Allegedly the team is upset with Marshall for trying to fire them up

jett

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/report-players-not-happy-with-marshalls-halftime-speech-against-Cheaters/212448930?cid=Yahoo&p=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

I wasn't there, the facts aren't all out! We don't know what happened.  We don't know what was said. But apparently one side of the story was in a blow out loss Marshall was trying to fire up the team. Again I don't know what was said I just have this information.  What this tells me is that they are upset Marshall is trying to fire them up. Are you kidding me. If this is true, which it probably isn't, but Jesus we got bigger problems then quarterback.  This would mean the team just doesn't give a sh*t and is Pissed at Marshall for trying to play football. Let them all go

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yet, Bowles keeps on saying after every embarrassing loss that the team is united and they have not quit on him or each other.   Guy is either clueless or a sap.  Or both?

one hand he says the effort is there but after the game he says not much effort today lol

Probably because the guys were fired up to see Hackenberg play while Marshall is over in the corner with Decker and Mangold (the cool crew) interrupting saying something like this...

"Fitz is our best option to win...we're trying to win a ball game". 

How has that gone so far Brandon??? I bet I wont see you over the entire offseason advocating for this dude again. Maybe guys are upset at you because you and the "cool crew" took it upon yourselves to sh*t on the rest of the quarterbacks on the team that were at camp working hard trying to make this team better while Fitz was holding out for more money. Ass hat. 

24 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yet, Bowles keeps on saying after every embarrassing loss that the team is united and they have not quit on him or each other.   Guy is either clueless or a sap.  Or both?

Or perhaps he believes that calling them out in the media is only going to exacerbate the problem. Either way, it's naive for smart fans to think that what Bowles says in press conferences is the whole picture. Extremely naive.

I get being angry, but let's be honest, we don't want a coach who dicks around sending messages through beat writers. Much better to have one that sends his message face-to-face and through playing time and roster spots. I want to see how this stuff bears out in the off-season, and if there are some surprise cuts that may reveal where the dissension emanates from.

It's pretty clear, going all the way back to the Geno punch - that there's a pretty weighted presence of punk bitch in this locker room. It needs to be purged. Which is unfortunate, because Mac + Bowles already inherited as shallow a roster as possible.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Or perhaps he believes that calling them out in the media is only going to exacerbate the problem. Either way, it's naive for smart fans to think that what Bowles says in press conferences is the whole picture. Extremely naive.

I get being angry, but let's be honest, we don't want a coach who dicks around sending messages through beat writers. Much better to have one that sends his message face-to-face and through playing time and roster spots. I want to see how this stuff bears out in the off-season, and if there are some surprise cuts that may reveal where the dissension emanates from.

Respect what you're saying.  But in my heart, I don't believe Bowles has the sophistication to do the things behind the scenes you're suggesting.  I truly believe (just my opinion) that Bowles is way out of his depth as HC.

Just now, munchmemory said:

Respect what you're saying.  But in my heart, I don't believe Bowles has the sophistication to do the things behind the scenes you're suggesting.  I truly believe (just my opinion) that Bowles is way out of his depth as HC.

He very well may be, but Bowles not  having the chops and this lockerroom being full of sh*t heels aren't mutually exclusive... if both are factors, then maybe that's why it's SO bad.

Just now, munchmemory said:

There are many things that I believe were simply out of Bowles control, however, one thing that I absolutely put on him is how he lost the team. These guys are not playing for him. Look at the Cleveland Browns. These guys won just 1 game, yet they've been competitive in every game this season and believed in what the coach was preaching. These guys won that game and were truly proud of themselves. There are ways you win and ways you lose. The more I see this season unfold the more I have to give credit to the guys calling for Bowles job. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

There are many things that I believe were simply out of Bowles control, however, one thing that I absolutely put on him is how he lost the team. These guys are not playing for him. Look at the Cleveland Browns. These guys won just 1 game, yet they've been competitive in every game this season and believed in what the coach was preaching. These guys won that game and were truly proud of themselves. There are ways you win and ways you lose. The more I see this season unfold the more I have to give credit to the guys calling for Bowles job. 

Pretty much how I feel, too.  It's like the team is sleepwalking through games.  

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's pretty clear, going all the way back to the Geno punch - that there's a pretty weighted presence of punk bitch in this locker room. It needs to be purged. Which is unfortunate, because Mac + Bowles already inherited as shallow a roster as possible.

Some valid points but Bowles has had several occasions this year to make a point or send a message and he has failed every time.

Wilk and Richardson sit for one quarter for being late to meetings "repeatedly"

Revis dogs it each week yet still starts

Fitz makes remarks regarding coaching and ownership yet nothing happens

Leo makes reference to the team not being ready to play and he covers it up

How can anyone have any confidence that Bowles will be able to change the culture when he appears to be a part of the problem, not the solution?

I think the problem is you have guys who has played in meaningful games (Decker, Revis, Mangold), and guys who want to play in meaningful games (Marshall, Skrine, Fitz) who are in the twilight of their careers and want to make the playoffs.  They do NOT want Hack/Petty playing.  They want the Vets out their trying to just make the playoffs.  Problem is, this team needs to commit to playing the young guys to see what they have.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. The optimist in me wants to attribute this sh*t to a reversion to Rex's "whatever we did was good enough, moral victory, give no ****s" culture. Especially since it seems like Rex guys are the driving force behind this sentiment.

I don't know though. It sucks. I really hoped Bowles would be decent.

2 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Some valid points but Bowles has had several occasions this year to make a point or send a message and he has failed every time.

