"He's not an NFL Quarterback. It's just that simple"

Paradis

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Hackenberg stinks and has shown 0 progress in practices with reps

Cody Friggin Kessler, the Browns rookie backup, is better 

Link? Didn't realize you were privy to Florham Park 24/7 the past 5 months.

What a clown. You make Rex look like a genius

11 hours ago, cant wait said:

Teams don't usually have more than 2 active QB's on game day. Hack will be active on Sunday since the jets are down to 2 healthy on the roster. And only a fool would want him to start a meaningless week 17 game after this year red shirting and getting zero reps. I know you want to whine now, but the plan is clearly to invest time into developing this player so we're all going to have to wait until TC

This is the bewildering part to me.  I do not see a plan at all.  All I see is sitting him aside for a year.  I see no plan for moving him up the qb chain as the year goes on, i see no increased reps as a result, i see no urgency to fix these mechanics issues.  The gm may have a plan but the coaches do not.  Just stuffing a guy aside at the end of a 4 qb line and doing nothing is not a plan in my books.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is the bewildering part to me.  I do not see a plan at all.  All I see is sitting him aside for a year.  I see no plan for moving him up the qb chain as the year goes on, i see no increased reps as a result, i see no urgency to fix these mechanics issues.  The gm may have a plan but the coaches do not.  Just stuffing a guy aside at the end of a 4 qb line and doing nothing is not a plan in my books.

This is the real problem isn't it . Nobody's telling you exactly what is going on with Hackenberg so you can critique  it and so you are pissed . The kid runs the scout team, so that means he's throwing passes and doing stuff QB related . Maybe you should get a job with the Jets where you have access, and then you can have 1st hand knowledge so you can be happy .

On 12/28/2016 at 6:16 AM, Mogglez said:

He knows jack sh*t. 

I hate throwing my personal relationships with certain people around because of the ramifications but I know people who have played with Hackenberg and are still friendly with him today.  I asked them wayyyyyyyy back about what type of kid we were getting and they ALL had nothing but great things to say about him.  A great kid who is a quiet but strong leader that was loved and respected by teammates, brilliant football mind, gym and film rat, totally committed to getting better were some of the things talked about.  I've proven before, on this very forum, that my connections aren't bullsh*t and people I know close to the team have said some pretty encouraging things about him that keep me optimistic.  That's not saying that that it's all rainbows and sunshine but he has shown some signs of development since the summer ended.  Mechanically and mentally.  That's as far as im going with that though.  Anyone saying that Hackenberg was hated at PSU is an idiot and is just making sh*t up.  Plain and simple.  

If Hack fails, fine. He wasn't the first and probably won't be the last. Not gonna let that type of stupid sh*t fly though, especially when I can say for a fact that it's all made up.  This place has been f*cking insufferable lately and that garbage isn't going to help.

I'm best friends with Hackenberg's dad, and he told me "my son is a trash QB and an even worse person." His words.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Go look at the tape!!!!! 

Look at all the tape - really break down every play - for his entire career, and only THEN get back to me! Until you do all that you're talking out of your aaaaaahhahahahaaha!

Do you ever think about how some of this stuff actually sounds off the internet? Like if you were watching a game in a bar, seeing this guy on the sidelines not even in pads, and some random dude starts telling you about how he spent hours watching YouTube videos of Christian Hackenberg and there's no way you know what you are talking about; would you think that was a sane person?

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Do you ever think about how some of this stuff actually sounds off the internet? Like if you were watching a game in a bar, seeing this guy on the sidelines not even in pads, and some random dude starts telling you about how he spent hours watching YouTube videos of Christian Hackenberg and there's no way you know what you are talking about; would you think that was a sane person?

Is this person also wearing Jets gear? 

On 12/27/2016 at 3:36 PM, 56mehl56 said:

I agree our QB situation is a mess , but I have no problem with a GM using a 2nd round draft pick on a QB that has  the measurables and an  NFL arm that Hack has.

