely the wrong attitude for a rebuild.  Take a hike, punk.

I want at least a 3rd. no doubt

Having watched Sheldon for years here at Mizzou, I have mixed feelings about him right now...

While some will call him a locker room cancer, I hesitate a bit....Sheldon is not a 'leader' type, never was.  But he's a damn good follower, and on a successful team where the environment is good, he'd be a valuable piece.  Think about Sheldon on the Pats for example...he'd be a force IMO, because he'd understand the rules of the environment...kinda like Legarrette Blount.

It's a crap shoot, but fix the environment and you would in all likelihood 'fix' Sheldon.

On 12/26/2016 at 2:19 PM, Beerfish said:

The Jets are in a very tough spot with this guy.  No one can deny he has talent and makes plays at times but overall he has been an underachiever like the rest of this team.

What do we do with him?  I can't stand his attitude and want him off the team unfortunately he continues to sewer his value with each passing week.  Our front office sees him as a an asset we need to get at least reasonable value for but we won't be getting that at this point in time.

Furthermore if we get rid of him for cheap we are going to look very bad doing so next year.  Next yer is play for a big contract so this guy, taking his Que from MoWilk will have a huge year on the field imo, he may be a dumb ass but I think he will behave for next year to get the big contract.  After that his character will show and he will become a dog.

If his value is as low as we think now the thinking would be hold on to him and at least get a comp pick when he signs elsewhere next year.  The problem is that in the meantime the guy and his cancerous attitude is in the locker room for another full year, possibly influencing the younger players on the team.

download.jpgBye Bye Sheldon ; you'll have plenty of time to find da ho's

8 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Having watched Sheldon for years here at Mizzou, I have mixed feelings about him right now...

While some will call him a locker room cancer, I hesitate a bit....Sheldon is not a 'leader' type, never was.  But he's a damn good follower, and on a successful team where the environment is good, he'd be a valuable piece.  Think about Sheldon on the Pats for example...he'd be a force IMO, because he'd understand the rules of the environment...kinda like Legarrette Blount.

It's a crap shoot, but fix the environment and you would in all likelihood 'fix' Sheldon.

Let's talk about this one...

im in the "get rid of this POS" camp right now. But, let's play devils advocate for a moment...

maybe Brandon Marshall was the one dividing the locker room?   Maybe HE was the POS? 

We know the lockerroom was devoid of leadership. Do we know who, among the players, was responsible?  

17 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Let's talk about this one...

im in the "get rid of this POS" camp right now. But, let's play devils advocate for a moment...

maybe Brandon Marshall was the one dividing the locker room?   Maybe HE was the POS? 

We know the lockerroom was devoid of leadership. Do we know who, among the players, was responsible?  

Bowles. He let the vets do whatever they want, which infected the younger players, which resulted in the divide. Marshall is a locker room cancer in the first degree and Bowles gave guys like him and Cromartie carte blanche to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

On 12/26/2016 at 2:19 PM, Beerfish said:

Furthermore if we get rid of him for cheap we are going to look very bad doing so next year.  Next yer is play for a big contract so this guy, taking his Que from MoWilk will have a huge year on the field imo, he may be a dumb ass but I think he will behave for next year to get the big contract.  After that his character will show and he will become a dog.

That's how I feel about Richardson. I too think he will play his a$$ off next season to get the big bucks. That is when the Jets should cut ties because it will be all downhill after that. Let him be someone else's problem after that. At least he would increase his trade value with a good season.

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

That's how I feel about Richardson. I too think he will play his a$$ off next season to get the big bucks. That is when the Jets should cut ties because it will be all downhill after that. Let him be someone else's problem after that. At least he would increase his trade value with a good season.

This regime played Richardson at OLB for a season because they're halfwits. If he gets to a team that knows how to handle dopes (Cowboys?) he's going to make Pro Bowls and everyone here will suffer. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This regime played Richardson at OLB for a season because they're halfwits. If he gets to a team that knows how to handle dopes (Cowboys?) he's going to make Pro Bowls and everyone here will suffer. 

