"He's not an NFL Quarterback. It's just that simple"

Paradis

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Can someone catch me up? Which QB are we focusing our hate on now?

Actually, I think we are focusing our hate on the GM. He supposedly reached for a QB in the 2nd, told us he wasn't going to play this year. Now, in a heartbreaking turn of events, he isn't going to start the last game of the season behind the worse OL that I have seen in a long while.

To be fair, however, I think we Jets fans are just miserable as even though many thought we were not going to have a great year, I don't think many predicted us sucking this bad. Heck, even if you thought it was going to be this bad, this still really sucks...

15 minutes ago, Pcola said:

They are absolutely correct.  In the same draft where Dak, Kessler, Brisset played, we can't even put Hack in the most meaningless game of the year.

Thats a huge FAIL on our GM and entire scouting department.

This is more fire worthy than Bowles.  Unless Woody forced the pick.  Then Woody deserves everything he gets this year and next.

the word "can't" is what most people here seem to be missing - it's not "can't" it's won't.  they made a decision not to play him this year.  and they're sticking to that plan.  Why is that so hard understand?

I commend them for it.

41 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I honestly don't know if this is funny or depressing. 

Maybe both... let's go with both.

We have to go with either "funny" or "both".  If we can't at least laugh about being Jet fans then what else have we got?

31 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Based on your logic of a second round pick being able to contribute right away then the Denver pick of Lynch in the first round is a horrible pick as he has sat behind a so so 7th round pick from the year before.  I'm not trying to say that Hack will or won't be a good pick but I am willing to wait and see how it pans out.  Favre was a second round pick that didn't play and was then traded but turned out ok.  Once again not saying Hack is Favre or even close, just saying let's not falsely label him without giving him a chance.

Different team different situations. Denver was a team that just won it all and was looking for a future QB as Manning had retired. They took Lynch because he fell to them and they had other options at QB and felt like they could wait. A second round pick for a team with a gaping hole at many positions and one of the oldest and worst rosters in football should be fighting for a starting job day one. Hack can't even wear pads on Sundays. You can't honestly compare the two. 

38 minutes ago, C Mart said:

And you know this based on the other 31 NFL teams intentions?

This topic is nauseating.

All of this over a fantasy football blurb.  You couldn't make up this level of drama over something so stupid if you tried.

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

the word "can't" is what most people here seem to be missing - it's not "can't" it's won't.  they made a decision not to play him this year.  and they're sticking to that plan.  Why is that so hard understand?

I commend them for it.

We don't exactly have the brightest bulbs in this factory.

Don't you people ever get tired of Jumping to conclusions and being wrong . Lets examine some instances  before the start of this season .

Jets strike gold with Mac and Bowles

Jets should cut G Smith and promote Petty to 2nd string .

Qunicy Enunwa is a terrible receiver and shouldn't even be a consideration for the #3 receiver on this team  .

Our Defensive line is the strength of the team and should lead us  to a top five standing .

Bilal Powell is nothing more than a Jag  .

The secondary led by Revis, looks strong .

Our OL is not as bad as some are saying .

There's a reason why the games are played, why the word fan is derived from fanatic and why those who see people on day to day basis know more about them than those who don't .

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

How can you truly evaluate if the pick is bad when Hack has yet to play .

the fact that he hasn't played, when the other options are Fitz, Geno and Petty pretty much says it all. 

If you want to believe that Hack is this awesome player and Bowles is too incompetent to play him, go ahead and believe it.

the coaches are not blind to what they see in practice. We went through this with Petty, and he wasn't good, as it turns out.  

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Don't you people ever get tired of Jumping to conclusions and being wrong . Lets examine some instances  before the start of this season .

Jets strike gold with Mac and Bowles

Jets should cut G Smith and promote Petty to 2nd string .

Qunicy Enunwa is a terrible receiver and shouldn't even be a consideration for the #3 receiver on this team  .

Our Defensive line is the strength of the team and should lead us  to a top five standing .

Bilal Powell is nothing more than a Jag  .

The secondary led by Revis, looks strong .

Our OL is not as bad as some are saying .

There's a reason why the games are played, why the word fan is derived from fanatic and why those who see people on day to day basis know more about them than those who don't .

Ivory wont be missed

Marshall and Decker will go for 2000 yds again

And we wont have to worry about covering tight ends anymore now that they drafted Lee

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the fact that he hasn't played, when the other options are Fitz, Geno and Petty pretty much says it all. 

If you want to believe that Hack is this awesome player and Bowles is too incompetent to play him, go ahead and believe it.

the coaches are not blind to what they see in practice. We went through this with Petty, and he wasn't good, as it turns out.  

I'm not saying Hack is awesome but he has potential and until its proven he can't play its foolish to label him as a bust as you and many others here already have.

The coaches bottom line wanted W's. The fact that they resigned/started Fitz set the whole progression back a year. If they cut Fitz started Geno , then Petty and Hack most likely got more meaningful snaps this year.  Bowles and Macc needed to move on form Fitz and if anything that might be they're undoing , not sitting a prospect QB.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

This makes no sense at all . 31 NFL teams jump off a bridge, and the 1 team that doesn't is stupid .  Maybe that 1 team just doesn't want to die by jumping off a bridge  .You folks complained all year that Petty should be given a chance . When he got his chance, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Jose Feliciano saw the results and shock they head . Last Sunday, I was shocked to realize an NFL starting QB couldn't throw a wet football .

