Will the Bills release Tyrod Taylor?

Maxman

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

I thought that was the reason that the owners wanted Tyrod out of the last game.  Something about if he gets injured his contract next year is guaranteed.  THat was the straw that broke the camels back with REx being let go since he was going to play Tyrod.  SOmething ANthony Lynn made known was a management decision and not his decision for the last game.

The bills are probably cutting Taylor.

The only thing that would have made his contract guaranteed was him getting injured hence the benching

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

really? i dont want romo here either but at least he seems like a good guy unlike vick who is an utter scum

Yeah, really.  I could care less about Romo being a good guy.  He's old, a choker "par excellence", and injury prone.  Bringing Romo as our new QB would be beyond dumb.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, really.  I could care less about Romo being a good guy.  He's old, a choker "par excellence", and injury prone.  Bringing Romo as our new QB would be beyond dumb.

This 100%

Thank you Mother Teresa was a kind gentle soul but I wouldn't want her as the QB of the New York Jets!!!

IMO if Romo ends up here it will show that Woody (and I like Woody) directed that move because no "football" person would make that move. 

Even jaded Jets fans are not for bringing Romo here.

Romo coming here would be nothing like the Farve move, where Farve had plenty of tread left on the tires and wasn't coming off season ending injuries before he got here.  

Stick to the plan......

If we can sign Tyrod to a 2 year deal or a 3 year deal where he can be cut after 2 with a low cap hit, I'd be all for it.

Let Petty and Hack compete and continue to develop during that time. If we don't see much from either then we should drafting high the next couple of years and draft us a first round prospect. 

Pretty sure TT is done in Buff.

Bills put out a 2016 hghlight /  promo video this week and it did not contain a single look of Tyrod. 

It featured highlights from both offense and defense but zero plays by TT.

If I were him I would want out just based on being benched for EJ who stinks.

Maybe they dont like him because he was Rex's guy??

On 12/29/2016 at 11:58 AM, Mecca said:

Tyrod is essentially a younger, much more athletic, better deep ball, Alex Smith.

idk about you, but I'd take that as my QB 24-7-365

1) I don't think that is true

2) I don't want either of them, I want to win a SB, and neither is ever going to win a SB

Just now, NoBowles said:

1) I don't think that is true

2) I don't want either of them, I want to win a SB, and neither is ever going to win a SB

What are other better options based on availability.  

Tyrod Taylor is a gamer you are in every game with him and he's dangerous with his arm and legs. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

What are other better options based on availability.  

Tyrod Taylor is a gamer you are in every game with him and he's dangerous with his arm and legs. 

Tyrod Taylor has had the benefit of a fantastic Oline and a great RB. He does not see wide open WR's all the time, or he is too afraid to throw to them becasue he does not trust what he sees or reads. So instead, he checks down like a mofo. He will lead you to 7-9 to 9-7 every year. We need to aim higher than that. I'd take a chance on Glennon any day of the week over Taylor.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Tyrod Taylor has had the benefit of a fantastic Oline and a great RB. He does not see wide open WR's all the time, or he is too afraid to throw to them becasue he does not trust what he sees or reads. So instead, he checks down like a mofo. He will lead you to 7-9 to 9-7 every year. We need to aim higher than that. I'd take a chance on Glennon any day of the week over Taylor.

No way Glennon is behind Winston for a reason. Acquiring Taylor through free agency allows us to address other needs in the draft we need a viable decent QB here things will change if and when that happens.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No way Glennon is behind Winston for a reason. Acquiring Taylor through free agency allows us to address other needs in the draft we need a viable decent QB here things will change if and when that happens.

Are you suggesting Tyrod Taylor would be a head of Winston??

Both are equally talented players. 

Lets be honest, how many talented QB's ever become available in free agency? The only one I ever recall was Brees and there was a very questionable shoulder injury at the time, and the Chargers already had his replacement. As a rule, if a QB is very talented, they don't become Free Agents. So expecting Taylor to be anything more than mediocre if you can get him as a FA flies in the face of logic IMO. Not to mention having watched him, he is a very good athlete who lines up behind the center, he is not a QB.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

Lets be honest, how many talented QB's ever become available in free agency? The only one I ever recall was Brees and there was a very questionable shoulder injury at the time, and the Chargers already had his replacement. As a rule, if a QB is very talented, they don't become Free Agents. So expecting Taylor to be anything more than mediocre if you can get him as a FA flies in the face of logic IMO. Not to mention having watched him, he is a very good athlete who lines up behind the center, he is not a QB.

Yet Mike Glennon is?  Id take Tyrod Taylor all day every day over Glennon. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Yet Mike Glennon is?  Id take Tyrod Taylor all day every day over Glennon. 

I never said Mike Glennon was. I think he has more ability to become a QB than Taylor does, that is it. I don't think its highly likely that either is going to be a franchise QB.

With all due respect to your QB'ing prowess, you were screaming for Kaepernick and Geno Smith as the franchise QB of the Jets.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I never said Mike Glennon was. I think he has more ability to become a QB than Taylor does, that is it. I don't think its highly likely that either is going to be a franchise QB.

With all due respect to your QB'ing prowess, you were screaming for Kaepernick and Geno Smith as the franchise QB of the Jets.

