"He's not an NFL Quarterback. It's just that simple"

Paradis

Jets second-round rookie Christian Hackenberg will not start Week 17.

You normally need to call in the National Guard to prevent quarterback-needy teams from contriving reasons to start early-round "prospects." The Jets, however, are closing their eyes and pretending Hackenberg doesn't exist. Not that it's surprising. Hackenberg was not a legitimate prospect at Penn State, and completely imploded in the preseason. He's not an NFL quarterback. It's that simple. The Jets might as well have donated the No. 51 overall pick to charity. Hackenberg won't be assured a roster spot in 2017.

It's a special kind of terrible when the media basically decides it's safe to be overtly negative and sarcastic. 

I want to know, why do you think Mac doesn't need to answer to this? It seems like people just keep making up excuses for why we spent a top 50 pick in the draft, on a guy who is so fcking damaged, he can't even get a sniff in a game vs EJ Manuel? 

Why doesn't he have to answer to that? 

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's a special kind of terrible when the media basically decides it's safe to be overtly negative and sarcastic. 

I want to know, why do you think Mac doesn't need to answer to this? It seems like people just keep making up excuses for why we spent a top 50 pick in the draft, on a guy who is so fcking damaged, he can't even get a sniff in a game vs EJ Manuel? 

probably because their plan from the beginning was to sit hack for the year.  not saying that is right, but that is what they said they planned on doing.

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Thats why he needs to be fires along with Bowels.

GM's shouldn't be fired by year two unless they do a bang up job like Idzik did. GM's draft picks need time to develop. The grand scheme of things are more important in a GM's job while a HC needs success or improvement..in our fan bases case..results more than anything but I don't think MM needs to be fired. Hack will get the opportunity to start next year. That was the decision from the get go.

rotoworld hates the Jets but they are actually right about this. Christian Hackenberg stole his paychecks this year and hasn't contributed to this team in any way 

people talk about firing Bowles? Nothing Bowles has done is as bad as Mac's 2nd round picks. 

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

GM's shouldn't be fired by year two unless they do a bang up job like Idzik did. GM's draft picks need time to develop. The grand scheme of things are more important in a GM's job while a HC needs success or improvement..in our fan bases case..results more than anything but I don't think MM needs to be fired. Hack will get the opportunity to start next year. That was the decision from the get go.

Rationale talk like this is likely to get you banned here. Watch it.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

rotoworld hates the Jets but they are actually right about this. Christian Hackenberg stole his paychecks this year and hasn't contributed to this team in any way 

people talk about firing Bowles? Nothing Bowles has done is as bad as Mac's 2nd round picks. 

Not sure how Hack stole his paycheck, he didn't have a choice on who drafted him, let alone when he was drafted; he also didn't control if he played - did he hold out for more money? If you have a bad day/week/year at work do you refuse to cash your paycheck?

Also, Mac has had 2 2nd round picks. Even if you are willing to call Smith a bust, you are using the assumption that Hack is a bust to justify calling Mac's 2nd round picks busts so therefore Hach is a bust. Also, even if both are a bust - I don't think you fire a GM after 2 years over 2 bad 2nd round picks.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Also, even if both are a bust - I don't think you fire a GM after 2 years over 2 bad 2nd round picks.

yeah well I don't think you fire a HC after one good season and one bad one but people seem to think it's the right move. 

Does it really matter if Hack plays in this game. If he did and played poorly the masses here would label him a bust and crucify everyone in Florham Park. If he played and did ok , the masses here would say big deal its a meaningless  game against a team who's starting their backup and just fired their HC.

I'd love to see Hack play simply because I cannot stand seeing Fitz take 1 more snap for this team , but either way a one game cameo would do nothing to answer if he could be our starter in 2017.

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Rationale talk like this is likely to get you banned here. Watch it.

Not sure how Hack stole his paycheck, he didn't have a choice on who drafted him, let alone when he was drafted; he also didn't control if he played - did he hold out for more money? If you have a bad day/week/year at work do you refuse to cash your paycheck?

Also, Mac has had 2 2nd round picks. Even if you are willing to call Smith a bust, you are using the assumption that Hack is a bust to justify calling Mac's 2nd round picks busts so therefore Hach is a bust. Also, even if both are a bust - I don't think you fire a GM after 2 years over 2 bad 2nd round picks.

You fire a GM for putting together the worst and most expensive secondary in football. 

Just now, bitonti said:

yeah well I don't think you fire a HC after one good season and one bad one but people seem to think it's the right move. 

Yeah; I don't know about the Bowles thing. I thought the Jets were going to be bad this year. And, I realize that there are some severe talent problems and he get hit with a lot of injuries. It really bothers me, however, that the team seems to have given up. I get that it must suck to be there, but you hope the team doesn't give up. They also seem to be making the same dumb mistakes.

I haven't been lobbying to fire Bowles and I am not convinced either way what they should do. But, I do see the point of you from both sides.

The dude hasn't taken a damn snap yet and we're killing him and the GM? What does Mac have to answer for? That they drafted a 'project'? He's admitted that 10,000 times and said he's not a day 1 starter...

Hack is going just the way they've told us he would be going. It's fine. You don't have to agree with it, but he never called Hack the second coming or something.

Look, I'd have much rather him take an OL with that 2nd pick and grab a QB later. But he took a shot here on a guy with a lot of measurables and some promising qualities that needed some throwing and foot mechanics work. I'm not upset with that right now. I'm fine with giving him time before I throw MM to the lions over this. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's the fashion in which we lost this year. The stubborness not to pull a QB that was clearly suffering. Blow out after blow out loss just to say "hey, we were in most of those games." Hey Todd, almost doesn't ******* cut it! The way he mumbled to the media about how his players showed effort. The lying through his teeth had me nauseated. Your team just got blown the **** out two weeks in a row by divisional opponents and you have the nerve to act like your players really tried!?!? It's not like we fought hard to get to 4-12 we mailed it in week after week while locker rooms problems spurted out of the ground over night. No accountability for these issues either. NONE. That's why  Bowles should be fired year two. It wasn't an average 4-12 season. The Jets played dead after the first Miami game.

