Jump to content

To Renew or NOT to Renew . . . STH how many are jumping ship?


Gas2No99
 Share

Recommended Posts

As another season draws to a close and ONCE AGAIN our beloved Jets seem like perpetual bottom-feeders who MAY have to hit the RESET button AGAIN, I wonder how many STH (Both PSL and non-PSL) are genuinely gōng hé to RENEW for next season?

The advent of StubHub/TixExchange and improved in-home game viewing experience (Bigger TVs, stereo sound, replays, no traffic, etc.) has REALLY changed the VALUE of being a STH as opposed to the convenience of A-la-Carte game selection. If Bowles is fired, does that give you incentive to STAY or jump ship since it's ANOTHER regime starting all over again?

Possibly another factor: The Jets payment deadline is in early May which is now AFTER the NFL Draft as opposed to when it was usually the week after the event. So like last year, you had ALREADY paid for 2016 when the Jets selected to OH-SO-POPULAR Lee and Hack in the first 2 rounds.  

Thoughts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im looking to get back in on the cheap I have put in a request to the Jets ticket office for LL row 1 EZ  seats which if become available I plan on low balling the hell out of them. 

I see that self imposed exile did a lot of good. Knock it off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

I see that self imposed exile did a lot of good. Knock it off

Im serious I have contacted the Jets ticket office in hopes that someone might give up the seats I covet not joking if someone wants to default on a PSL I told them i would be interested in hearing what it would take to buy in. 

I sat row 1 in the LL EZ for a game and enjoyed the view and the atmosphere. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im serious I have contacted the Jets ticket office in hopes that someone might give up the seats I covet not joking if someone wants to default on a PSL I told them i would be interested in hearing what it would take to buy in. 
I sat row 1 in the LL EZ for a game and enjoyed the view and the atmosphere. 


Oy. There he goes again...this time imaginary LLEZ seats he is gonna lowball them on.

Nonsense as always
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm done.

Have great seats in 339 on the 50 in row 8.  Don't have to walk up or down any stairs when I come out of the gate.

Did the math and it really makes no sense.

I ate the PS games, the Colt game, dumped the prime time games at a loss and am giving away the Bills game to a friend.

Going the SH, Brother printer in the back seat, under face 3 hours before the game route if I am hell bent to go.

Keeping my Knicks, Devils and Rutgers FB tickets.

Very sad about giving up the Jet's STs but this season and the secondary market angle put me over the top.

Regardless, the Jets will always be my #1 team and I will go again and hopefully a lot in the future when they are competitive again.

It just will be in a more cost effective manner.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm done.

Have great seats in 339 on the 50 in row 8.  Don't have to walk up or down any stairs when I come out of the gate.

Did the math and it really makes no sense.

I ate the PS games, the Colt game, dumped the prime time games at a loss and am giving away the Bills game to a friend.

Going the SH, Brother printer in the back seat, under face 3 hours before the game route if I am hell bent to go.

Keeping my Knicks, Devils and Rutgers FB tickets.

Very sad about giving up the Jet's STs but this season and the secondary market angle put me over the top.

Regardless, the Jets will always be my #1 team and I will go again and hopefully a lot in the future when they are competitive again.

It just will be in a more cost effective manner.

 

 

I know how you feel.

We gave up our seats a few years after the move to Jersey that dad had gotten after they drafted Namath .

For us the traffic / travel to and from NJ was brutal.

Didnt take long for us to realize that it is really very nice to pick and choose  2-3 games per season to go to. 

Then of course you have a season like this one where we went once as it became obvious very early the product wasnt worth it.

The cost per game is higher but the overall cost is lower than owning seats for 10 games and its nice not having to buy bullsh!t PS games or watching them crash and burn and still owning tix for 5 home games that are worthless.

Does it make me less of a fan? Maybe.... but if I am its because they, the NYJ,  beat the fandom out of me..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I know how you feel.

We gave up our seats a few years after the move to Jersey that dad had gotten after they drafted Namath .

For us the traffic / travel to and from NJ was brutal.

Didnt take long for us to realize that it is really very nice to pick and choose  2-3 games per season to go to. 

Then of course you have a season like this one where we went once as it became obvious very early the product wasnt worth it.

The cost per game is higher but the overall cost is lower than owning seats for 10 games and its nice not having to buy bullsh!t PS games or watching them crash and burn and still owning tix for 5 home games that are worthless.

Does it make me less of a fan? Maybe.... but if I am its because they, the NYJ,  beat the fandom out of me..

I already have the sections I plan to target on SH if I want to go.  The club corner seats always seem to go into the toilet price-wise a few hours before the game.

Was there for the Dolphin game and it wasn't bad although for the price the Jets charge, they are back quite aways from the field.

