Bryce Petty to IR

Sarge4Tide

Just now, ylekram said:

still waiting on that "proof". I know you consider that hard hitting sports website called chimpmania is proof enough, but its not. your liberal mindset will not allow you to see things how they truly are. all white racist fans can root freely for mo Wilkerson, revis, bilal, david harris, etc but not, gulp, the black qb. that's where the white jets fans draw the line.

Is it wrong for some Jets fans to dislike Geno based on race? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beerfish said:

I do not think Petty is soft or made of glass.  I also think he should be with the team next year battling for a spot, he has shown enough to me.  All of his injuries were do to epic fails by other parts of the team.

I definitely think he's earned the right to compete for the job next year. I've been a little disappointed in what I've seen from him when you consider that he's had a year and some change on the bench. But he's done some good things as well.

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ouch. Goddamn. And I thought mine was bad. Mine was only an anterior tear, torn about 60% of the labrum. That's just brutal. I wish Baby Crusher all the luck.

Its as good as it is gonna get. Not sure what kinda of issues he is having because he will not admit If it hurts. One of the reasons it was torn so bad. I hope you recover completely. Just remember to do the rehab afte pt ends as part of a daily routine. 

16 minutes ago, August said:

Is it wrong for some Jets fans to dislike Geno based on race? 

still waiting for this "proof" that you cannot produce that proves that your "facts" are indeed "facts". and before you go scraping the depths of hell on the internet, we both know who these "some fans" are that you are referring to and which site they type on

18 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Bryce Petty is not an NFL QB . That kid couldn't throw the football on last Sunday because it was wet . He makes Geno Smith look like a pro Bowl QB .  His Mini audition proves that the coaching staff have a clue and the vast majority of fans don't .

Geno should have started the season. Also, any team looking to keep their QB's healthy...don't sign Fitz.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets start Hack and he's injured on his first throw attempt. Fitz is bad luck for any team he's on. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Geno should have started the season. Also, any team looking to keep their QB's healthy...don't sign Fitz.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets start Hack and he's injured on his first throw attempt. Fitz is bad luck for any team he's on. 

villain, who's the man?

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

still waiting for this "proof" that you cannot produce that proves that your "facts" are indeed "facts". and before you go scraping the depths of hell on the internet, we both know who these "some fans" are that you are referring to and which site they type on

Stop quoting me 

Just now, ylekram said:

how you been? merry Christmas, by the way

I've been pretty good. I missed the last 3 jets games live so I've had a splendid December! ;)

I don't celebrate holidays but I do appreciate the gesture my friend. What's the word with you? I thought you would have been killing me with the "who's the man" this season but you'be taken it easy on me. 

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've been pretty good. I missed the last 3 jets games live so I've had a splendid December! ;)

I don't celebrate holidays but I do appreciate the gesture my friend. What's the word with you? I thought you would have been killing me with the "who's the man" this season but you'be taken it easy on me. 

its simple, really. personality goes along ways with me. plus, it was meant to be a fun bet, but there was nothing fun about this season

its funny that you mentioned that you missed the last 3 jet games. I havnt missed a jet game in 35 years, but I too, didn't watch the last 3 jet games. had no interest. come draft time I am sure I will be glued and as usual, getting nothing productive done.lol

42 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Yes it's wrong. 

Race may add to it but they dislike him because he isn't good ( opinion). If geno was good no FAN would dislike him because of his race. 

I think he's a horrible NFL QB right now, and I don't dislike him . I think Petty is worst and I don't dislike him  I didn't want Fitzpatrick back, and I don't dislike him.  Just because someone sucks at their job, doesn't make that person a bad person .

The problem is, we get so invested in this team that when it goes bad, we have a hard time separating football from personal . The fact that Geno has done some things personal doesn't help his cause, but which of us haven't done something stupid in a moment of stress and anger . 

Ethnicity will always be an issue in this world, until it isn't . When we start seeing each other as brothers and sisters, that's when things will change . 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

was thinking the same thing. Unless they release Fitz or put him on IR, Hack won't be safe

19 hours ago, BrickzNY said:

What I have seen is three QBs who all have turnover problems. However, only one has the ability to throw a deep ball and make plays with his feet. Petty is not good. I wanted the kid to pan out. I have a signed helmet by the guy, but he is not good. Dude has gotten injured in almost every game he has played and has had an interception in every game. I've seen what Petty gives us and it's nowhere near what Geno can give us.

The chest and shoulder injuries are freak injuries.  The Suh-Wake hit would have ended a lot of QBs seasons.  And as far as the shoulder injury, most QBs are rarely put in the position where they have to tackle a guy head on.

The real question is what is with these ridiculous injuries this year? We have something like 16 guys on IR, 12 of them were starters at one point or another. Our we just unlucky this year, or is there a problem with the way we are playing/prepping?

Also, doesn't it seem like more QBs are being injured this year? 3 QBs (if you include Petty) went down this week - two broke their legs. Whats with that?

3 hours ago, ylekram said:

its simple, really. personality goes along ways with me. plus, it was meant to be a fun bet, but there was nothing fun about this season

its funny that you mentioned that you missed the last 3 jet games. I havnt missed a jet game in 35 years, but I too, didn't watch the last 3 jet games. had no interest. come draft time I am sure I will be glued and as usual, getting nothing productive done.lol

Unfortunately I'm not as strong as you given that I missed the games due to holiday work schedule, so cheers to you having the courage to know when it's a lost cause lol. I'm back to my typical schedule now so I'll be home Sunday to watch Fitz be benched only to come in and throw multiple picks due to injury. :mellow:

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

was thinking the same thing. Unless they release Fitz or put him on IR, Hack won't be safe

Well, look on the bright side. We'll watch as Fitz will be benched in one season for every other qb on the roster...during a season that the jets held the unusual amount of 4 QB's on the 53. 

Pretty hilarious if you ask me. Lol

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, look on the bright side. We'll watch as Fitz will be benched in one season for every other qb on the roster...during a season that the jets held the unusual amount of 4 QB's on the 53. 

Yeah, you have to think they will play Hack at some point. But what do you do if Fitz is wining the game and then you bench him and the Jets loose? The league will likely punish the Jets for loosing intentionally to get a higher pick.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Yeah, you have to think they will play Hack at some point. But what do you do if Fitz is wining the game and then you bench him and the Jets loose? The league will likely punish the Jets for loosing intentionally to get a higher pick.

My hopes were thwarted given that I just read that Hack won't be starting.

4th qtr turnovers here we come! Lol Fitz's is the worst jets qb I've ever seen

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes. Always hilarious when your favorite team loses and you enjoy it so you can be right on the internet! Huzzah!

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My hopes were thwarted given that I just read that Hack won't be starting.

4th qtr turnovers here we come! Lol Fitz's is the worst jets qb I've ever seen

You obviously haven't been watching Jets football very long. I can name at least 10 QBs that have been worse than Fitz. And yes. That list includes your guy Geno. 

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Its as good as it is gonna get. Not sure what kinda of issues he is having because he will not admit If it hurts. One of the reasons it was torn so bad. I hope you recover completely. Just remember to do the rehab afte pt ends as part of a daily routine. 

Yeah, PT just started for me, so we haven't gotten far into a routine. It helps that they had me do 6 weeks of PT before my surgery, so that's gonna make it easier. I get the whole "not wanting to admit pain"; I was still working up to the day before my surgery, although it started to really suck at the end there.

Archived