When will you guys learn >

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Ivory wont be missed

Marshall and Decker will go for 2000 yds again

And we wont have to worry about covering tight ends anymore now that they drafted Lee

Snacks is easily replaceable . When you run a 34 defense, and the NT demands a double and sometimes triple team, it makes the Job of the other 2 defensive linemen oh so easy . We discovered this when we lost Jason Ferguson to Dallas and went from top 5 to one of the worst defenses in football under Edwards and history has repeated itself yet again .

Fans are fans for a reason .

Just now, Tinstar said:

Snacks is easily replaceable . When you run a 34 defense, and the NT demands a double and sometimes triple team, it makes the Job of the other 2 defensive linemen oh so easy . We discovered this when we lost Jason Ferguson to Dallas and went from top 5 to one of the worst defenses in football under Edwards and history has repeated itself yet again .

Fans are fans for a reason .

But not at that price

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guys,

You know, even good scouting and decision making doesn't make anyone know which QBs coming out of these drafts are going to be good these days. It's like anyone who thinks they can consistently predict the stock market, which no one has ever mastered. Goff is the number 1 pick and so far has looked bad, and everyone passed through 3 full rounds and into the top of the 4th round on Prescott and thus far he looks very very good. It is a crap shoot at best these days with so many QBs coming from these one read systems, which is a nice way of calling the offensive systems schoolyard football. The fact is right now nobody knows how good Hack will or won't be. In any event the Jets will probably go hard for a FA QB like Glennon or Taylor if he is released and let them start with Petty as the Backup and Hack as the 3rd QB letting him continue to learn. Yes, 2nd round QBs ca end up sitting sometimes for years till they get a chance to start. Rogers sat for 4 years behind Favre prior to starting. I guess that meant he was a bust for all those years they were waiting. 

You must be insane speaking this kind of common sense out here...

Nuts I say :) 

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The answer to this question  would determined that . Do you believe the NT position is a premium position  ? 

Ofcourse it is in a 3-4 defense.

Which is why it was dumb resigning Mo at $90 million when we could have kept Snacks at half the money.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

he actually wasn't putrid in preseason.

What preseason were you watching?!?!?!?!?!?

Hackenberg looked horrible facing 3rd stringers.  No feet, totally inaccurate he can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throws, can't make reads but then again didn't even know any of the offense so who knows.  If it he didn't have Allen Robinson his freshman season I doubt he would have even been drafted by an NFL team let alone 2nd round pick.

Just now, drdetroit said:

What preseason were you watching?!?!?!?!?!?

Hackenberg looked horrible facing 3rd stringers.  No feet, totally inaccurate he can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throws, can't make reads but then again didn't even know any of the offense so who knows.

He wasn't bad in the 3rd preseason game. He was brought in by surprise in the 4th preseason game

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

He wasn't bad in the 3rd preseason game. He was brought in by surprise in the 4th preseason game

He was horrible.  When you're facing 3rd stringers "not bad" isn't good enough especially when you're supposed to be a future franchise qb.

Christian Hackenberg is 21 years old & now immersed in the NFL. Camps, weight rooms, film rooms, working with QB coaches. Tom Brady was 24 years old when he got his 1st NFL start. Aaron Rogers was 25 years old before his 1st NFL start.

Thats 3 & 4 YEARS older than Hackenberg is right now. The New York Jets offensive line is a dumpster fire. Why would you subject this kid to a line so bad we've lost 2 QBs to injured reserve already. I'm in no rush to ruin another QB, I don't want him to be David Carred. My biggest worry is who do we have bringing him along? Who's in the film room with him? Who's training him in the offseason. 

Because he's only 21, wouldn't it be smart for the Jets to go after an offensive coaching staff? Like someone else has said before if the Jets can pry Sean Payton from the Saints it's a no brainer. I'd love to have him come here & bring Hack along learning his vast offensive playbook. If not, I guess Chan can teach him something, he does have a lot of knowledge.

Just now, Jetster said:

Christian Hackenberg is 21 years old & now immersed in the NFL. Camps, weight rooms, film rooms, working with QB coaches. Tom Brady was 24 years old when he got his 1st NFL start. Aaron Rogers was 25 years old before his 1st NFL start.

Thats 3 & 4 YEARS older than Hackenberg is right now. The New York Jets offensive line is a dumpster fire. Why would you subject this kid to a line so bad we've lost 2 QBs to injured reserve already. I'm in no rush to ruin another QB, I don't want him to be David Carred. My biggest worry is who do we have bringing him along? Who's in the film room with him? Who's training him in the offseason. 

Because he's only 21, wouldn't it be smart for the Jets to go after an offensive coaching staff? Like someone else has said before if the Jets can pry Sean Payton from the Saints it's a no brainer. I'd love to have him come here & bring Hack along learning his vast offensive playbook. If not, I guess Chan can teach him something, he does have a lot of knowledge.

Just now, Snell41 said:

Dude how could you even watch that for more than 5 seconds? I don't like Hack either but seriously who is the John Grden wannabe has no clue looking for clicks dude narrating that garbage?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Watched the entire thing and hey I recommend putting it on mute because you can still see in minute detail just how horrible Christian Hacknberg really is.

Archived