Report: Jets’ Bowles to Return in 2017

JetNation

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Just keep going back to Eric Mangini. Same record as Bowles, if Bowles loses to Buffalo. He was retained. Bowles should be the same

the huge difference is in points for and against.  in 2007 the jets scored 268 and gave up 355.  thus far they have scored 245 and have given up 399.  in rex's last season it was 283 and 401.  this jet team is having an awful year and deserves their record.  bowles hasn't done a very good job.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rangerous said:

the huge difference is in points for and against.  in 2007 the jets scored 268 and gave up 355.  thus far they have scored 245 and have given up 399.  in rex's last season it was 283 and 401.  this jet team is having an awful year and deserves their record.  bowles hasn't done a very good job.

Both the 2007 Jets and this team were riddled by injuries. 17 players on IR this year.

Just now, Larz said:

Guess what fellers ?  We aint gotta win or heck even try hard for another year !!!    yeeeehaaaaa !

slim-pickens-blazingsaddles-5.jpg

I find your comment BS. The Jets gave effort for the most of the year. It was only the last 3-4 games where you can argue the vets gave up.

WHICH IS KEY. Most of the vets are gone, out the door.

4 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

The guy was terrible and regressed majorly this season. Rex did a better job both here and with the Bills and got canned.

Rex took over a 9-7 team and went 9-7 and then 11-5...flash forward six years later and he never broke .500 again. To be fair, he had exciting runs in 2009 and 2010.

Bowles took over a horrific 4-12 team and went 10-6 with a journeyman, internship prone QB - that is a hard thing to do by accident. He did not have good year at all this year...there is not debating it. But his journeyman QB crapped the bed and all of the key vets began to show their age at the same time 

I am looking forward to seeing how you figures this out.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

We're basically putting out a college level team out there right now. It is hard to distinguish between lack of effort and lack of talent

You can tell 3/4 of the Vets aren't trying. The other quarter of the team doesn't know where the hell they are suppose to be on plays. Inexperience is okay as long as you see improvement and you know these reps will help in the long run...half these guys aren't even going to be on the squad in the long run.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You can tell 3/4 of the Vets aren't trying. The other quarter of the team doesn't know where the hell they are suppose to be on plays. Inexperience is okay as long as you see improvement and you know these reps will help in the long run...half these guys aren't even going to be on the squad in the long run.

And as I said, most of those vets. Marshall, Fitzpatrick, Richardson, maybe Revis will be gone.

As for the rookies, that's what we will discover next year

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

I think most people that have watched this team know that when you're weekly out-maneuvered, out-prepared and have lost the locker room, it's time to move on from the coach. This wasn't just a failure of talent. This is an undisciplined, unfocused and undetermined team.

It's amazing how many people are blaming talent.  This was supposed to be 1 of, if not the best Ds in the NFL.  On offense you had one of the best WR tandems in the league returning and added a very talented Forte.

This team sucks because of Fitz and Bowles.  Bowles deserves to be fired for pining for a sh*tty qb, then losing the team when that sh*tty qb played sh*tty.

This shouldn't be a hard decision.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm speaking to a different person. This is not a linear conversation

You said "Again" which indicates linearity. Also, the first of your dynamic duo of posts occurred after I posted which means that your first post hadn't even happened yet. 

This must be what it be like to have Idzik as GM with Bowles as his coach.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

You said "Again" which indicates linearity. Also, the first of your dynamic duo of posts occurred after I posted which means that your first post hadn't even happened yet. 

This must be what it be like to have Idzik as GM with Bowles as his coach.

So you were intruding on Patriot Killa's and I's conversation! Shame on you. :D

1 minute ago, Pac said:

It's amazing how many people are blaming talent.  This was supposed to be 1 of, if not the best Ds in the NFL.  On offense you had one of the best WR tandems in the league returning and added a very talented Forte.

This team sucks because of Fitz and Bowles.  Bowles deserves to be fired for pining for a sh*tty qb, then losing the team when that sh*tty qb played sh*tty.

This shouldn't be a hard decision.

The HC/QB combination is everything in the NFL

We just want something to get excited about as a fan base. It's up to Mac to get the vets cleared out so we can make some solid moves in FA. A few nice corners will be available. Munnerlyn, DJ Hayden, Morris Clayborn m, etc. a few nice linebackers too. We have a chance to replace these guys with young starter quality talent. And if Bowles is still trash...time to gtfo.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don't see it. We may not have that many building blocks..but 10-15 years? Nah.

We're already halfway there.  It's already been 6 years with no playoffs.  We're giving a God-Awful incompetent HC another season and possibly going into TC next year with a scrub (Petty) and a total waste of time (Hack)

The Jets are becoming what the Knicks were for about 15 years.

Just now, drdetroit said:

We're already halfway there.  It's already been 6 years with no playoffs.  We're giving a God-Awful incompetent HC another season and possibly going into TC next year with a scrub (Petty) and a total waste of time (Hack)

But you said we were entering a dark era. You can't enter something you are already in

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We're at 6. Heavy odds that next year makes 7. It's actually not that crazy of a possibility.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

we're half way there now.

1 minute ago, drdetroit said:

I thought you meant 10-15 years from right now. 2016-2026/2031. 

Archived