Jump to content

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is Fitz starting ?


OH THE PAIN
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. There is nothing okay about wishing physical harm on someone over a game. There's only one game left of his Jets career. Sorry it prevented you from seeing Geno Smith suck for another two seasons or Bryce Petty get injured in literally every game. What torture. 

Fitz is a terrible player and a terrible person who has personally wasted two years of my football life and set this franchise back about 4 years. **** him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm an idiot? Lawyers make millions doing what I just did

Yet you donate that time to us here on this message board. How kind of you.

Outside of holding a message board to the same standards of a courtroom in your farcical example...

Lawyers are not advised to tell opposing counsel that they're doing something wrong like assuming facts not in evidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In retrospect, I guess maybe it's the right move to not start him because it would lead the fans to think " this is the game we've been waiting for - the start of the Hack era".  However, I absolutely do want Hack to get some playing time in this game (hopefully to start the 2nd half).  I hope it's more than like the last drive or 2 of the 4th quarter (though unfortunately, I expect that to be the case).  My guess is he'll get 1-2 drives late in the game and there will be mostly running plays.  I would be surprised if Hack doesn't get at least 1 series though.  I don't think the Jet organization is THAT afraid of putting him out there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Or you can just wait until 4pm Sunday and have the SAME EFFECT without stupidly wishing serious injury on another human being so as NOT to seem like an @$$Hole. It was 1 year deal. Wait 3 hours more instead of wishing harm on another person - KARMA is a MuthaFŭcker. 

 

Short Answer: No. :)

 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. There is nothing okay about wishing physical harm on someone over a game. There's only one game left of his Jets career. Sorry it prevented you from seeing Geno Smith suck for another two seasons or Bryce Petty get injured in literally every game. What torture. 

So you're saying its fine for me to want to see him writhing on the ground in pain in retaliation for all the sh*tty football I've had to endure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Because what do we learn about Hackenberg from one game? Behind a porous banged up OL.

The idea that the OLine is bad and Hack should not start is BullSchittt.  Are you waiting for the perfect OLine to start a QB?  If that's the grand plan by this organization/coaching then boy oh boy ................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JETSfan4life_1 said:

The idea that the OLine is bad and Hack should not start is BullSchittt.  Are you waiting for the perfect OLine to start a QB?  If that's the grand plan by this organization/coaching then boy oh boy ................

4 of the 5 starters to begin the season are on IR. Give me more than that

 You know why Dak Prescott has done so well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Fitz is a terrible player and a terrible person who has personally wasted two years of my football life and set this franchise back about 4 years. **** him.

Terrible player? Yes terrible players typically last over 10 years in the NFL as an undrafted free agent from Harvard at the oat difficult position in all of professional sports. Was he great? No. It he wasn't terrible overall. 

Terrible person? I don't know him personally and I doubt you do but everything I can tell is that he's a family man who donates a lot of time and money to charity. We should all be so terrible people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

4 of the 5 starters to begin the season are on IR. Give me more than that

 You know why Dak Prescott has done so well?

Yes he (Dak) may have a better OLine no one is disputing that, but a lot has to do with coaching my friend.  Out of all these starters you speak of on IR the only player worth starting is Mangold.  If the Jets had half way decent coaching this team can at least compete. So don't give me the IR/poor OLine BS, these guys know schemes and technique this is not middle school football and even if the so called OLine is poor if you teach a QB right (yes he may get a hit or two) but not get killed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Terrible player? Yes terrible players typically last over 10 years in the NFL as an undrafted free agent from Harvard at the oat difficult position in all of professional sports. Was he great? No. It he wasn't terrible overall. 

Terrible person? I don't know him personally and I doubt you do but everything I can tell is that he's a family man who donates a lot of time and money to charity. We should all be so terrible people. 

Many smart people donate money to charity for PR purposes. Don't be naive. 

His bullsh*t holdout kept him from preparing to play this year. His constant whining over being benched in spite of his piss poor play hurt this team. These are not things good people do. 

The fact that Fitz has lasted this long is merely a testament to the overall lack of quality at the QB position in a watered down league. He is a terrible football player. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Many smart people donate money to charity for PR purposes. Don't be naive. 

