"He's not an NFL Quarterback. It's just that simple"

Paradis

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Soft? 

Did you watch him at Penn St.?  For a 6:5 235 lbs QB he was a sack machine. Held the ball way too long and never broke a tackle. He was also a turnover machine if you got any rush on him. Have you watched Penn St. this year?  You watch their QB this year? Tough kid who doesn't have Hackenberg size or arm but has grit. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What good is it to judge a guy after you know about him?  Hey Gholston was a terrible pick!

The jets front office judge him on  draft day, nothing wrong with the fan base making judgments on the pick.  And for the record the vast majoity of people that don;t like Hack are not so much against him as a player or the jets taking a chance on him.  they are aghast that we used a 2nd round pick on a long shot prospect who should have been a 6th rounder considering all the issues he has.

What good is it to judge a guy after you know about him????????  Lol,  how can anyone judge anything if they don't know anything about it?   And some people are going out of their way to bash him,  the player.   They've never seen him take a snap in the NFL,  yet they state (as fact) that he is the worst player in the league. 

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Growth in the following areas .

Knowing the play book

Knowing where to go with the football

learning your teammates likes and dislikes

learning how to deal with the media

Improving your strength and conditioning  .

I want to thank you and Cmart for your answers, I feel much  more assured now knowing that the most important things in developing a young Qb do not involve actually picking up a football and doing anything with it.  Young QB's are like fine wine or whisker perhaps, just draft them and let them age a few years,  Or maybe a steak, marinade it for a while and it gets much better,

Can you imagine just how good Dak Prescott would be if he actually knew his playbook?

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Never liked Hackenberg and would never have drafted him in the 2nd. This is a big guy who played soft in college. Could you imagine him in the NFL. Than he threw his head coach under the bus.

Wackenberg is the one guy like 99% of NFL scouts all agree consensus is hot garbage.

You know things are bad when Todd Bowles has to hide you.

On 12/27/2016 at 2:16 PM, Paradis said:

I want to know, why do you think Mac doesn't need to answer to this? It seems like people just keep making up excuses for why we spent a top 50 pick in the draft, on a guy who is so fcking damaged, he can't even get a sniff in a game vs EJ Manuel? 

Why doesn't he have to answer to that? 

Mac will answer for it eventually, but how about first letting him get to next season and showing what he has then. If he is a bust Mac will certainly have to answer for why he chose Hackenberg and passed on Dak Prescott. But let's let the proof be in the pudding so to speak. I know this has been a frustrating season for all of us, one of the worst I have experienced and I have been a Jets fan since they have been the Jets. I don't usually like to succumb to emotion, so let Hack either be what Mac thinks he can be or send them both packing.

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I want to thank you and Cmart for your answers, I feel much  more assured now knowing that the most important things in developing a young Qb do not involve actually picking up a football and doing anything with it.  Young QB's are like fine wine or whisker perhaps, just draft them and let them age a few years,  Or maybe a steak, marinade it for a while and it gets much better,

Can you imagine just how good Dak Prescott would be if he actually knew his playbook?

You're welcome. My apologies if you don't get it. Feel free to brag if Hack doesn't work out and the Jets continue to search for a QB and thus tread water in the standings  

Funny you don't mention how Hack admitted he's made some minor mechanical adjustments and will work on any additional during the offseason. 

29 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Wackenberg is the one guy like 99% of NFL scouts all agree consensus is hot garbage.

You know things are bad when Todd Bowles has to hide you.

Did he steal your milk money? 

Read the article. Texans gave him a high grade. Philly & Buffalo also were high on him. 

But of course you know how all 32 NFL teams felt about him. 

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Did you watch him at Penn St.?  For a 6:5 235 lbs QB he was a sack machine. Held the ball way too long and never broke a tackle. He was also a turnover machine if you got any rush on him. Have you watched Penn St. this year?  You watch their QB this year? Tough kid who doesn't have Hackenberg size or arm but has grit. 

And yet he got up and lined up for the next play. Yeah that's soft. 

On 12/27/2016 at 2:16 PM, Paradis said:

It's a special kind of terrible when the media basically decides it's safe to be overtly negative and sarcastic. 

I want to know, why do you think Mac doesn't need to answer to this? It seems like people just keep making up excuses for why we spent a top 50 pick in the draft, on a guy who is so fcking damaged, he can't even get a sniff in a game vs EJ Manuel? 

Why doesn't he have to answer to that? 