Why would we  Suffer we will still have 2x Pro Caliber 3-4 DE's

tbh the biggest mistake we made was not signing Snacks over Mo .. cause the Sheldon would of still been in his normal position instead of playing him at olb .

the biggest problem with sheldon is all about money.  this season, sheldon will be making 8m.  this is his option year.  his cap hit will be the same.  next season he will be a ufa so the jets could franchise him if necessary.  but getting back to the money, wilk is making 17m and sheldon 8m and leo will be making 3m with a 1.5m roster bonus.  so the jets will have about 30m committed to just these three guys on the dline.  it's also tough to keep all three of these guys on the field at the same time since they essentially play the same position.  one has to go and sheldon is the odd man out.  here's to hoping they can send him to a team like new orleans or dallas.  or maybe they can trade him to arizona for collins and other consideration.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Why would we  Suffer we will still have 2x Pro Caliber 3-4 DE's

tbh the biggest mistake we made was not signing Snacks over Mo .. cause the Sheldon would of still been in his normal position instead of playing him at olb .

If you want to give Maccagnan the benefit of the doubt, you could say that Mo breaking his leg and Sheldon getting arrested painted him into a corner that was exacerbated by Leonard Williams falling into his lap. The fact that his coaching staff mishandled this personnel to the Nth degree is a separate problem. Iirc, no one was advocating for signing Snacks over Mo, though. 

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bowles. He let the vets do whatever they want, which infected the younger players, which resulted in the divide. Marshall is a locker room cancer in the first degree and Bowles gave guys like him and Cromartie carte blanche to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

I do not disagree. Bowles did not build a culture where this behavior would be unacceptable. But Bowles is staying, which is why I asked, "...who, among the players, is responsible?" 

I THINK I'm at the point where Sheldon, Marshall, Revis, and others could pack their sh*t and take a hike. I hate them all. They're showed me nothing but unprofessionalism.

But, like Geenwave81, suggested, maybe Sheldon isn't as responsible as everyone, including myself, wants him to be. It's possible, the leaders (for lack of a better word) in the locker room are the REAL cancers. Maybe the cancer is Marshall? 

Back to Bowles...this chump needs to own some of his sh*t, and demand a culture of professionalism. He can't, IMO, let the inmates run the asylum again.   Some teams, and some coaching staffs, know when  they have true leaders in the locker room and let them police themselves. These NYJ have not earned that trust and Bowles needs to recognize that fact. I don't have a lot of confidence that Bowles will change his stripes. Wish I did.

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

@RichCimini

"It appears that Brandon Marshall already has cleaned out his locker and is gone. Didn't talk after game, either. #Jets"

looks like Marshall already checked out .. dude is such a disappointment this season smh

Wouldn't be upset if he was an ex-Jet either. 

wouldn't  be upset at all. 

Clean house 

**** this team

**** em all

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Funny last year he was the super hero of this site esp of the Fitz haters. He got credit for everything and Fitz nothing. It was like he threw the pass and caught it too. Now neither guy could get arrested here. When Brandon started screaming at teammates the way he did in Chicago it could mean a one way ticket out of town. Plus his on the field play sucked. 

I'm throwing Fitz out with them . You can go Help Fitz pack since you appear to take every opportunity to mention him . Look, I have nothing against any of these players personally, but when you are always involved in every incident, that's a problem . This team and this regime can't afford these distractions .

Sheldon actually played well on the field this year. And he was asked to play out of position. It's actually more impressive than people realize. He didnt fill out the stat sheet but he played well. PFF confirms it.

We have to trade one of Sheldon or Wilk. Thats a tough decision. I think Sheldon has to go but it shouldn't be lost on us that we're giving up a really good player. I'm hoping Wilkerson was just never able to get going this year after recovering from a really severe injury in week 17 of 2015 and next year he'll be back to playing at a high level.

Leonard Williams, Sheldon Richardson, Bilal Powell, and James Carpenter are the only guys who graded out strong at their positions.

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

@RichCimini

"It appears that Brandon Marshall already has cleaned out his locker and is gone. Didn't talk after game, either. #Jets"

looks like Marshall already checked out .. dude is such a disappointment this season smh

Cimini was wrong. Marshall was there and talked for like 20 minutes. Dudes been playing hurt for the majority of the season. I'm on the fence if he's back but I can see the merits of both. 

Archived