Ryan Leaf had the measurables and an  NFL arm...so did Jeff George... and JaMarcus Russell, for that matter...Ryan Mallett, Matt Cassell, Matt Flynn, Blake Bortles the list goes on  

Truth is nearly all drafted QBs do... doesn't stop any of them from being busts. The NFL is like no other level of football they've played; the athleticism, size, strength and speed that separated them from the pack in college no longer provide that cushion...and they have to learn how to play QB for real. Some can; most struggle...and many never get to the place where the  game slows down enough for them to consistently make plays 

On 12/27/2016 at 5:35 PM, greenwave81 said:

Maybe, just maybe, what the Macc expected out of Hackenberg this 2016 season was NOTHING. 

No GM should be allowed to blow a top 50 pick on a guy he plans to get nothing out of in the immediate future -- to the extent that injuries be damned. No GM. If he's name was Jaylon Smith, different story. But his name is Hackenburg and he was mostly BRUTAL in college. 

So no Greenwave. That's not a good reason. 

On 12/28/2016 at 8:20 AM, PepPep said:

This is the dumbest thing I have read on here in a while.

"...what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

wtf?

Is that cheese coming out of your ears bro. Step off. 

You jackals have once again reduced this discussion to a diatribe about whether or not he's a write off. 

Off course he's not a write off yet. He's been on the team for 8 months and hasn't played a down. Don't be retards. 

That ^^ is independent of the decision to waste a top 50 pick on a player who is not even remotely close to seeing the field. That's not normal. That's not OK. He didn't not have the college RESUME for this treatment. Not even clooooose. This excuse making for taking this guy at pick #51 is ridiculous. That's GM incompetence, and I want to believe Macc's learned, but he hasn't said anything to suggest it. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

You jackals have once again reduced this discussion to a diatribe about whether or not he's a write off. 

Off course he's not a write off yet. He's been on the team for 8 months and hasn't played a down. Don't be retards. 

That ^^ is independent of the decision to waste a top 50 pick on a player who is not even remotely close to seeing the field. That's not normal. That's not OK. He didn't not have the college RESUME for this treatment. Not even clooooose. This excuse making for taking this guy at pick #51 is ridiculous. That's GM incompetence, and I want to believe Macc's learned, but he hasn't said anything to suggest it. 

Can you imagine if Mcc took Lynch at 20..Yikes. The internet would have blown up

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Can you imagine if Mcc took Lynch at 20..Yikes. The internet would have blown up

really, why? You the rotoworld bible thumper who said we shouldn't care what they said about Hack -- seem to be basing your remark on what they're saying about Lynch. Alanis Morrisette called. 

Just now, Paradis said:

fck off... I've sat back and read the last day and half -- including you're broken Lynch posts. I've got, what 3 posts in 17 pages? Gimme a break. 

really?  calling everyone "retards" - so not everyone shares your opinion - if you take a couple of deep breaths and do some meditation for a couple of minutes you might live longer.

Just now, Paradis said:

really, why? You the rotoworld bible thumper who said we shouldn't care what they said about Hack -- seem to be basing your remark on what they're saying about Lynch. Alanis Morrisette called. 

you really think Lynch was seeing the field this season?

Just now, peebag said:

really?  calling everyone "retards" - so not everyone shares your opinion - if you take a couple of deep breaths and do some meditation for a couple of minutes you might live longer.

Retards/morons/idiots... they're all dated medical terms. Insert fools if you want. But thanks for engaging in the topic, instead of wagging your finger at me every chance you get.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

you really think Lynch was seeing the field this season?

No i think John Elway has a clue what he doing. He drafted Siemen in the 7th (we drafted Petty in the 4th). Guess what - turns out Siemen looks OK... not a world beater, but OK. How's Petty look after a year? Sure as fck not as good as Siemen. 

Let's see what next year brings with Lynch vs Hackenburg... I think i know where vegas will sit on that one.

thanks for coming out. 