Lower Prime, Lower Sideline or Club Seats on the visitor side is where I will be looking.

My fandom and loyalty will not change, my commitment to get screwed will.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had tickets since 1984 and have been through the high's (limited) and lows.  This season, for the first time ever, I just was not interested in going and went to the first two home games only.  I made the trip to KC to see a royal ass whooping and a pre-cursor of things to come.  I would love to the SH thing a couple of times a year but I have to buy the full season next year as I have a PSL.  My enthusiasm is at an all time low.  This effin' team.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

You may get very lucky with that move given the fact a lot of STHs will be bailing.

The motive and temptation of this thread is that I feel a GOOD AMOUNT of STH don't like the value they are currently getting which may create a windfall of good seats being dumped via the secondary market. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Renewing so I can bitch about the crappy stadium, call for the coach to be fired and of course tailgate. Going to fly some flags upside down.  See below for official meaning... 

An American flag or for that matter any flag flown upside-down is considered a sign of distress... 

US Code:T36 Ch10.176 
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property. 

Opinions: 
Mutiny, piracy, sinking, coup, rebellion of the people/government. 
The fact that any flag flown upside-down means distress is not the whole story however... flags flown upside-down can and are used as a form of protest. 
The flag is a symbol of control and superiority. The use of such in any other way is considered "desecration."

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Renewing so I can bitch about the crappy stadium, call for the coach to be fired and of course tailgate. Going to fly some flags upside down.  See below for official meaning... 

An American flag or for that matter any flag flown upside-down is considered a sign of distress... 

US Code:T36 Ch10.176 
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property. 

Opinions: 
Mutiny, piracy, sinking, coup, rebellion of the people/government. 
The fact that any flag flown upside-down means distress is not the whole story however... flags flown upside-down can and are used as a form of protest. 
The flag is a symbol of control and superiority. The use of such in any other way is considered "desecration."

 

Post some pictures of that, or send them to me if you can. I think we could put that to good use. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the average fan fails to understand is that season ticket holders are in this for the long-haul and it's seasons like this one that make great seasons that much more enjoyable.

The reason the 2002 AFC East Championship and subsequent 41-0 demolition of the Colts felt so satisfying is because of the disappointments of the 1999, 2000, and 2001 seasons.

The reason the 2015 10-6 season felt so invigorating was because of the disappointments of the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons.

While those who quit being a season ticket holder can save a few dollars in losing years, they don't get the full emotional experience of the rise back to winning years because they weren't a part of the fabric of the team when they needed them the most and the sacrifice meant the most.  Deep down, they know they were disloyal for a spell, it comes back to haunt in a way that's more detrimental than the few dollars they saved.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

What the average fan fails to understand is that season ticket holders are in this for the long-haul and it's seasons like this one that make great seasons that much more enjoyable.

The reason the 2002 AFC East Championship and subsequent 41-0 demolition of the Colts felt so satisfying is because of the disappointments of the 1999, 2000, and 2001 seasons.

The reason the 2015 10-6 season felt so invigorating was because of the disappointments of the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons.

While those who quit being a season ticket holder can save a few dollars in losing years, they don't get the full emotional experience of the rise back to winning years because they weren't a part of the fabric of the team when they needed them the most and the sacrifice meant the most.  Deep down, they know they were disloyal for a spell, it comes back to haunt in a way that's more detrimental than the few dollars they saved.

SAR I

Hey man can't wait to see you at the game on Sunday. :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had full season tickets to baseball, football (waiting since 1966, tix since 1976) and hockey. It is a big commitment in time and money and frankly, other than the 80's Mets, it was never worth it. There are only two true benefits: Postseason tickets in a prime location (if you have it) and the comradery of sitting with the same folks year after year. As far as the Jets go, you are not seeing a playoff game at home for years to come and we have not seen the same people around us consistently since the move to NJ.

There may be a day when it will be worth it, but you will still have time to get in before that. For now, paying face value PLUS PSL payments and pre-season games is just throwing money away.

I would love to get out of my PSL. The location sucks and there are no benefits so I can't even give it away.

One thing that I will not do is pay the Jets for nothing to pay out the contract. I would rather engage counsel and try to recover what as paid to date based on false statements made by the hard-sell rep when I made the mistake of getting stuck in the worst deal of my life.

