If Herm is so well liked by the players

afosomf

I don't feel that Herm can take the Jets to the next level. His game management is horrible and the Jets have to overcome his mistakes in order to win. That is a tough situation for the players

If you surround Herm with a Talented Staff it's

possible..The DC and OC are both more than capable!

So If Herm does what he does best like Handle the

Press and motivate the players and lets the one's

who know do the football part,who can tell where

the Jets may go??

PS This post contains no Cholesterol or BBQ Jokes!

If you surround Herm with a Talented Staff it's

possible..The DC and OC are both more than capable!

So If Herm does what he does best like Handle the

Press and motivate the players and lets the one's

who know do the football part,who can tell where

the Jets may go??

PS This post contains no Cholesterol or BBQ Jokes!

It's possible but a long shot. I just don't think the team can overcome Herm's shortcomings. If the Jets had Belicheck or Andy Reed they would have made the SuperBowl by now.

The only team I can think of in the last 15 years who won a SB with a bad coach was the Cowboys with Barry Switzer at the helm. Then again I could have coached that team!

Yo Assmop, the Pats have won THREE Super Bowls, not two.

And who the hell would ever want to play for Hermy?

The guy is a complete idiot.

You know that i do not recognize 1st title as being legit. This was a tagliabue to coleman conspiracy.

Rumor has it, this was heard on replay videotape

"walt have you ever heard of a tuck rule? use it now, i cannot stand the thought or possibility of giving Davis the SB trophy!!!"

Savage69 - You got it right. Herm needs to have excellent coordinators to win. Herm has never been a HC or a coordinator at any level and it shows.

Herm is very good at handling the media (I do think that is very important in NY sports, think Ray Handley) and motivating but he's not a good X & O's guy. Reminds of what they used to say about Jim Mora, Sr. - "He's one of the best coaches in the game except for 3 hours on Sunday."

In defense of Barry Switzer, at least you knew enough not to screw up the team!

I started to really question Herm when John Lynch went to Denver and signed immediately. On paper the Broncos were really no better than the Jets other than the fact that the Jets were in the same division as the SB champs. Jets had no "in" with any ex-Bucs...

Joe Gibbs may have been away a little too long. It's going to take time for him to adapt to today's players and vice versa. A lot of today's players don't even know Joe Gibbs. He was totally away from the game.

jetgreen13 - I like the way you think but are you giving up on 2005 season?

Savage69 - You got it right. Herm needs to have excellent coordinators to win. Herm has never been a HC or a coordinator at any level and it shows.

Herm is very good at handling the media (I do think that is very important in NY sports, think Ray Handley) and motivating but he's not a good X & O's guy. Reminds of what they used to say about Jim Mora, Sr. - "He's one of the best coaches in the game except for 3 hours on Sunday."

In defense of Barry Switzer, at least you knew enough not to screw up the team!

I started to really question Herm when John Lynch went to Denver and signed immediately. On paper the Broncos were really no better than the Jets other than the fact that the Jets were in the same division as the SB champs. Jets had no "in" with any ex-Bucs...

Joe Gibbs may have been away a little too long. It's going to take time for him to adapt to today's players and vice versa. A lot of today's players don't even know Joe Gibbs. He was totally away from the game.

jetgreen13 - I like the way you think but are you giving up on 2005 season?

Good points. Also, Lynch and Winfield said that they went to their respective teams because of their wives. Maybe they felt that Denver and Minnesota were better places to live in. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. I do know that the Jets went further than their teams.

The point about the coordinators is spot on. Why is it that Nick Sabin has spent a ton of money on good PRO coaches? Billicheck(sp?)called Sabin a genius, and Sabin has brought in an impressive staff.

Obviously, unlike Spurrier and many other college coaches that make the leap to the pros, Sabin did not surround himself entirely with other college coaches. It is vital, in most professions, to surround yourself with knowledgeable, intelligent people. The most successful CEOs do it. Herm did not have a good staff. Now he does. The difference between Donnie Henderson and Ted Cotrell is vast. Look at the difference he made in one year. Same with Heimerdinger. He will make a huge difference.

I hope you are right Miami Jet.

However, I still don't believe all fault lies with Cottrell & Hackett.

The big thing with Cottrell is he coached the 3-4 pretty good in Buffalo but with the Jets he had to coach the 4-3 Cover 2 defense. Wrong fit. Henderson was great but it also helped that he Vilma & Coleman and the defenseive line improved under new coach Denny Marcin.