Wilk and Richardson sit for one quarter for being late to meetings "repeatedly"

Revis dogs it each week yet still starts

Fitz makes remarks regarding coaching and ownership yet nothing happens

Leo makes reference to the team not being ready to play and he covers it up

How can anyone have any confidence that Bowles will be able to change the culture when he appears to be a part of the problem, not the solution?

I can't argue with any of this. I've shared the same position as you and many others regarding each example. I'm just exercising some optimism given that he doesn't look like he's being fired.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I agree. The optimist in me wants to attribute this sh*t to a reversion to Rex's "whatever we did was good enough, moral victory, give no ****s" culture. Especially since it seems like Rex guys are the driving force behind this sentiment.

I don't know though. It sucks. I really hoped Bowles would be decent.

When I first heard people calling for Bowles job I thought it was preposterous, the what I've been seeing from this team the past month I have to say that these guys have a point. Im not saying that im calling for his job, but if he is fired I think it would be for a valid reason. One thing to have a bad season, its another for this locker room to be in the shape that its in right now. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't argue with any of this. I've shared the same position as you and many others regarding each example. I'm just exercising some optimism given that he doesn't look like he's being fired.

I hear ya. I wouldnt buy into the Myers article though. I'm not convinced he's back until I hear Woody say it.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

When I first heard people calling for Bowles job I thought it was preposterous, the what I've been seeing from this team the past month I have to say that these guys have a point. Im not saying that im calling for his job, but if he is fired I think it would be for a valid reason. One thing to have a bad season, its another for this locker room to be in the shape that its in right now. 

Exactly. I look at it the same way, at this point. I don't want to have to endure several more years of "seeing if" Bowles gets it.

Rookie head coaches + the Jets + Jet fans = a cycle of hope, excuse making, waiting to see if he gets it, calling for his firing... over and over.

I'd love to get a guy in here that doesn't come with the stipulation of needing to learn the job while doing it. I'll get ripped for this, but if Marvin Lewis shakes loose in Cincy, I'd snatch him up immediately. He's good at running the overall operation, has shown he can identify quality talent in players and assistants, and coaches up his coordinators. Rex, Bowles, Mangini barely had a handle on sh*t. None of them coached up their staff, which is why Beli is so ******* good.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No. This team that loved Rex Ryan but dislikes Todd Bowles? Then the Jets have the wrong players. It's easier to blame one guy for not being able to control 53, but he shouldn't have to. These are grown men. They shouldn't have to be babysat. It's their job to perform and be decent humans. A few of them are failing both of those things. If you need a coach to motivate you and get you up on Sunday, you're in the wrong business. The toxic culture of Rex Ryan still lingers with some of these players. They'll be gone soon enough and the culture will change. It's not an overnight job. I'm not sure Bowles is the right coach for this team yet, but I know a bunch of players who aren't. 

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly. I look at it the same way, at this point. I don't want to have to endure several more years of "seeing if" Bowles gets it.

Rookie head coaches + the Jets + Jet fans = a cycle of hope, excuse making, waiting to see if he gets it, calling for his firing... over and over.

I'd love to get a guy in here that doesn't come with the stipulation of needing to learn the job while doing it. I'll get ripped for this, but if Marvin Lewis shakes loose in Cincy, I'd snatch him up immediately. He's good at running the overall operation, has shown he can identify quality talent in players and assistants, and coaches up his coordinators. Rex, Bowles, Mangini barely had a handle on sh*t. None of them coached up their staff, which is why Beli is so ******* good.

How would you feel about giving Lewis "Head of Football Operations" or GM status?  With absolute power.  The Lewis as HC concept scares me a bit as he's lost a bunch of key games with great players. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. This team that loved Rex Ryan but dislikes Todd Bowles? Then the Jets have the wrong players. It's easier to blame one guy for not being able to control 53, but he shouldn't have to. These are grown men. They shouldn't have to be babysat. It's their job to perform and be decent humans. A few of them are failing both of those things. If you need a coach to motivate you and get you up on Sunday, you're in the wrong business. The toxic culture of Rex Ryan still lingers with some of these players. They'll be gone soon enough and the culture will change. It's not an overnight job. I'm not sure Bowles is the right coach for this team yet, but I know a bunch of players who aren't. 

Whats most astonishing to me is they practice every day to get these results.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

How would you feel about giving Lewis "Head of Football Operations" or GM status?  With absolute power.  The Lewis as HC scares me a bit as he's lost a bunch of key games with great players. 

I dunno... it would depend on the job description.

I'm of the mindset of, can we start by just finding a HC who can fill the job description of HC? Then can we surround him with capable roles like "HoFO" and GM? I'm tired of fans having to endure Woody's ego-driven hunt for the next great coach.... because that's what is going on here. He's trying to find the next Beli because Beli leaving haunts him.

54 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

This is also the guy who says there are no communication issues...after the entire team cites communication issues for their failures.

5 minutes ago, August said:

I need to know what was said first. I find it hard to believe that players would be upset at Marshall for trying to fire up the team. 

My guess Marshall said something like the level of effort was embarrassing.

I also would prefer the facts first, but since we are not likely to get them (and as I have stated in another thread). Two guys get into an argument. You don't know the facts. One of the guys is Sheldon. If you have to jump to a conclusion, whose side do you take?

I been watching Jets football for 20 years and there is "something" wrong with this team, you can see it, almost smell it. I can't put my finger on it but def there is something wrong in the locker room, no motivation, consistent slow starts, not able to adapt, no resiliency. Not a team I want to go to war with for sure.  

I like Brandon Marshall. 

I don't like Sheldumb at all.  In fact, I can't stand him.

Nevertheless, whatever happened in the locker room leads me to the conclusion that basically all of these veterans have to go. 

With the exception of James Carpenter...  dump them all.

Archived