If Herm is so well liked by the players

afosomf

Then why do they always want to leave? Makes you wonder!!

The patriot model was to underpay and preach "the good for the team motto" they won 2 SB's with this model.

I thought Herm's strength was his "pulpit" mentality.

Seems to me that without it, He is virtually worthless. We all know he cannot gameplan, doesn't

know the plays, cannot tell time....

Just wondering................

The patriot model was to underpay and preach "the good for the team motto" they won 2 SB's with this model.

Seems to me that without it, He is virtually worthless. We all know he cannot gameplan, doesn't

Counterpoint: Joe Gibbs is a Multi-Super Bowl winning coach, and is regarded as an offensive genius. He is also regarded as one of the most likeable and loved coaches around.

Yet, so far this season, he has done nothing but lose talent...lose players who he himself described as the "core" of the Redskins. Smoot, Coles and their LB (forget his name for some odd reason right this second) all left for deals not terrably better than what they were offered in D.C. Coles actively disliked Gibbs and damnded to be allowed to leave. They all CONSCIOUSLY choose to leave Gibbs.

So, if Gibbs is so well liked by the players, then why do they always want to leave? Makes you wonder!! :lol:

Do you have anything better to do with your time than bash YOUR head coach? I mean, you're a Jets fan right? I'm not saying go blindly into the old night. Far from it, but damn... we all get the point. You don't like Herm. Or Chad. Is there anyone on the Jets you like?

Anyway, Abraham, Fergeson, Jordan, et all, they all left or want to leave because of the coin. Because of the money. Dallas offered more. Oakland offered more. So, do you want to blow your cap for a back up running back and an over the hill DT? I guess the question is who's the fool now?

Loving your coach is one thing, gettin' paid is another.

You might love and respect your boss, but if you were offered more money by another company, what would be the chance of you leaving?

This is football, where the money is not guaranteed, other than what is receieved in their signing bonus. Bruschi and others, like Olin Kruetz, turning down bigger offers on the free agent market to remain with their team are rare.

I know you dislike Herm and I can understand why, just pick at something else. It can easily be argued that players and coaches have come here BECAUSE of Herm.

Counterpoint: Joe Gibbs is a Multi-Super Bowl winning coach, and is regarded as an offensive genius. He is also regarded as one of the most likeable and loved coaches around.

Yet, so far this season, he has done nothing but lose talent...lose players who he himself described as the "core" of the Redskins. Smoot, Coles and their LB (forget his name for some odd reason right this second) all left for deals not terrably better than what they were offered in D.C. Coles actively disliked Gibbs and damnded to be allowed to leave. They all CONSCIOUSLY choose to leave Gibbs.

So, if Gibbs is so well liked by the players, then why do they always want to leave? Makes you wonder!! :lol:

Gibbs is coaching a new breed of player, he will also

fail IMHO and will quit after this year. He did not have to contend with salary cap b4.

If Mumbles can get players to play for less and sell them SB victories, why can't our used car salesman do the same.

LJ

Coles 1st go around

Fergie

Kareem

and now Abe

Becht- Hooray!!!!!!!!

I have yet to see the Free Agent that said "You know what? I took a nickel less to play for Herman because he is great." ex: John Lynch.

whatever, name me ten players not on the Pats that have done or said that and you can make a case but if you cant name ten then you just played yourself dood

I have yet to see the Free Agent that said "You know what? I took a nickel less to play for Herman because he is great." ex: John Lynch.

TS and they are F'n related via Godparents scenerio.

I forgot about this one. makes u wonder even more

$$$$$$$$$$$

the same reason Neil Od'onel played ofr Rich Kotie - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is a good point. Neil left a Super Bowl contending squas to go to the worst team at the time.

Money money money.

Gibbs is coaching a new breed of player, he will also

fail IMHO and will quit after this year. He did not have to contend with salary cap b4.

If Mumbles can get players to play for less and sell them SB victories, why can't our used car salesman do the same.

LJ

Coles 1st go around

Fergie

Kareem

and now Abe

Becht- Hooray!!!!!!!!

your kidding right? :shock: edwards has to win a super bowl before he can "sell them." again, please tell me your sh*tin' me.

Another quality thread by Assmop. Hey, I thought you were a Steelers fan now anyway... so why do you care about players liking Herm.

Oh, BTW. If somebody offered me 50 grand more to go work for them I would tell my boss to have a nice life... and I love the company I work for.

Another quality thread by Assmop. Hey, I thought you were a Steelers fan now anyway... so why do you care about players liking Herm.

Oh, BTW. If somebody offered me 50 grand more to go work for them I would tell my boss to have a nice life... and I love the company I work for.

If Mumbles can get Brewski,Harrison and even Cindy to play for peanuts, why can't our man without a plan

do it. At some point the greater good for the team has to win out over individual salaries. Herm Can't coach, so he better be able to keep his players, otherwiswe the man is F'n worthless.

Every key player wants out of here, cept for Penne and we know how he is turning out and we overpaid dearly for him. Can anyone tell me what Cindy makes

vs our boy?