Just now, Paradis said:

No i think John Elway has a clue what he doing. He drafted Siemen in the 7th (we drafted Petty in the 4th). Guess what - turns out Siemen looks OK... not a world beater, but OK. How's Petty look after a year? Sure as fck not as good as Siemen. 

Let's see what next year brings with Lynch vs Hackenburg... I think i know where vegas will sit on that one.

thanks for coming out. 

That's IF Lynch beats out Semen.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

thanks for coming out. 

He also lucked his balls off by having someone be even dumber than he is to sign Osweiller. He offered him a ridiculous contract that if Houston wasnt even dumber, would look pretty bad right now.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

wtf?

Is that cheese coming out of your ears bro. Step off. 

Well, its a quote from 'Billy Madison' starring Adam Sandler and featuring the incomparable Steve Buscemi. Sorry if that went over your head. Did not mean to offend. 

I was also referring to the article or 'blurb' and not so much to what you said, although you seemed to agree.   

Bottom line, the Jets committed to a red shirt season for Hack. Period.

The fact that he is not dressing or playing should not be of any surprise to anyone. Maybe the Jets truly feel like he is not ready to take an NFL snap. But I highly doubt that. They are sticking to their plan and we, as fans, should not infer anything about his abilities until we actually see him play meaningful time. And we will. 

And you really can't even judge Macc for WHERE he selected Hack. It's just silly. Taking a potential Franchise QB late in the 2nd round is not a reach. Macc did his due diligence in the draft scouting multiple QBs. So let's not pretend like we know more about what Hack is capable of than Macc, who looked at tons of film, interviewed the kid, looked at how he throws, moves, etc., up close, spoke to coaches, and is actually a scout. 

You want to blame Macc or Jets coaching or brass for not playing him. Thats fine. But make it CLEAR that is what you are doing. Frankly, the idea of judging the GM or CS b/c they decided to sit a rookie QB for a full season is silly- regardless of where he was selected. This notion that a rookie player HAS to contribute immediately based off where he was selected is pretty silly to me as well- although I get that the draft is a lifeline for many teams and they do not have the luxury to wait for players to develop. But the fact is that players DO need time to develop. Particularly, I would say, QBs, CBs and LTs.   

So, just b/c Hack has not played a single down does not make him a waste of a 2nd round pick.  

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

He also lucked his balls off by having someone be even dumber than he is to sign Osweiller. He offered him a ridiculous contract that if Houston wasnt even dumber, would look pretty bad right now.

I think he knew enough not blow his wad on him. I didn't like what i saw at all, but 16 mill for 2 years guaranteed is about average for upside QBs with limited exposure. Not as bad as say paying a guy 12 million after sucking for 9/10 years. 

Just now, Paradis said:

I think he knew enough not blow his wad on him. I didn't like what i saw at all, but 16 mill for 2 years guaranteed is about average for upside QBs with limited exposure. Not as bad as say paying a guy 12 million after sucking for 9/10 years. 

Personally, I'd rather have a sh*tty QB locked up for one year rather than two, but that's just me. Osweiller sucks, sucked last year, and Elway lucked his ass off that he went somewhere else. Elway had Manning fall into his lap, other than that, he has not shown that being a great QB makes him able to identify great QB's.  

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So, just b/c Hack has not played a single down does not make him a waste of a 2nd round pick.  

Yes it does. Your reducing the situation and colouring it in your favor.

If your name is jaylon smith and you OWNED college ball, then yea. You can blow a top 50 pick on a guy who's getting redshirted. If you were a QB who sucked most of college and can't contribute even after 3 injuries.. you're not getting picked in the top 50... unless you get picked by the jets. 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

This is the real problem isn't it . Nobody's telling you exactly what is going on with Hackenberg so you can critique  it and so you are pissed . The kid runs the scout team, so that means he's throwing passes and doing stuff QB related . Maybe you should get a job with the Jets where you have access, and then you can have 1st hand knowledge so you can be happy .

lol yeah your prize 2nd round pick running the scout team, the coaches themselves said he gets zero real reps during the week,  The oc said that they are not making any adjustments to his mechanics at all this year.

Archived