There's a guy in my office who is training to be a stockbroker who hasn't made a sale in 6 months who used to write for Rotoworld. I don't know if that adds any value to your post or not. 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

You're welcome. My apologies if you don't get it. Feel free to brag if Hack doesn't work out and the Jets continue to search for a QB and thus tread water in the standings  

Funny you don't mention how Hack admitted he's made some minor mechanical adjustments and will work on any additional during the offseason. 

Yeah and this whole series of posts had to do with  me saying he gained nothing at all THIS year and that THIS year was a wasted year.  If he has minor mechanical issues to work out then we should expect him to be pressing for the starters job next year or at the very least be penciled in as the back up from day one,  Correct?

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

There's a guy in my office who is training to be a stockbroker who hasn't made a sale in 6 months who used to write for Rotoworld. I don't know if that adds any value to your post or not. 

Don;t worry he shouldn't have to make a sale for another 6 months, all he needs is time.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah and this whole series of posts had to do with  me saying he gained nothing at all THIS year and that THIS year was a wasted year.  If he has minor mechanical issues to work out then we should expect him to be pressing for the starters job next year or at the very least be penciled in as the back up from day one,  Correct?

Jesus read what was reported he said. 

My guess is he's being elected into the Pro FB hall of fame via special ballot this week. 

I have to laugh at fans, Hackenberg hasn't taken one snap yet and some are calling him a bust. Idiocy! I don't know how good this kid is going to be and neither does any one else. However, MacCagnan felt confident enough to draft him in the 2nd round. Mac is tied to Hackenberg and I hope he gives this kid the best opportunity to succeed. In the upcoming draft we are going to have a top 6 pick, and my hope is a O-lineman or a playmaker is available.  I know this season sucks and it is the instinct of fans to change everything, but that is how you become the Cleveland Browns or the Buffalo Bills.

BTW, I'm glad that Hackenberg is not starting on Sunday as he would have minimal chance of success given the present circumstances.

49 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Hey if he's so good why can't he even dress for a game?  There are 7th round pick qb's dressing for games.

Weren't you the same guy clamoring the Jets season was over last season because they didn't sign Hakeem Nicks in FA. 

51 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Hey if he's so good why can't he even dress for a game?  There are 7th round pick qb's dressing for games.

Teams don't usually have more than 2 active QB's on game day. Hack will be active on Sunday since the jets are down to 2 healthy on the roster. And only a fool would want him to start a meaningless week 17 game after this year red shirting and getting zero reps. I know you want to whine now, but the plan is clearly to invest time into developing this player so we're all going to have to wait until TC

12 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I agree that he held on to the ball too long, but he did break tackles occasionally. On top of that, the kid was sacked over his last 2 years more than any other division one QB and he never missed a game until getting injured in his last game. How is that being soft?

On 12/27/2016 at 6:40 PM, drdetroit said:

What preseason were you watching?!?!?!?!?!?

Hackenberg looked horrible facing 3rd stringers.  No feet, totally inaccurate he can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throws, can't make reads but then again didn't even know any of the offense so who knows.  If it he didn't have Allen Robinson his freshman season I doubt he would have even been drafted by an NFL team let alone 2nd round pick.

You do realize that he had barely taken any practice reps throughout the summer, right? Were you expecting him to barely practice all summer and light it up in a game?

On 12/28/2016 at 7:16 AM, Mogglez said:

He knows jack sh*t. 

I hate throwing my personal relationships with certain people around because of the ramifications but I know people who have played with Hackenberg and are still friendly with him today.  I asked them wayyyyyyyy back about what type of kid we were getting and they ALL had nothing but great things to say about him.  A great kid who is a quiet but strong leader that was loved and respected by teammates, brilliant football mind, gym and film rat, totally committed to getting better were some of the things talked about.  I've proven before, on this very forum, that my connections aren't bullsh*t and people I know close to the team have said some pretty encouraging things about him that keep me optimistic.  That's not saying that that it's all rainbows and sunshine but he has shown some signs of development since the summer ended.  Mechanically and mentally.  That's as far as im going with that though.  Anyone saying that Hackenberg was hated at PSU is an idiot and is just making sh*t up.  Plain and simple.  

If Hack fails, fine. He wasn't the first and probably won't be the last. Not gonna let that type of stupid sh*t fly though, especially when I can say for a fact that it's all made up.  This place has been f*cking insufferable lately and that garbage isn't going to help.

Hackenberg was also selected team captain as a sophomore and a junior. That jives a lot more with your story than it does with the former's version. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

You do realize that he had barely taken any practice reps throughout the summer, right? Were you expecting him to barely practice all summer and light it up in a game?

Hackenberg stinks and has shown 0 progress in practices with reps

Cody Friggin Kessler, the Browns rookie backup, is better 

Archived