So has anyone tried to just walk away from the deal? Any Mezz EZ holders considering a class action suit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Season tickets for this garbage is a suckers bet... Had tix to this sh*tty franchise for almost 40 years and seriously considering not renewing. Paying this team full price annually , let alone PSL to watch this garbage is ******* stupid and I've been doing it too long ...why would anyone NOT pay 95% off for secondary market and then just buy a parking pass .. you literally cannot give these seats away and it's never been an issue in 10 years moving a block of 6-10seats anywhere in the upper deck .... honestly the only reason Woody can get away with this crap is that there is an NY on the helmet, if this team existed in any other city it wouldn't be worth jack sh*t...but as long as he keeps getting NY publicity and the baseline of season ticket renewals he will not be motivated to fix anything....so we will see next week what we do but in the meantime woody go **** your self 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I have had full season tickets to baseball, football (waiting since 1966, tix since 1976) and hockey. It is a big commitment in time and money and frankly, other than the 80's Mets, it was never worth it. There are only two true benefits: Postseason tickets in a prime location (if you have it) and the comradery of sitting with the same folks year after year. As far as the Jets go, you are not seeing a playoff game at home for years to come and we have not seen the same people around us consistently since the move to NJ.

There may be a day when it will be worth it, but you will still have time to get in before that. For now, paying face value PLUS PSL payments and pre-season games is just throwing money away.

I would love to get out of my PSL. The location sucks and there are no benefits so I can't even give it away.

One thing that I will not do is pay the Jets for nothing to pay out the contract. I would rather engage counsel and try to recover what as paid to date based on false statements made by the hard-sell rep when I made the mistake of getting stuck in the worst deal of my life.

So has anyone tried to just walk away from the deal? Any Mezz EZ holders considering a class action suit?

Stop paying them and then call 7 On Your Side and lob a call into ESPN and Fox Sports 1 as well and make it a PR nightmare if they come after you personally. **** Woody

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

What the average fan fails to understand is that season ticket holders are in this for the long-haul and it's seasons like this one that make great seasons that much more enjoyable.

The reason the 2002 AFC East Championship and subsequent 41-0 demolition of the Colts felt so satisfying is because of the disappointments of the 1999, 2000, and 2001 seasons.

The reason the 2015 10-6 season felt so invigorating was because of the disappointments of the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons.

While those who quit being a season ticket holder can save a few dollars in losing years, they don't get the full emotional experience of the rise back to winning years because they weren't a part of the fabric of the team when they needed them the most and the sacrifice meant the most.  Deep down, they know they were disloyal for a spell, it comes back to haunt in a way that's more detrimental than the few dollars they saved.

SAR I

What long haul, pray tell, are you referring to? The lost decades of the Leon Hess years? The lost decades of the Woody Johnson years? The fact that fans are literally going entire lives now without seeing the Jets IN let alone WIN a Super Bowl? 

The Long Haul is usually associated with some sort of ultimate payoff, to justify the massive amount of money lost, and entire days of time with family sacrificed, that now have children, grand children on the hope that there will be eventual success.

However in this case I just see a team that has regressed back to its worst performance and talent levels in twenty years.

In the meantime, luckily we still have our annual points for showing up, Fan Assist and buying Truffle Flavored Popcorn on our season ticket holder cards, because God Forbid if I didn't have the opportunity to cash them in for a Mo Wilkerson bobble head at the end of the year, I think I may actually ******* snap. Thank God for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

I will renew my tickets. I enjoy going to see my friends at the tailgate and the people whom I sit around each week. It's 10 days a year. I spend much more time and money on hunting and fishing than I do the jets and I am much worse at both those things than the jets are at football. 

Yeah it sucks losing, but I will be there each week.

Unless you've shot yourself in the foot, I'd say this is impossible.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

We are on the same page! I want them to win Super Bowls. But I learned that the family bonding time is amazing.

In 1990 or 1991 my Dad and I were the first two people to walk in the stadium for hte first game. I remember sitting there and looking around, not another person in the stadium. I think the gates opened 3 hours before kickoff then. We sat there, talked and I probably ate a knish that tasted like cardboard.

Back on topic, it was probably the best game I ever went to. The Jets probably lost. My Dad was probably ready to kill someone on the ride home.

But sitting there with him, that game, and all the games. Talking. That's what it is all about. Probably the first time ever we talked about Vietnam at all. Probably the first time I really understood what he did for a living at work etc. Even thought the Jets never won the Super Bowl, I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world.

Started going with my 21 year old son when he was 6. Going this weekend with all three of my kids for the first time ever.

The Jets will end up 4 and 12 or 5 and 11. Either way, Sunday will be a good day.

This is beautiful.

My first game was preseason Jets vs Eagles after the Eagles lost to the Raiders in the Bowl in 1981. I was 9 years old.

We sat in section 316. I smelled something weird and asked my father what it was. He said... " Someone is smoking Pot."

It was magical.

I've been to about 50-60 or so games since and I have to wonder how many kids asked their father the same question when I would be the one smoking the pot.

Traditions are a truly beautiful thing to uphold wouldn't ya say? :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...