Yes and I still believe both would have been more successful here than Ryan Fitzpatrick has been. 

Yes and I still believe both would have been more successful here than Ryan Fitzpatrick has been. 

Well, if Geno was more successful, Fitzpatrick never would have played here, so there's that. And I think you need a higher barometer for success than being better than Fitzpatrick a career backup. I want a guy who can win a SB, not finish 8-8 by not making mistakes.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Well, if Geno was more successful, Fitzpatrick never would have played here, so there's that. And I think you need a higher barometer for success than being better than Fitzpatrick a career backup. I want a guy who can win a SB, not finish 8-8 by not making mistakes.

If you remember correctly Fitz was brought in to backup Smith who was then assaulted in the locker room due to injury and the hot hand Fitz had in the 2015 season Fitz remained the starter. 

I too want a guy who can with the SB and when I asked you who thought that guy was you mentioned Glennon. No thanks 

Tyrod Taylor has a higher ceiling than Glennon and certainly better than Fitzpatrick who has been with 6 teams in 12 years and has never made the playoffs. 

No more has beens or retreads. Taylor is a rising star in this league. 

33 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

It's hilarious how much you bash Tyrod and were a staunch defender of Fitz earlier this season. Maybe you should avoid sharing your opinion so much on QB's...

Point me to a post where I "bash" Tyrod. Oh. Right. You can't. I'll post as much as I like on whatever I feel. Maybe you need better reading comprehension skills. 

46 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I think the Broncos were pretty happy with their decision to sign Peyton Manning as a free agent QB.

The Cardinals don't regret signing Kurt Warner. Going back a bit the Raiders seemed happy they signed Jim Plunkett.

As a rule, if a QB is very talented they don't become available in the 6th round of the NFL draft. The Patriots are pretty happy that rule is more of a loose guideline.

Taylor has been a starter for two years. He was stuck behind a pretty good QB before he got to Buffalo. He has upside and I am hoping they release him and he gets signed here.

36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If you remember correctly Fitz was brought in to backup Smith who was then assaulted in the locker room due to injury and the hot hand Fitz had in the 2015 season Fitz remained the starter. 

I too want a guy who can with the SB and when I asked you who thought that guy was you mentioned Glennon. No thanks 

Tyrod Taylor has a higher ceiling than Glennon and certainly better than Fitzpatrick who has been with 6 teams in 12 years and has never made the playoffs. 

No more has beens or retreads. Taylor is a rising star in this league. 

JoeWilly12, you are one of a kind. I bow to you, you are absolutely spot on and I now want to see us go after the rising star in this league, Tyrod Taylor. Thanks for the perspective, as always.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think the Broncos were pretty happy with their decision to sign Peyton Manning as a free agent QB.

The Cardinals don't regret signing Kurt Warner. Going back a bit the Raiders seemed happy they signed Jim Plunkett.

As a rule, if a QB is very talented they don't become available in the 6th round of the NFL draft. The Cheaters are pretty happy that rule is more of a loose guideline.

Taylor has been a starter for two years. He was stuck behind a pretty good QB before he got to Buffalo. He has upside and I am hoping they release him and he gets signed here.

I think the very good QB's who become available as FA are very few and very far between. I am not saying its impossible. Sorry, but I have seen more than enough of Tyrod Taylor to see what he is. He is a very good athlete who lines up behind center. You need to be able to throw from the pocket and make plays to win consistently in the NFL. He is a gimmick QB, he is not a QB who is going to consistently win games for you. He is better than what we have, but if we are going to take a chance on a FA QB, I want a pocket passer, not a gimmick.

3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I think the very good QB's who become available as FA are very few and very far between. I am not saying its impossible. Sorry, but I have seen more than enough of Tyrod Taylor to see what he is. He is a very good athlete who lines up behind center. You need to be able to throw from the pocket and make plays to win consistently in the NFL. He is a gimmick QB, he is not a QB who is going to consistently win games for you. He is better than what we have, but if we are going to take a chance on a FA QB, I want a pocket passer, not a gimmick.

I am willing to settle for a QB that doesn't turn the ball over while we develop Hackenberg or Petty. Neither of them seem ready right now. So turning the team over to Petty isn't an option unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Any starting QB that doesn't average over 200 yards per game isn't going to get you anywhere in the NFL. This is a league slanted towards the passing game and he's just not that good of a passer in the intermediate routes to be overl effective in this league. He's a bottom tier passer. Period. 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I am willing to settle for a QB that doesn't turn the ball over while we develop Hackenberg or Petty. Neither of them seem ready right now. So turning the team over to Petty isn't an option unfortunately.

I certainly understand that perspective, I just don't share it.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Any starting QB that doesn't average over 200 yards per game isn't going to get you anywhere in the NFL. This is a league slanted towards the passing game and he's just not that good of a passer in the intermediate routes to be overl effective in this league. He's a bottom tier passer. Period. 

Completely agree. He occasionally hits a deep ball, but you need to be able to make all the passes. I want no part of him.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Glennon is behind Winston because Winston is the a great young qb.  It's not a knock on Glennon

I'd be happy with either Taylor or Glennon.

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Taylor has no WR's in Buffalo.  Watkins was on IR most of this season.

Archived