Rex Ryan fired

Matt39

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Looks like the list of people to blame for Rex's failures just grew. So whats it look like now?

Mark Sanchez

Brian Schottenheimer

Tony Sporano

Woody Johnson

Tim Tebow

Woody Johnson

Jets fans

Manish

Santonio Holmes

Tyrod Taylor

Greg Roman

Terry Pegula

Kim Pegula

Bills fans

Am I missing anyone?

Ummm idzik?

51 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

And Bowles won asst coach of the year for the Cards D how has the Jets D been?? 

It's been awful there's no disputing that. I try to be a patient man and not jump to conclusions but I don't really see much that Bowles brings to the table and we're currently playing below our talent level. I would not be upset if he is let go on Monday.

Well I'm sorry that being Head Coach didn't work out for Rex at the Jets and Buffalo.

He's a big character and he'd be a loyal friend to those who know him. He certainly loved this team when he was the coach.

But he seems best suited to looking after his area of the team and not being the man up front. So be it, many are called, few chosen.

Yep he's a buffoon but there's nothing nasty about Rex Ryan. Plenty in the world worse than him.

All the best sexy Rexy.

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

You aren't hiring someone this week anyway. And no quality HC option is going to sign this week knowing that more openings are coming next week anyway. So, I don't know if the extra 5 days are going to help you. Clearly they had their reasons, but not sure it was to get a jump on hiring...

I think @Snell41 hit it, a handful of posts above yours:

"My guess is they demanded he bench Tyrod, and knowing he was already out the door he refused to do so."

Until I hear of a better reason, this has got to be why they did this now. 

56 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Well I'm sorry that being Head Coach didn't work out for Rex at the Jets and Buffalo.

He's a big character and he'd be a loyal friend to those who know him. He certainly loved this team when he was the coach.

But he seems best suited to looking after his area of the team and not being the man up front. So be it, many are called, few chosen.

Yep he's a buffoon but there's nothing nasty about Rex Ryan. Plenty in the world worse than him.

All the best sexy Rexy.

Sounds to me like he needed thicker skin, Mr. Walrus.

It's all conjecture but I think Rex would have benefited by going back to being a DC under another coach. Given himself time to reflect and see another HC in action again before getting another chance as a HC. 

Jumping from the Jets to the Bills gave Rex zero time to reassess how he did things IMO.

18 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

It's all conjecture but I think Rex would have benefited by going back to being a DC under another coach. Given himself time to reflect and see another HC in action again before getting another chance as a HC. 

Jumping from the Jets to the Bills gave Rex zero time to reassess how he did things IMO.

Rex is going to broadcasting.  ESPN probably already has a contract waiting for him.

7 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Rex is going to broadcasting.  ESPN probably already has a contract waiting for him.

That won't last too long.  Unless the networks can somehow filter out all the ummmmmms, uhhhhhs, huhhhhhhs, duhhhhs, you knows, and 'stuff like that'.  

1 hour ago, The Walrus said:

All the best sexy Rexy.

He's a back-biting piece of trash.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Always interesting hearing Mangini's thoughts as it relates to the AFC East

I love the fact that Mangini stood up for Rex and implied that Rex shouldn't have been fired!!!

He said Rex should have been given more time!!

And in fact I do agree with him......

39 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Being an idiot was a much bigger obstacle.

Archived