Hackett has a good resume coaching under Tom Landry and Bill Walsh and has been successful as an OC but failed as HC at Pitt & USC. I hope the offense gets the same boost with Heimerdinger.

Just some quick responses here to a various amount of opinions.

If Herm is so disliked. Then why did Coles crap all over Gibbs to get back here.

Teddy C, He didn't get to do his 3-4 defense with The Jets.... What defense are the playing in Minnesota? A 4-3............................

Lynch was a family issue. When you are a west coast family, It's hard to pack up and come to the east coast.

Lynch turned down Belichick and The Pats too. WHY? Not because he hated them or thought lowly of them but because of location.

Same deal with Winfield. The decision came down to his wife and family.

Just recently, Derrick Mason turned down more money from New England to go to Baltimore. Had nothing to do with Belichick or Brady. Mason's wife didn't want to live in New England.

This Herm dislike issue is not an issue. It's just people reaching for something that isn't valid.

There are so many different factors in free agency. John Abraham wants to be here but he wants a long term deal. He saw his buddies Ellis and Ferguson get long term deals while he didn't. The Jets offered a long term deal to Jason but they didn't to John.

This issue has nothing to do with Herm.

It has to do with, Who can give me a long term deal?

The Jets don't want to give Abraham a long term deal. Someone else might.

(QUOTE)It's possible but a long shot. I just don't think the team can overcome Herm's shortcomings. If the Jets had Belicheck or Andy Reed they would have made the SuperBowl by now.

whoa wait a minute-I'm a Jets fan and I know with the talent we've had it still wasn't enuff-With what receiving corps Moss and Justin last year? Vinny Moss and Conway and Mo/Marvin the year b4?Maybe 2002 but road games in the playoffs as someone above said are hard things to overcome-I disagree we haven't had the talent to overcome the Patriots at home.Oakland on the road THEIR SB year?It ain't Herm.

(QUOTE)It's possible but a long shot. I just don't think the team can overcome Herm's shortcomings. If the Jets had Belicheck or Andy Reed they would have made the SuperBowl by now.

whoa wait a minute-I'm a Jets fan and I know with the talent we've had it still wasn't enuff-With what receiving corps Moss and Justin last year? Vinny Moss and Conway and Mo/Marvin the year b4?Maybe 2002 but road games in the playoffs as someone above said are hard things to overcome-I disagree we haven't had the talent to overcome the Patriots at home.Oakland on the road THEIR SB year?It ain't Herm.

I based by Belicheck/Reed theory on the fact that us Pats fans have been told over the last 4 years by Jets fans that the Jets had better talent and the only way the Pats won was because of superior coaching.

In a nutshell Herm will not lead you guys to a SB win

Herm is 2-6 against the Pats. He has never lead the Jets to a win over the Pats in the Meadowlands. In order to step up to the next level you must win division games at home.

Yea but Gainzo, Hermy led the Jets to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

So what if he can't beat the real good teams.

Hermy coaches against good teams like PennyBoy and CuMar perform. :lol::lol:

man are you gonna hate next season. the dinger will force you to come up with completly new catch pharses. :wink:

What is everyone elses record against NE in the last four years? You can kill Herm but using games against the Pats as ammo is stupid when nobody else has had much success.

What is everyone elses record against NE in the last four years? You can kill Herm but using games against the Pats as ammo is stupid when nobody else has had much success.

The Pats are the hurdle Herm needs to get past. It is very relevent to bring up his record against them.

FYI: Last 4 years record vs. Pats

Phins: 3-5

Bills: 1-5

Maybe you made a point here, but I don't see it.

NE is EVERY coaches hurdle right now.

The Jets have the unfortunate task of being in the same division as the SB Champs. In order to get to the next level they need to at least win the Division and hopefully get a first round bye. If the Jets keep on grabbing wildcard berths their chances of reaching the SB are slim at best.

"Teddy C, He didn't get to do his 3-4 defense with The Jets.... What defense are the playing in Minnesota? A 4-3............................"

>And the Vikings lost because of their defense. They just went out and signed a few players for their defense. You can't always make the players fit the system. I believe the Jets would have been better if Abraham stayed at LB and played a 3-4.

"Lynch was a family issue. When you are a west coast family, It's hard to pack up and come to the east coast."

Tampa is in the west? He played for the Bucs for quite a few years. He wasn't going home to play... and Denver is not really west coast and still a long way from Del Mar.

Archived