I think when Herm talks to players about staying/coming to the Jets, he never puts them on the spot and asks them to commit to the team. I picture the talk being something like, "we have a great team and I'd love to have you, but you need to make a decision that is best for you." While other coaches would say, "We have a great team, we need you to make it better and because of how close we are, I am looking for your commitment here...can I count on you?" Assmop and TS are right, name someone who came here for less money because of Herm.

I think when Herm talks to players about staying/coming to the Jets, he never puts them on the spot and asks them to commit to the team. I picture the talk being something like, "we have a great team and I'd love to have you, but you need to make a decision that is best for you." While other coaches would say, "We have a great team, we need you to make it better and because of how close we are, I am looking for your commitment here...can I count on you?" Assmop and TS are right, name someone who came here for less money because of Herm.

The answer, i knew it all the time.

Mumbles can get players to play for peanuts cause players know he can coach like a MFer and are willing

to sacrifice some coin for a ring!!!

Players like Herm as a person but they all know he

adds nada to the table when it comes to coaching, but

he does throw a mean BBQ and he does sleep in a Holiday INN

... besides the patriots, who have won 3 of 4 name even 1 other team that a player has gone to for less change ?

... it doesn't happen ... these guys are going to take what money they can, when they can ... as you or i would do ...

... this is a misleading, misguided topic ... obviously to support your anti-herm sentiment...

p.s. ... lynch went to the pony's because he felt that they had a better chance of winning and herm & TB wouldn't overpay to bring him here...

oh yeah and by the way let's see how his decision paid off for him

Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Final 1 2 3 4 OT T

NY Jets (11-7-0) 0 10 7 0 0 17

Pittsburgh (16-1-0)

... lynch of course ... tongue is one of our weakest spots ... but at what price ? ... would tongue have gotten us past the patriots ? i doubt it ... unfortunately we are in the same division as the best team in the NFL ... which brings us into the playoffs as a #5 with no bye & 3 road games ... brutal ... the upgrade of lynch over tongue would not have overcome this...

l_j_r

[quote name='OK I usually never criticize other posters on what they write-I choose to be tolerant-turn the other cheek and all that even when I get attacked(name calling happens)but come ON man-statements like these are bullcrap.What NFL players have you spoken to about Herman Edwards?What is coloring your judgement here?Pats fan?or is it something else,dark and insidious?

Players like Herm as a person but they all know he

adds nada to the table when it comes to coaching, but

he does throw a mean BBQ and he does sleep in a Holiday INN[/color']

Yo Assmop, the Pats have won THREE Super Bowls, not two.

And who the hell would ever want to play for Hermy?

The guy is a complete idiot.

Not for nothin PatsfanTX and I know you add some good stuff when you want to be objective...but I don't get it.Why stay at a Jets site if you're a Patriots fan?We stay here b/c we love our team-some of you Pats fans,do you ever post on a Patriots site and talk about YOUR team and what you hope they do? Again,I am really curious-not being critical,but this Penny sucks Hermy sucks we won 3 SBs it's gettin old.How about posting some stuff from a Pats site add something instead of always playing devils advocate.I still love ya but I am really starting to wonder what is up with the Pats contingent on Jets message boards.Illuminate

Not for nothin PatsfanTX and I know you add some good stuff when you want to be objective...but I don't get it.Why stay at a Jets site if you're a Patriots fan?

Fla, I'm not in the rotation today to answer that question.

It's either Garb's or PFSIKH turn to give the reply. :shock::shock:

[LOL Ok Tex someday you guys are gonna have to explain this to me cause I really don't get it.Is it b/c we're such geeks and post here all year and deserve what we get?Or is it some payback for Babe Ruth and Broadway and No No Nanette?

[LOL Ok Tex someday you guys are gonna have to explain this to me cause I really don't get it.Is it b/c we're such geeks and post here all year and deserve what we get?Or is it some payback for Babe Ruth and Broadway and No No Nanette?

SFJ..I thought most Pat Fans have said they find

both here and JI more Fun then the Pat site's that

have just one opinion on everthing?? Plus they get

a kick out of most Jet Fans coming up with BS why

the Pats are lucky and the Jets are actually better!

I've been a Jet/Titan Fan since 1960 and I find alot

of the Jet Fans excuses pretty funny myself!!Plus

Tex and some other's enjoy the smack talk as well!

I like the Pat Fans and Fans from other Teams

also..Makes the Board more Fun IMHO!! :wink:

Damn, I think we need to get Savage into the rotation.

Well said buddy.

also..Makes the Board more Fun IMHO!! :wink:i still don't get it. seems like breaking balls just for the sake of it to me. alk is cool though.

I like the Pat Fans and also Fans from other Teams

I post here because I don't like the Pats boards. Everyone has the same mindset and there aren't alot of differing opinions. Frankly, it's boring.

I like everyone here and it is a fun place to come to share opinions, debate topics and have a laugh.

Onto Herm. He reminds me of Pete "pumped and jacked" Carroll. When he coached the Pats in the late '90's all of the players loved him but that act wore thin after a while and he got the boot. At least the Jets have a better front office than Carroll had when he was with the Pats.

I don't feel that Herm can take the Jets to the next level. His game management is horrible and the Jets have to overcome his mistakes in order to win. That is a tough situation for the players.

Archived