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Then the Rams should answer for drafting Goff. The Packers should answer for drafting Aaron Rodgers and not playing him.

Just now, Matt39 said:

You fire a GM for putting together the worst and most expensive secondary in football. 

Nah; It is only money; he had to spend so much of it anyway, and we are going to free up much of the cap this offseason. He was smart enough to sign contracts that can go away after 2 years and you have to fill the field with the best you can find. He got Carpentar and that worked out. The rest is just money/cap under the bridge. He will likely have to sign a bunch of FAs this offseason as well until the draft picks start playing.

It is not like we have been turning away pro-bowlers because we didn't have the money to sign them. Every team signs FAs that don't work out. The problem is that the Jets have had (and still have) so many holes that you cannot fill them all with the draft. He will sign more 2 year deals this offseason, and hopefully with 2 years of good drafting we will have less holes to fill the following year.

3 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

The dude hasn't taken a damn snap yet and we're killing him and the GM? What does Mac have to answer for? That they drafted a 'project'? He's admitted that 10,000 times and said he's not a day 1 starter...

Hack is going just the way they've told us he would be going. It's fine. You don't have to agree with it, but he never called Hack the second coming or something.

Look, I'd have much rather him take an OL with that 2nd pick and grab a QB later. But he took a shot here on a guy with a lot of measurables and some promising qualities that needed some throwing and foot mechanics work. I'm not upset with that right now. I'm fine with giving him time before I throw MM to the lions over this. 

You just answered your own question, you don't draft projects with 2nd round picks.  You draft immediate starters or very soon to be starters.  You take gambles with your later round picks, not your 2nd rounder.

Just now, Beerfish said:

You just answered your own question, you don't draft projects with 2nd round picks.  You draft immediate starters or very soon to be starters.  You take gambles with your later round picks, not your 2nd rounder.

Not saying it wasn't a mistake. But it was a small one. Get over it everybody

Just now, Beerfish said:

seriously. as sh*tty as Hack has been he could have been a 7th round pick or undrafted. The Jets outbid themselves for a scrub no one else wanted. 

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I read that as well but did't post it b/c it's OBVIOUSLY an opinion. 

NO ONE CAN JUDGE HACK until the guy has played in the NFL. If the GM REALLY values his pick, he's NOT going to expose him to an OLine that leaves the QB susceptible to serious injury ala Geno and Petty. 

Mack has NOTHING to answer for the same way Ted Thompson told everyone to STFU when he picked and sat Rodgers for a few years. At this point, you either trust your FO or you don't. I can see valid arguments for both in regards to the Jets situation. I, personally, stand by Mac thus far. 

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Jets second-round rookie Christian Hackenberg will not start Week 17.

You normally need to call in the National Guard to prevent quarterback-needy teams from contriving reasons to start early-round "prospects." The Jets, however, are closing their eyes and pretending Hackenberg doesn't exist. Not that it's surprising. Hackenberg was not a legitimate prospect at Penn State, and completely imploded in the preseason. He's not an NFL quarterback. It's that simple. The Jets might as well have donated the No. 51 overall pick to charity. Hackenberg won't be assured a roster spot in 2017.

This small write up alone gives me goose bumps about our future QB Christian Hackenberg. Karma is telling me this writer will be eating these words in the not so distant future.

Jets QB picks are ALWAYS the next Namath right? Remember Browning Nagles debut? The press had him in Canton. Sanchez? The press helped him get a front page GQ gig. 

I haven't heard anything good about poor Hack. No ones believes he can play. Thank God! There are no expectations! Christian Hackenberg is destined to be the NY Jets savior because no one thinks it can happen. It's all falling into place beautifully.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Pull a QB for who though? every other qb on the roster was worse. We are also talking about an offense that lost Both tackles, Mangold and Decker to IR. 

Fitz has 13 interceptions before mid season. You pull him for the ******* water boy if you have to. None of those QB's(especially Geno) were THAT far behind Fitz talent wise lol cmon  ..you don't see the product being put out on the field and feel disgusted at what you are watching? How your team is in the red zone just to get picked off over and over again? 

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I read this earlier too. 

There is, and has been for a long time, at least one blurb writer for Rotoworld who always drenches his updates with anti-Jet bias.

This isn't "the media", this is some Jet hating fantasy football dork.

It's unprofessional, but whatever.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then the Rams should answer for drafting Goff. The Packers should answer for drafting Aaron Rodgers and not playing him.

The Packers drafted Rodgers to sit behind a Hall of Fame QB.  Last I checked the Jets don't have one of those.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I read this earlier too. 

There is, and has been for a long time, at least one blurb writer for Rotoworld who always drenches his updates with anti-Jet bias.

This isn't "the media", this is some Jet hating fantasy football dork.

It's unprofessional, but whatever.

Is it though? Is it really... 

I mean how do you spin in it any other way? Honestly. If you take the high road about Mac "always knowing this was a project", then he's guilty of being a fcking tool for drafting him in the top 50.

Either way you slice it, it was a GROSS error, and one i haven;t seen him answer for?... why does he have to answer for it - because he makes a ton of money that us fans invest in the team. I want him to speak to the pick and either -- what's the plan, or own up to it being a mistake, so i know he's learned a valuable lesson. No different than any other job.

Atonement. I want it. 

Archived