Will the Bills release Tyrod Taylor?

Maxman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I would love for the Jets to sign Taylor.

The issue with the Bills keeping Tyrod Taylor is that they also have Stephon Gilmore, Zach Brown, Robert Woods and 21 other players entering free agency. If they pick up Taylor's option they will only have about 29 million to spend.

Btw, I would also love Brown and/or Gilmore on the Jets next year,

4 hours ago, jason423 said:

Problem for the Bills is they fronloaded the Taylor contract to pay him like a $20M+ QB which he is not. That was the Bills fault with the way they structured the contract but not surprising as most of their contracts are incredibly player friendly and on the high end of the valuation scale. I think another issue they have with Taylor is that he is probably considered a Rex guy and many people around the NFL dont want to be locked into that kind of player anymore than they would Colin Kaepernick or RG3. Basically you pick up that option and you are locked into a very athletic, project QB who most weeks might struggle to throw for 200 yards and create a number of sack opportunities. Hes fine to take a chance on at the right price, but the Bills dont have him at that price right now.

It seems like they either have to give him the 15 million guarantee or waive him, right? The cap # would be crazy otherwise.

What do you think he would get on the open market? Sorry to put you on the spot. :)

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Would happily take Tyrod on the Jets.

You're a pretty level headed guy here but your QB stance confuses me. You'd happily take Tyrod and you're in favor of Glennon. My simple question is why? Why do you want other teams mediocre to below average cast offs? Are they better than what the Jets currently have? Sure but the margin is not that great. They're guys that will make a few plays, make you want to tear your hair out but never get you to where you want to go. Neither guy is getting a team to the playoffs, forget the Super Bowl. Why not aspire for something better? I'm all for upgrading the QB position, but you don't band aid a gaping hole in someone's stomach. That's what those guys are. Bottom third of the league guys who look good only because the Jets QB situation looks so bleak. 

Any Jet fan that says they wouldn't take Tyrod hasn't watched the Jets since 2008. If you got Taylor you could still bring Hack along slowly, draft Fournet, trade Decker, Richardson, Pryor, for whatever picks you can get for them.

Once Richardsons gone, Marshall head will clear. Tyrod can throw bullets, Marshall would love more quick back shoulder throws.

12 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Good at WR? I dunno about that anymore. Marshall isn't even trying. Who knows how Decker will come back. Anderson and Enunwa look good, but are unproven. Smith and Jalin are question marks.

Not a bad core by any means, but definitely questionable.

Better than we have been, and something positive to look forward to seeing, in almost more than half a decade.

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're a pretty level headed guy here but your QB stance confuses me. You'd happily take Tyrod and you're in favor of Glennon. My simple question is why? Why do you want other teams mediocre to below average cast offs? Are they better than what the Jets currently have? Sure but the margin is not that great. They're guys that will make a few plays, make you want to tear your hair out but never get you to where you want to go. Neither guy is getting a team to the playoffs, forget the Super Bowl. Why not aspire for something better? I'm all for upgrading the QB position, but you don't band aid a gaping hole in someone's stomach. That's what those guys are. Bottom third of the league guys who look good only because the Jets QB situation looks so bleak. 

Hmmm....Is it POSSIBLE we agree :)

What am I missing about this kid?  So many people like Tyrod Taylor.  Its not like he has no receivers in Buffalo.  I just don't see what everyone loves. 

I would just like to jump into another QB thread to say, once again, it doesn't matter who our QB is if we don't fix the OL. 

Anyone we bring in is going to be horrid because they'll have less than a second to throw the ball. 

I'm all for these discussions and options and ideas, but as we talk about what a guy could do with this team, lets just not forget no one is going to do much of anything if they don't fix the line.

Tyrod Taylor has a whopping 46-16 TD-INT ratio in the last two years with over 1,000 rushing yards on the ground, and 32 rushing first downs.

The Bills have scored the THIRD most offensive TD's in the NFL. 

Tyrod has done all of this by throwing to Robert Woods, Greg Salas, and Charles Clay this year.

I genuinly pray they're dumb enough to let Tyrod go.

34 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I would just like to jump into another QB thread to say, once again, it doesn't matter who our QB is if we don't fix the OL. 

Anyone we bring in is going to be horrid because they'll have less than a second to throw the ball. 

I'm all for these discussions and options and ideas, but as we talk about what a guy could do with this team, lets just not forget no one is going to do much of anything if they don't fix the line.

Our only weakness on the line is LT.

our guard play is sold.

