Allegedly the team is upset with Marshall for trying to fire them up

jett

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or perhaps he believes that calling them out in the media is only going to exacerbate the problem. Either way, it's naive for smart fans to think that what Bowles says in press conferences is the whole picture. Extremely naive.

I get being angry, but let's be honest, we don't want a coach who dicks around sending messages through beat writers. Much better to have one that sends his message face-to-face and through playing time and roster spots. I want to see how this stuff bears out in the off-season, and if there are some surprise cuts that may reveal where the dissension emanates from.

It's pretty clear, going all the way back to the Geno punch - that there's a pretty weighted presence of punk bitch in this locker room. It needs to be purged. Which is unfortunate, because Mac + Bowles already inherited as shallow a roster as possible.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Brandon Marshall once had to be physically restrained from punching Robbie Gould, but yeah, he's the real hero here.

Yes, but he has owned up to being an a-hole when he was a young guy and very open about it. The guys cares, wants to win and is embarrassed by this mess. At a loss how a halftime speech asking the rest of the team to show some pride was somehow a bad thing. 

31 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How would you feel about giving Lewis "Head of Football Operations" or GM status?  With absolute power.  The Lewis as HC concept scares me a bit as he's lost a bunch of key games with great players. 

and his qualifications as far as this role would be ???

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Yes, but he has owned up to being an a-hole when he was a young guy and very open about it. The guys cares, wants to win and is embarrassed by this mess. At a loss how a halftime speech asking the rest of the team to show some pride was somehow a bad thing. 

Some us actually hate on BM not for his attitude here, which has been nothing short of stellar (remember BM was the one low key player on the Jets warning about a let down against Buffalo last year!!), but rather what he did as a rookie and so on do to his documented medical condition!!!

Another group of us are upset that he lobbied for Fitz!

I say so what!!

Players lobby for other players ALL THE TIME!!!

It is no big deal.  What is a big deal is that management and the HC have let it appear to the fans and the team that the lobbying had some kind of effect!!

When you have the coach paraphrasing Decker, Marshall and Mangold on Fitz then you have a perception problem at the least and inmates running the asylum at worst.

That is not on the players or BM but on the coaching staff and the Jets organization as a whole.

As fans, it is simple, we eat our own..................

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

My guess Marshall said something like the level of effort was embarrassing.

I also would prefer the facts first, but since we are not likely to get them (and as I have stated in another thread). Two guys get into an argument. You don't know the facts. One of the guys is Sheldon. If you have to jump to a conclusion, whose side do you take?

I agree it had to have been something specific that triggered the controversy. 

of course they are, they have been lulled into a coma by their comatose coach who has no fire that gets anyone excited.  Bowles sucks and as for the rest of the paycheck casher's who are upset, they can point right to their leader, Todd "no fire" Bowles.  

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, pissed off that someone cares?

wow this team is a mess... why don't they get pissed off that they are a bunch of dogs getting rolled by every team they play?

******* priorities, man.

Apparently Marshall made a fool out of himself at halftime.  This is what Richardson was referring to when he said that Marshall should be embarrassed.  

I'm not surprised.  If you remember, Marshall made a fool of himself on SNY after a loss earlier this season.  

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly. I look at it the same way, at this point. I don't want to have to endure several more years of "seeing if" Bowles gets it.

Rookie head coaches + the Jets + Jet fans = a cycle of hope, excuse making, waiting to see if he gets it, calling for his firing... over and over.

I'd love to get a guy in here that doesn't come with the stipulation of needing to learn the job while doing it. I'll get ripped for this, but if Marvin Lewis shakes loose in Cincy, I'd snatch him up immediately. He's good at running the overall operation, has shown he can identify quality talent in players and assistants, and coaches up his coordinators. Rex, Bowles, Mangini barely had a handle on sh*t. None of them coached up their staff, which is why Beli is so ******* good.

Nothing wrong with Marvin Lewis.  He's turned a historically bad franchise into a consistent winner.  There's only so much a coach can do.  The rest is up to the scouting department, GM, players, etc.

They used to say Kubiak couldn't win anything and that he underachieved with the Texans.  Then he goes to the Broncos and wins a SB.  

16 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Nothing wrong with Marvin Lewis.  He's turned a historically bad franchise into a consistent winner.  There's only so much a coach can do.  The rest is up to the scouting department, GM, players, etc.

They used to say Kubiak couldn't win anything and that he underachieved with the Texans.  Then he goes to the Broncos and wins a SB.  

Has Marvin Lewis been Fired  ?

And there in lies the big problem, there's no leadership on this team. The vets who were the reason they went 10-6 last year, simply failed miserably to deliver the goods. Just how many of them took countless practice days off this season only to show up to play half-asset on Sundays? Here comes the dirty laundry....

40 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Apparently Marshall made a fool out of himself at halftime.  This is what Richardson was referring to when he said that Marshall should be embarrassed.  

I'm not surprised.  If you remember, Marshall made a fool of himself on SNY after a loss earlier this season.  

Yes, and Sheldon say "**** this game" a week or so ago. Sheldon's context for what Marshall should be embarrassed about means nothing to me. 

36 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Agreed.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Has there ever been a less likable Jets team ever?

I liked Bowles last year when we went 10-7 and missed the playoffs by one game.

I am wondering if that was an aberration and/or dumb luck.

If he talks to the team and tries to motivate them using the same tone he uses in the post game and other interviews, he won't fire up anybody.

Seems like he's in a coma when he talks to the press.

I'm sorry but I would have a little more respect for him if he busted some chairs in the locker room after some of these games where we get our heads handed to us.

5 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I liked Bowles last year when we went 10-7 and missed the playoffs by one game.

