WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is Fitz starting ?

OH THE PAIN

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The only reason fans want to see Hackenberg is because they dont want to see Fitzpatrick. Plain and simple. And that's not a good enough reason

Disagree,most fans understand the  game of football and not just on  fantasy football level. You evaluate players by playing them in live NFL action not shorts and tee practices. 

Macc is probably hiding something and the head coach is playing along as this would be the epic disaster ending to both their jobs if he plays and sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So, when do you play Hackenburg?  4 years from now when we have built a great team?

You learn by playing the game, even if you suck at it you will learn.  Hey I don;t mind if fitz starts, it will be his swan song but hack should get a few series to get his feet wet.

Aaron Rodgers? drafted #24 overall in 2005. Didn't PLAY and Start until 2008. 

I do believe Hack should play the half of the 3rd and 4th quarter on Sunday just to 

toe_in_water_2.png

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Disagree,most fans understand the  game of football and not just on  fantasy football level. You evaluate players by playing them in live NFL action not shorts and tee practices. 

Macc is probably hiding something and the head coach is playing along as this would be the epic disaster ending to both their jobs if he plays and sucks. 

Yes because the fanbase and media overreact to one start. Classic Jets fanbase and media

It used to be that QB picks always sat..and learned behind someone else starting...and you know what? There were just as many busts as there are now. They can either play or they can't. All the excuses in the world won't change that. Sitting them on the belief that they can change the entire way they play the position is a pipe dream. 

Hackenberg isn't going to see the field as a Jet.

The same posters and media killing Macc and the Jets for sticking to their guns and giving Hack a development year (like Rodgers Brady and countless others) can be found killing the Jets for rushing Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith onto the field as rookie starters when they weren't ready for it.

Some are honest and have good points at least one spoiled fan has no real opinions and is just looking for the negative to attack the team he hates

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

It used to be that QB picks always sat..and learned behind someone else starting...and you know what? There were just as many busts as there are now. They can either play or they can't. All the excuses in the world won't change that. Sitting them on the belief that they can change the entire way they play the position is a pipe dream. 

Hackenberg isn't going to see the field as a Jet.

Yes he will. Next preseason.

8 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Aaron Rodgers? drafted #24 overall in 2005. Didn't PLAY and Start until 2008. 

I do believe Hack should play the half of the 3rd and 4th quarter on Sunday just to 

Yeah the old aaron rogers gambit. the fact he had a hof qb and a super bowl calibre roster intact in front of him still near his prime had zero to do with his wait time.

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

You with your logic and common sense. 

Sorry, that was the most sarcastic post I've ever made here. Hackenberg has always been, is now, and will always be terrible, and Maccagnan should have been fired the second he sent the card to the podium.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Pre-season doesn't count...there's a reason it's not part of the regular season. A reason that pre-season games don't count for "played" games for players. A reason suspensions don't include pre-season games.

You didn't say in the regular season. You didn't give that stipulation. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You didn't say in the regular season. You didn't give that stipulation. 

I can't stipulate every possible thing that could possibly occur.  Considering he's already been in a pre-season game....it would have been obvious to most people.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Sorry, that was the most sarcastic post I've ever made here. Hackenberg has always been, is now, and will always be terrible, and Maccagnan should have been fired the second he sent the card to the podium.

I just don't want to see Fitz ever again. If that comes at the expense of proving you are correct about Hackenberg so be it. 

Fitz is now what he has been from the moment we first signed him - a waste of ******* time. 

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Is is OK for me to root for Fitz to suffer a career-ending injury on Sunday so I never have to see his worthless ass in a Jets uniform ever again?

He is my least favorite Jet of all time. 

I hate him more than I hate Thomas Jones. 

Or you can just wait until 4pm Sunday and have the SAME EFFECT without stupidly wishing serious injury on another human being so as NOT to seem like an @$$Hole. It was 1 year deal. Wait 3 hours more instead of wishing harm on another person - KARMA is a MuthaFŭcker. 

Short Answer: No. :)

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Again, it was a mistake, but to call it fireable is dumb.

If you make mistakes over a number of years it is fireable,  I like mac and want to see him stay on but like it or not QB picks are magnified, especially when you have not starter.  the Hack pick is like a bill board stapled to his forehad, he has to wear it until he finds a franchise qb and if he doesn't soon it will be a main reason he is canned,

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Is is OK for me to root for Fitz to suffer a career-ending injury on Sunday so I never have to see his worthless ass in a Jets uniform ever again?

He is my least favorite Jet of all time. 

I hate him more than I hate Thomas Jones. 

No. There is nothing okay about wishing physical harm on someone over a game. There's only one game left of his Jets career. Sorry it prevented you from seeing Geno Smith suck for another two seasons or Bryce Petty get injured in literally every game. What torture. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

If you make mistakes over a number of years it is fireable,  I like mac and want to see him stay on but like it or not QB picks are magnified, especially when you have not starter.  the Hack pick is like a bill board stapled to his forehad, he has to wear it until he finds a franchise qb and if he doesn't soon it will be a main reason he is canned,

DBatesman, this is a better response than "Yes it is." And I do agree. If he bombs the draft next year, then fire him

Archived