Johnson has outplayed Mangold this year. 

Shell has been impressive since taking over for Giocomini. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Hmmm....Is it POSSIBLE we agree :)

What am I missing about this kid?  So many people like Tyrod Taylor.  Its not like he has no receivers in Buffalo.  I just don't see what everyone loves. 

Um Watkins was out essentially all year. They have the worst receiving corps in NFL without him.

He's essentially a much more mobile Alex Smith and can do everything Dak is doing in Dallas.

Just now, Mecca said:

Our only weakness on the line is LT.

our guard play is sold.

Johnson has outplayed Mangold this year. 

Shell has been impressive since taking over for Giocomini. 

I mean you might be right... Obviously LT is the most important to try and find.

Football Outsiders is a spot I like, although I know some people don't trust it... The Jets are 20th in adjusted pass protection. That's not going to get it done. Need to get that into the top 10 or at least the top 15...

I think the biggest thing for me is that they've looked a little disheveled. They're not moving in step, guys are moving the wrong way, the balls being snapped too early, etc... Maybe that's just because they haven't played together as much.

The depth kind of hurts too though. An injury or two and the Jets are laid pretty bare, especially if Mangold is gone next year. 

I think Shell can be alright but I'd still want someone behind him just in case... 

1 minute ago, DMan77 said:

I mean you might be right... Obviously LT is the most important to try and find.

Football Outsiders is a spot I like, although I know some people don't trust it... The Jets are 20th in adjusted pass protection. That's not going to get it done. Need to get that into the top 10 or at least the top 15...

I think the biggest thing for me is that they've looked a little disheveled. They're not moving in step, guys are moving the wrong way, the balls being snapped too early, etc... Maybe that's just because they haven't played together as much.

The depth kind of hurts too though. An injury or two and the Jets are laid pretty bare, especially if Mangold is gone next year. 

I think Shell can be alright but I'd still want someone behind him just in case... 

I think Ijinla can be a good 6th OL and back him up. 

Clady was pretty brutal this year as was the RT position until Shell got a chance a few weeks back. 

Just now, Mecca said:

46-16 TD-INT ratio says other wise.

No, not really. He has had a phenomenal line and running game in that time, and an incredibly easy schedule. He does not take any chances at all, which is why he throws no picks, and also why he makes so few plays. He throws a decent deep ball and is athletic, he does not beat good teams, because he does not make plays.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

No, not really. He has had a phenomenal line and running game in that time, and an incredibly easy schedule. He does not take any chances at all, which is why he throws no picks, and also why he makes so few plays. He throws a decent deep ball and is athletic, he does not beat good teams, because he does not make plays.

But wouldn't you take those positives right now? The positive points you laid there would be a big improvement for the Jets.

Maybe it would just depend on what they paid him for you? 

Playing QB match maker.

- Bills, Romo, draft Watson

- 9ers - Trubinsky, Foles

- Bears - retain Hoyer, Kizer

- Jaguars - Cutler, retain Bortles

- Rams - Kaep to back up Goff

- Browns - Glennon

- Jets - Tyrod

I honestly see this playing out. I wouldn't be surprised if I aced this.

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

But wouldn't you take those positives right now? The positive points you laid there would be a big improvement for the Jets.

Maybe it would just depend on what they paid him for you? 

No, I want a real QB, guys like him put you in mediocrity hell, they are not bad enough to suck and start over, and not good enough to win big. 

14 hours ago, BrickzNY said:

If they release him, which they might if Jets make them look terrible in the last game, we need to sign him the moment he becomes available. Give him the long term contract and build the franchise around him. 

Sweaten up the running game and the OLine and watch this man flourish. 

How are they going to make him look terrible with THAT secondary? Buffalo may let big mouth Rex go, but no way they simply dump their starting QB unless they trade or sign a veteran FA. A good HC will make Tyrod look a whole lot better and will make Buffalo a playoff contender. The problem in Buffalo is NOT Tyrod Taylor but Rex Ryan who will coach his last game at Met Life on Sunday.

No, I want a real QB, guys like him put you in mediocrity hell, they are not bad enough to suck and start over, and not good enough to win big. 

Who are you thinking about for this offseason? Do you have a guy at this point based on who might be available? 

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Um, the Bills played essentially the same schedule as the Jets, cupcake where?

Tyrod has one of the best deep balls in the NFL.

I called Tyrod a more atheltic Alex Smith because he's risk adverse, which I'd be more than happy with at QB. 

