WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is Fitz starting ?

OH THE PAIN

3 hours ago, The Walrus said:

This thread reeks of I didn't get the console game I wanted for Xmas. :)

You suit up Hack and he gets a few series in the 2nd half. You're not going to determine anything with him one way or another in this game, starting or not. But with the Oline you may get him injured.

He's a professional . Anytime he steps on the field , there is a chance he will be injured . He needs experience .

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

What wrong with Thomas Jones ? The guy was a bull .

the jets online community decided he wasn't barry sanders, so he sucks, lol

he  carried it 931 times for 3,800 yards, scored 28 TDs and lost 1 fumble in 3 years here

I hate him

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes I'm the moron for judging a pick who has yet to see the field. Run along little boy. 

Haha! Yes because mid 2nd round picks ALWAYS need the "red shirt" ? Forget what NFL announcer said he has never heard of a "red shirt " draft pick.. especially such a premium pick, from a such a prestigious school.. Sure he will all of a sudden learn how to throw on target ? 

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Haha! Yes because mid 2nd round picks ALWAYS need the "red shirt" ? Forget what NFL announcer said he has never heard of a "red shirt " draft pick.. especially such a premium pick, from a such a prestigious school.. Sure he will all of a sudden learn how to throw on target ? 

Believe everything you read in the media and hear from the talking heads with mush for brains - that will get you very far.  The media has an agenda. They want to start controversy , it sells papers , web site hits and draws listeners/viewers to a light like a moth.  As the line from Crazy Train goes - the media sells it and you live the role. 

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

He was killing it before then

Yes he was running those 40 yard wind sprints, problem is Fitz could only throw 25 - Devin's a bust. Oh wait he had two special teams fumbles - he's a bust. 

Give the guy a legitimate chance , and if he still sucks I'll but right along with you calling him a bust. 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes he was running those 40 yard wind sprints, problem is Fitz could only throw 25 - Devin's a bust. Oh wait he had two special teams fumbles - he's a bust. 

Give the guy a legitimate chance , and if he still sucks I'll but right along with you calling him a bust. 

Devin needs to start catching balls that hit him squarely in the hands/chest.  You don't get many "chances" at WR when you can't catch easy opportunities.

I understand completely the frustration with not playing Hack, but I tend to agree he's not playing because of some combination that he's not ready/not that good, would be playing behind a bad OL (at least Fitz knows how to avoid the pass rush better than most), and one game will not make much of a difference.

If Petty was not hurt they would probably be playing him, because he at least has been working with the first team, and imo has not had enough of a chance to show he sucks or can make it or any definitive decision about him.    And we would not be talking about starting Hackenberg.  But the chance to see more of Petty is gone, so I get that they are playing Fitz.

fitz sucks something awful. I posted before the year started he would be a failure of epic proportions and he has lived up to my expecations-there is ZERO reason he should play and for the love of god spare me the we dont want to ruin hack's confidence-he is a football player a QB in a major market-if he is so soft that we have to fear he cant handle playing in a meaningless game we should cut him now-this is like a pre season game-give him his reps and let him gain some experience.

I watched almost all of his games at PSU and I am 1000000% convinced he is browning nagle part two at best-not sure what our gm saw  in him but then again he is the same guy that gave fitz a big raise when not one another team wanted him

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Devin needs to start catching balls that hit him squarely in the hands/chest.  You don't get many "chances" at WR when you can't catch easy opportunities.

I agree, but seriously how many chances has he really had at WR with this team. Its like buying a Porsche that can't get out of 2nd gear. 

Smith's best assets are his speed and jumping ability to this point they haven't tried to utilize him as a speed receiver. 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree, but seriously how many chances has he really had at WR with this team. Its like buying a Porsche that can't get out of 2nd gear. 

Smith's best assets are his speed and jumping ability to this point they haven't tried to utilize him as a speed receiver. 

smith is a bust a one trick pony -they should have him run back kicks to try and use his speed as a wr he is a monster bust -if monster can be used on a second round pick

hack hasn't take reps all year.  let fitz get knocked out of the game before hack gets in there.

we won't learn anything about hack in this game.  and we don't know who is going to mentor him this offseason either.

i like that they didn't throw hack in there, i hope he doesn't get a torn something like petty with that line.  

i don't really care what they do with the defense this offseason, just fix that line and get hack ready.  i always said i'd rather have the guy who prefers a pro offense to a guy who has to reluctantly learn it.  i have faith in hack, you can't really teach whether you can go through reads naturally, and he can do it.  i just hope mccags finds the right staff to develop it properly this offseason.  

no matter what they say i think the plan was for hack to start next year.  they just didn't think qb would be so controversial this season, and part of that problem fell on the o-line.

24 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And they're not going to if he keeps dropping can-of-corn passes when he gets his opportunities.

I'm not ready to cut bait on him yet, but if all he is is a strait-line speedster with bad hands (a la Dedric Ward?) thats not a terribly useful skillset.

If our "Porsche" can't make a routine right turn at 20 mph without crashing, I'm not overly concerned with it's handling at 100 mph.

37 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Devin Smith still has potential

Hack is wack

26 minutes ago, kmnj said:

smith is a bust a one trick pony -they should have him run back kicks to try and use his speed as a wr he is a monster bust -if monster can be used on a second round pick

With a real coaching staff Smith is salvageable.

I meant Devin, Warfish, not Geno

6. The OL will get Hack killed

5. Hack's inexperience will get Hack killed

4. A combo of the above will get Hack killed

3. Buffalo is using a scrub backup QB, Jets are using theirs  (Fitz)

2. If Hack starts, Marshall and other big names will bench themselves to avoid risk

1. Woody wants to fill as many seats as possible

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

6. The OL will get Hack killed

5. Hack's inexperience will get Hack killed

4. A combo of the above will get Hack killed

3. Buffalo is using a scrub backup QB, Jets are using theirs  (Fitz)

2. If Hack starts, Marshall and other big names will bench themselves to avoid risk

1. Woody wants to fill as many seats as possible

7. Hack is horrible and Mac and Bowles want to avoid the cherry on top of a wasted year by starting that abomination

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Believe everything you read in the media and hear from the talking heads with mush for brains - that will get you very far.  The media has an agenda. They want to start controversy , it sells papers , web site hits and draws listeners/viewers to a light like a moth.  As the line from Crazy Train goes - the media sells it and you live the role. 

Lol who said ANYTHING about the media ? What a wasteful ramble.. It was a former player, or coach.. not the "media".. And open your eyes.. Is it not right ?Go dig up another instance where a 2nd round pick was " red shirted" and forbidden to even get 1 snap because apparently he is so bad

Does it really matter who starts. Hack probably has no chemistry with any of our receivers and we have an offensive line that couldn't block in the Canadian league. Why put hack in a position where he can't succeed when they know there are a million fans looking for any excuse to run the kid out of town? Our season is over nothing good can come out of this game not even proper evaluations or experience I hope they play all the old players who won't be on the team next season so if anyone gets hurt it won't be a young kid with any potential

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived