Bryce Petty to IR

Sarge4Tide

32 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

When Phil Sims was getting murdered behind a similarly inept NY giants "OFFENSIVE" line for the first 4 years of his career, people also said that he was "fragile"  What he was. was a gutsy young quarterback who stayed in the pocket and made throws, much to his peril.  Later on in his career  when he had a legitimate line protecting him, he became a successful, dependable, effective  future Super Bowl M.V.P. Don't be too judgmental of  Petty's career to this point,  he has been gutted and thrown to the wolves, not his fault.

Interesting point.  I remember Simms breaking his thumb on the follow through of a pass.  I think he was out the prior season w/ injury and this was the first game of the season when this happened.  He obviously was a very strong gritty QB though.  I'm not very enthusiastic about Bryce right now regardless though.  Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Wahhhh wahhh wahhh. Geno smith had the worst WR corps I may have ever seen. He was rightly judged, so is Bryce. Bryce sucks, give him 20 seconds back there he still has zero idea what the D is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

All I was criticizing was the assessment that Petty was 'fragile', not defending his play.

But whatever, you got your opinion in...feel better?

12 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

All I was criticizing was the assessment that Petty was 'fragile', not defending his play.

But whatever, you got your opinion in...feel better?

Once a player has been determined to be a bust by the fan base, no positive statements about that player are allowed.  You may only ridicule and dog cuss that player lest you yourself become the target of the same vitriol as the player 

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Once a player has been determined to be a bust by the fan base, no positive statements about that player are allowed.  You may only ridicule and dog cuss that player lest you yourself become the target of the same vitriol as the player 

It's flat out ridiculous.  I think most want Hack to play this weekend only to have a player to pillory in the offseason....board fodder.  If he sucks in the game, we can spend all offseason ridiculing him, Macc, Gailey.

Petty may not be an NFL QB, but to label him fragile at this point, with what he's been subjected to is nonsense and all I was saying.

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, that sucks a big one. A torn labrum is exactly what I'm recovering from now. That surgery ain't no joke. Recovery is a bitch. I wish him well. At least we only have to see Fitz for one more game, but I'd rather see Powell at QB.

Baby Crusher tore his sophomore year. Missed entire Junior year. Not even 100% for senior year. About 18 months. He toreanterior and posterior horn  complete circumferential tear. 5 anchors in that badboy. Catastrophic injury. 

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

We should have signed Marcel Reece when we had the chance and used a fullback to help with blocking. And Reece is a guy with some offensive ability he's not just a blocking back. But he signed with the Seahawks in early Dec. 

Marcel Reece isn't a very good blocker, if he was he might still be with the Raiders.     

10 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Whenever Petty has been on the field, whether preseason or in this regular season, he's been behind a bunch of backups as his OL.

Criticize his play, I have my doubts about him too (but also see some promise).

But calling him fragile after some of the shots he's taken this year is off base IMO.

I don't criticize the bruised chest he got with the hit in Miami.  Quite frankly, any injury other than being dead was a bonus on that hit.  But tearing a labrum recovering a fumble?  The injuries in pre-season seemed a little soft (IMO) as well.

I am rooting for the kid.  He has some talent.  But he keeps getting injured, he won't be a QB in this league.  He has to stay healthy for 16 games, not 6.

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Marcel Reece isn't a very good blocker, if he was he might still be with the Raiders.     

Didn't know that. Thanks Raider. I only mentioned Reece because we brought him in for a try out during the season.  But we cut Bohanon who started for three years for us. And on offense when given a chance could run and catch a little. 

4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Honest question, you really think SOME jet fans would rather have a sh*tty white QB then a pretty good black Qb?

I'm not answering deflecting questions. There are some fans that dislike him based on race. That's fact. So are those people who dislike him based on race justified?

I'm not answering deflecting questions. There are some fans that dislike him based on race. That's fact. So are those people who dislike him based on race justified?

But YOU are the one who played the race card first

Here is a fact for you

Geno Smith is disliked because he stinks as an NFL QB period

I guarantee that if Russell Wilson or Tyrod Taylor or Jamius Winston were a Jet he would be loved by Jet fans

Guaranteed

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

ya. that's some proof there.lol. whats next? are you gonna tell me that the world is flat and show me a map as proof?

You asked for proof of people being racist towards Geno. I showed you the proof. But keep playing dumb. 

5 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Here is a fact for you

I guarantee that if Russell Wilson or Tyrod Taylor or Jamius Winston were a Jet he would be loved by Jet fans

Guaranteed

Are the people who dislike him based on race wrong? 

1 hour ago, August said:

27 minutes ago, August said:

You asked for proof of people being racist towards Geno. I showed you the proof. But keep playing dumb. 

lol. chimp out is such a great jets fan site. and I am playing dumb. get a grip

17 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Oh man, putting Hackenburg behind that duct tape line could be rough if they go in that direction

all NFL QB's get hit if they put Hack in we can look for how he adjusts to pressure and that's about it since the Idiot Jets decided not to do any work with him which they themselves admitted. This coaching staff is a hot mess and needs to be gutted completely.

43 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Here is a fact for you

Guaranteed

exactly !!  no room for racial discussions ... I don't care what color a QB is ...if he performs and acts like someone you want representing your organization than that is all. Of all the QB in the NFL at the moment If I had my choice it would be Russel Wilson and age does play a part in that decision since hes got about 4 years on Aaron Rodgers my other choice

1 hour ago, August said:

How the hell do you know the motivations for disliking any player?? 

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Baby Crusher tore his sophomore year. Missed entire Junior year. Not even 100% for senior year. About 18 months. He toreanterior and posterior horn  complete circumferential tear. 5 anchors in that badboy. Catastrophic injury. 

Ouch. Goddamn. And I thought mine was bad. Mine was only an anterior tear, torn about 60% of the labrum. That's just brutal. I wish Baby Crusher all the luck.

14 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

I have no idea.

There are people who hate the Pres because he is black

I can only speak for me and for most Jet fans who after 2 years of watching him suck as a starting QB determined that he sucks as a starting QB

So if what I'm saying doesn't apply to you then what's the problem?

Just now, August said:

Are some Jets fans who dislike him based on race wrong?

still waiting on that "proof". I know you consider that hard hitting sports website called chimpmania is proof enough, but its not. your liberal mindset will not allow you to see things how they truly are. all white racist fans can root freely for mo Wilkerson, revis, bilal, david harris, etc but not, gulp, the black qb. that's where the white jets fans draw the line.

Archived