His WR corps is bottom of the barrel, yet he anchored a top 3 scoring offense in the NFL. The Thomas Jones/2009 Jets had a bottom half offense with an elite line, run game.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

If they do, I would sign him in a second. He doesn't throw interceptions, he is young and you wide receiver is the one position we are good at. Get well soon Eric Decker.

I don't think they will release him but they basically have to commit to him long term this off-season if they don't.

Tyrod Taylor with our receivers would be a force to be reckon with

He's had a good season throwing to absolute scrubs

Just now, DMan77 said:

Who are you thinking about for this offseason? Do you have a guy at this point based on who might be available? 

Glennon, at just about whatever it costs. I'd rebuild the line through the draft and FA, and sign Glennon. 

Either that, or a complete and utter tank job in 17.

If Glennon isn't the guy, hope Hack is ready by halfway through next year.

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Playing QB match maker.

- Bills, Romo, draft Watson

- 9ers - Trubinsky, Foles

- Bears - retain Hoyer, Kizer

- Jaguars - Cutler, retain Bortles

- Rams - Kaep to back up Goff

- Browns - Glennon

- Jets - Tyrod

I honestly see this playing out. I wouldn't be surprised if I aced this.

I doubt you got any of it right. Romo will not be in Buffalo next year. Maybe Chicago, but I doubt he leaves Dallas at all. 

14 hours ago, August said:

He's the best QB they've had since Bledsoe why are they ready to move on from him? Is there something I'm missing?

Cardale Jones looked good in preseason and has been looking good in practice.  Has higher upside than Taylor and way cheaper

2 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Um, the Bills played essentially the same schedule as the Jets, cupcake where?

Tyrod has one of the best deep balls in the NFL.

I called Tyrod a more atheltic Alex Smith because he's risk adverse, which I'd be more than happy with at QB. 

His WR corps is bottom of the barrel, yet he anchored a top 3 scoring offense in the NFL. The Thomas Jones/2009 Jets had a bottom half offense with an elite line, run game.

He has feasted on bottom barrel teams, and done nothing against good teams, look it up. Watkins has been there for about half his games, and is a very talented receiver. Teams key in on McCoy, nobody game plans for Tyrod. Take away that running game and they are a 1-15 type team with him as their QB.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

I doubt you got any of it right. Romo will not be in Buffalo next year. Maybe Chicago, but I doubt he leaves Dallas at all. 

Romo is not going to be a backup next year. He has too much pride and his contract is too large.

Chicago is terrible and years away. He's going to go to a team on the bubble. 

I said Buffalo because they've been 9-7 to 8-8 3 straight seasons and will be looking to go all in next year with a new HC as well.

Glennon, at just about whatever it costs. I'd rebuild the line through the draft and FA, and sign Glennon. 

Either that, or a complete and utter tank job in 17.

If Glennon isn't the guy, hope Hack is ready by halfway through next year.

Cool... I ear you about just treading water as a middling team with an average-ish QB... But if Glennon is gone and Tyrod is willing to take a 1-2 year deal, the Jets should do it. I think he'd be average enough to keep the Jets in games, assuming they fix the OL.

It's going to be all about the cost...

It's impossible to make this argument right now, but it'll basically be a "choose one" situation... Do you take Glennon, and very few fixes to the overall roster because you have no money, or do you take Tyrod for cheaper and improve a couple other areas of the team with the saved money? Which makes you better? There's no real way to know. QB is the most important position in sports, but you also need a team built around them...

If you told me the Jets could have Tyrod and two OL pieces, I'd do that instead of just getting Glennon and not improving the line or the secondary, you know? But it's all relative. Who knows. I'll probably change my mind 100 times on this.

He has feasted on bottom barrel teams, and done nothing against good teams, look it up. Watkins has been there for about half his games, and is a very talented receiver. Teams key in on McCoy, nobody game plans for Tyrod. Take away that running game and they are a 1-15 type team with him as their QB.

This post is so bad I don't know where to begin. 

- Watkins has essentially been a decoy most of the games he's played in, even admitting he's not 100%.

- Tyrod played fantastic in the 16-0 shutout to New England. One of only 2 games the Pats lost ALL year.

- Tyrod just had 390 total yards of offense with 3 passing TD's and 0 turnovers against the playoff Miami Dolphins. 

issa L

11 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Cardale Jones looked good in preseason and has been looking good in practice.  Has higher upside than Taylor and way cheaper

I get that but Taylor has proven himself in actual games. Cardale not so much. And it might not translate into real games. 

Archived