Will the Bills release Tyrod Taylor?

Maxman

If they do, I would sign him in a second. He doesn't throw interceptions, he is young and you wide receiver is the one position we are good at. Get well soon Eric Decker.

I don't think they will release him but they basically have to commit to him long term this off-season if they don't.

Tyrod Taylor signed a five year, $90 million extension with the Buffalo Bills on August 13, 2016. Contract details come via a report by Mike Rodak of ESPN. Taylor’s initial guarantee consists of $37 million of which $9.5 million is guaranteed upon signing and another $27.5 million is guaranteed for injury only. In 2017 the Bills can exercise a $15.5 million option on Taylor. If the Bills decline the option and fail to release Taylor, Taylor’s 2017 salary wil escalate to a fully guaranteed $27.5 million. If the Bills pick up the option an additional $27.5 million in fully guaranteed salary can be earned in 2017 and 2018. Taylor can also earn additional incentives for performance.

The dead money for the Bills if they release Taylor and decline the option is $2.85 million ad they will save $13.06 million in cap space. The numbers listed here represent a full option pickup.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they release him, which they might if Jets make them look terrible in the last game, we need to sign him the moment he becomes available. Give him the long term contract and build the franchise around him. 

Sweaten up the running game and the OLine and watch this man flourish. 

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they do, I would sign him in a second. He doesn't throw interceptions, he is young and you wide receiver is the one position we are good at. Get well soon Eric Decker.

I don't think they will release him but they basically have to commit to him long term this off-season if they don't.

He is my personal number one choice if available to sign. If the Bills cut him they're stupid. He's kept them competitive this season. But they might if they fire Rex and consider him Rex's guy. 

Good at WR? I dunno about that anymore. Marshall isn't even trying. Who knows how Decker will come back. Anderson and Enunwa look good, but are unproven. Smith and Jalin are question marks.

Not a bad core by any means, but definitely questionable.

19 minutes ago, August said:

He's the best QB they've had since Bledsoe why are they ready to move on from him? Is there something I'm missing?

They have to guarantee another 15 million of his contract I believe.

I think they will do it, but there was talk about him getting released if they clean house with Rex.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

is he a leader?  can he lead?  i'm not big on the athletic type qb's, you know the ones who can run like vick.  scrambling ability is good to have but not at the expense of the passing game.  tyrod does seem to be pretty accurate. 

I love that he doesn't turn the ball over.

The Jets have plenty of leaders already (kidding).

14 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Good at WR? I dunno about that anymore. Marshall isn't even trying. Who knows how Decker will come back. Anderson and Enunwa look good, but are unproven. Smith and Jalin are question marks.

Not a bad core by any means, but definitely questionable.

I think Marshall will be back. 1) Marshall 2) Decker 3) Enunwa 4) Anderson 5) and 6) ???? Devin Smith, Charon Peak, Jalin Marshall ....sure you can cut Marshall with no penalty. But 7.5 million for a guy who should be able to give you one more year? I would bring him back. He will have 800 + yards this year and well, this year is like um, not a good year lol.

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It would be really interesting to see what the bidding war for Tyrod would look like

I haven't done the offseason breakdown as far as what teams would be in the QB market. But it would only take a few. I would pay him if he is available though. We can't develop a QB on our own apparently.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I haven't done the offseason breakdown as far as what teams would be in the QB market. But it would only take a few. I would pay him if he is available though. We can't develop a QB on our own apparently.

Anything to get over the quarterback slump we are in. The Jets are never going to get better until we can focus on things other than the QB position.

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

is he a leader?  can he lead?  i'm not big on the athletic type qb's, you know the ones who can run like vick.  scrambling ability is good to have but not at the expense of the passing game.  tyrod does seem to be pretty accurate. 

That's not the case with Tyrod though 

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think Marshall will be back. 1) Marshall 2) Decker 3) Enunwa 4) Anderson 5) and 6) ???? Devin Smith, Charon Peak, Jalin Marshall ....sure you can cut Marshall with no penalty. But 7.5 million for a guy who should be able to give you one more year? I would bring him back. He will have 800 + yards this year and well, this year is like um, not a good year lol.

marshall is a horse. he's not afraid to challenge the db's.  the key is to keep him interested.  he does like the ball thrown to him.  but with his cap number maybe they need to extend him and reduce it. he's got at least three more seasons of effective play.

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

They have to guarantee another 15 million of his contract I believe.

I think they will do it, but there was talk about him getting released if they clean house with Rex.

That's the price for a decent starting quarterback. They'll be foolish to cut him without having a viable option to replace him. 

He is not that good, look I have never understood the entire " he does not turn it over" line as the only thing that matters. 

Would you rather have alex smith or Favre?  Smith won't turn it over much and Farve with turn it over a ton. Favre turned it over more then any QB ever.  

Give me a qb that can put up points and can win a game. If he turns it over sometimes I will take that as long as there are plenty of wins. 

Problem for the Bills is they fronloaded the Taylor contract to pay him like a $20M+ QB which he is not. That was the Bills fault with the way they structured the contract but not surprising as most of their contracts are incredibly player friendly and on the high end of the valuation scale. I think another issue they have with Taylor is that he is probably considered a Rex guy and many people around the NFL dont want to be locked into that kind of player anymore than they would Colin Kaepernick or RG3. Basically you pick up that option and you are locked into a very athletic, project QB who most weeks might struggle to throw for 200 yards and create a number of sack opportunities. Hes fine to take a chance on at the right price, but the Bills dont have him at that price right now.

Archived