His bullsh*t holdout kept him from preparing to play this year. His constant whining over being benched in spite of his piss poor play hurt this team. These are not things good people do. 

The fact that Fitz has lasted this long is merely a testament to the overall lack of quality at the QB position in a watered down league. He is a terrible football player. 

He didn't hold out. He wasn't under contract. The front office created that situation. Not Fitz. Your anger is misguided and misplaced. Constant whining? He said one thing once and it was mostly anger at himself for not playing better. 

There are plenty of examples of QBs who were drafted higher and signed for much more money that didn't even last 5 years. Fitz is an average QB. Terrible? No. Your opinion is terrible. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted Bowles fired for starting Fitz over Petty a few weeks ago and I DO NOT have a problem with Fitz starting this week. The oline is in shambles and Hack isn't ready. What good can come from playing in this game? Hack gets hurt? Gets his confidence shattered? 

 

Hack may be a bust or a franchise QB, either way, this is a smart move imo. With that said, I am still rooting for Fitz to be awful. I can't stand that guy. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He didn't hold out. He wasn't under contract. The front office created that situation. Not Fitz. Your anger is misguided and misplaced. Constant whining? He said one thing once and it was mostly anger at himself for not playing better. 

There are plenty of examples of QBs who were drafted higher and signed for much more money that didn't even last 5 years. Fitz is an average QB. Terrible? No. Your opinion is terrible. 

1. Call it what you will. He wasn't there to participate in the OTAs and thus failed to properly prepare for the season. He didn't just say one thing and it wasn't about being mad at himself. He whined like a bitch. I wanted him cut, so did many others. 

2. This is a red herring argument as I wasn't comparing him to anyone. I merely said that he is a terrible football player which is factually accurate.

Your opinions are your own. I don't judge them as I'd thank you to not judge mine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

1. Call it what you will. He wasn't there to participate in the OTAs and thus failed to properly prepare for the season. He didn't just say one thing and it wasn't about being mad at himself. He whined like a bitch. I wanted him cut, so did many others. 

2. This is a red herring argument as I wasn't comparing him to anyone. I merely said that he is a terrible football player which is factually accurate.

Your opinions are your own. I don't judge them as I'd thank you to not judge mine. 

1. Provide a link to multiple instances where he "whined". What you want from a roster standpoint means nothing. The professional NFL people wanted him a Jet so he is. For one more game. You're a big boy. You'll manage.

2. That's not factually accurate. Even a below average NFL player is not a terrible football player. Fitz is average.

If you don't want you opinions judged, maybe stay off the internet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

At this point, I just want Hack dressed.  If he's still on the sideline in civvies, we know the kid has not shown anything resembling NFL QB potential.

That's just not true.  His proven skill set is entirely irrelevant to whether or not he's playing.  They committed to not playing him this year.  The fans of this team always scream that our young QB's should sit and watch for a year - with the continual pointing to Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady etc...

Now that our team is doing it we are screaming at them for it.  They are sticking to a plan...

For all of the disaster this year has been and all of the blame that we can put on Mac and Bowles - not playing Hack is one of the good decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

1. Provide a link to multiple instances where he "whined". What you want from a roster standpoint means nothing. The professional NFL people wanted him a Jet so he is. For one more game. You're a big boy. You'll manage.

2. That's not factually accurate. Even a below average NFL player is not a terrible football player. Fitz is average.

If you don't want you opinions judged, maybe stay off the internet. 

Fitz would have to improve by about 1000 percent to begin to approach average. His is bad at football. Very bad. 

Disagreeing is one thing judgement is quite another. 

That said - **** Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

at various points this season people wanted to fire Bowles for not playing Geno, for not playing Petty, for playing Petty and for not playing Hack. All that needs to happen is the Jets play hack, he's terrible and then people will want to fire Bowles for that. 

 

Wake up people. The horses are glue and you want to shoot the jockey

Yes, but let's be honest ...the Jockey is sitting backwards on the horse, wearing a blindfold, and whipping himself.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...