I am wondering if that was an aberration and/or dumb luck.

If he talks to the team and tries to motivate them using the same tone he uses in the post game and other interviews, he won't fire up anybody.

Seems like he's in a coma when he talks to the press.

I'm sorry but I would have a little more respect for him if he busted some chairs in the locker room after some of these games where we get our heads handed to us.

So you would have more respect for the HC if he acted like an ass hat in front of the media so they can tell you about it instead of dealing with his players behind close doors where the media can't see and tell you .

How else would you know how Coach Bowles deals with his team ?

If it's not about the fans, it's wrong .  Why didn't you folks tell me  ?

47 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

So you would have more respect for the HC if he acted like an ass hat in front of the media so they can tell you about it instead of dealing with his players behind close doors where the media can't see and tell you .

How else would you know how Coach Bowles deals with his team ?

If it's not about the fans, it's wrong .  Why didn't you folks tell me  ?

We don't know.

But if uses the same comatose tone with the players as he does with the media, that will not motivate anyone.

I would like to see a pulse, more emotion, more energy out of him, especially after these devastating losses.

I mean this has been a horrible season.  And after all the work he has put in practicing every day?

I'd be fit to be tied.  But that's just me.

17 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

We don't know.

But if uses the same comatose tone with the players as he does with the media, that will not motivate anyone.

I would like to see a pulse, more emotion, more energy out of him, especially after these devastating losses.

I mean this has been a horrible season.  And after all the work he has put in practicing every day?

I'd be fit to be tied.  But that's just me.

Why, Is he coaching you  ?   You have no Idea, Unless you do, how the coaching staff handles the players .  

1 minute ago, Flushing Roots said:

At 4-11, I'd say the coaching staff has done a poor job coaching.

So would I, but what does that have to do with the on Camera demeanor of the Coach . There's not a media person or fan that can say Todd Bowles is not the same person win loose or draw . Now his players might see a different person, but it's also a credit to the staff and Regime that the fans and the media can only speculate .  As it should be, everything has been keep in house .

I find it funny that Willie Colon, the king of the holding call has the nerve to talk about production and how that gives you the right to talk .  When you stop listening to the leaders in your locker room, it's time to find another . 

Marshall is rarely on the practice field. He lives in Brooklyn and is on national TV every week.

He also checked out on the season weeks ago.

My theory is that he was just the wrong guy to be pulling that rah-rah BS.  His teammates hate him.

Bowles has not shown anything in 2 years that shows that he is learning how to be a good HC. He fails to prepare proper game plans (ex: us starting slow every single game), he fails to make necessary adjustments at halftime (ex: the amount of times we've been embarrassed in the second half), he fails to get his team mentally and emotionally ready for a game (ex: the energy and attitude of the team in general)...his clock management is poor, his personnel decisions are poor (who to play and on what downs/positions), and his ability to control the lockeroom is possibly the worst in the league. 

He isn't getting better, he's getting worse. There is absolutely no reason to keep him around. He needs to go, 75% of the team needs to go, and we need to get somebody in the front office that can assist Macc and Woody in making proper football/personnel/contract/draft decisions. I know that is the GM's job, but maybe part of our problem is that we are giving too much responsibility to just 1 guy and should try to switch things up by getting 2 guys in there that each have their own areas of strength that compliment each other. The old way is OBVIOUSLY not working for us, why not switch it up. 

This franchise is on its way to becoming the Cleveland Browns very quickly...

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, and Sheldon say "**** this game" a week or so ago. Sheldon's context for what Marshall should be embarrassed about means nothing to me. 

Agreed.

No, but apparently a bunch of guys did not like what Marshall said.  Sheldon just made the comment that Marshall should be embarrassed.  He didn't actually reveal what was said.  Everyone wants to hate on Sheldon, so anytime he says something -- whether right or wrong -- he gets killed.  

7 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

No, but apparently a bunch of guys did not like what Marshall said.  Sheldon just made the comment that Marshall should be embarrassed.  He didn't actually reveal what was said.  Everyone wants to hate on Sheldon, so anytime he says something -- whether right or wrong -- he gets killed.  

Sheldon took it to the press. He didn't need to. That's not a football player, it's a bitch. He could have just sorted it with Marshall.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Sheldon took it to the press. He didn't need to. That's not a football player, it's a bitch. He could have just sorted it with Marshall.

Those two can't even speak to each other.  That confrontation would end with Marshall on season ending IR.

And just for the record, neither guy is disliked in the locker room. 

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. This team that loved Rex Ryan but dislikes Todd Bowles? Then the Jets have the wrong players. It's easier to blame one guy for not being able to control 53, but he shouldn't have to. These are grown men. They shouldn't have to be babysat. It's their job to perform and be decent humans. A few of them are failing both of those things. If you need a coach to motivate you and get you up on Sunday, you're in the wrong business. The toxic culture of Rex Ryan still lingers with some of these players. They'll be gone soon enough and the culture will change. It's not an overnight job. I'm not sure Bowles is the right coach for this team yet, but I know a bunch of players who aren't. 

I would agree with this.  While I am not sold on Bowles, its not the coaches job to babysit and get you up for games.  If you can't motivate yourself so you don't embarrass yourself on a weekly basis, then you should flip burgers for a living and not make a 7-digit income.

There are a handful of leftovers from the Ryan era that need to be gone.  I would bet some things change when that happens.

The fact that Calvin Pryor and Sheldon Richardson (two players I hope never play for this team again) are complaining, automatically validates Brandon Marshall for me.

Not that any of this matters. This is what happens when you're terrible. But at least someone on the team showed that they actually care about the damn games.

Archived