17 FA QB's

kevinc855

Take a look folks. Reality is Petty is terrible, we are cutting Fitz and Geno, who the hell knows about mystery man Hack. We need to bring in a veteran for 17 to take the reins over for another year. I really don't know what Macs QB end game is (hoping Hack can develop) but take your pick.

I think Barkley (Bears) has played well and interested in seeing what McGloin does in Oakland.

There is some untapped talent on this list..............

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petty has been running for his life on a team that gave up. Not posting gaudy stats, but not terrible (in context) either. He's behind where he should be, given the 4 QBs giving him less reps in preseason, the injury making him miss most of his 2nd season, and that he was only given a shot after everything was a disaster around him. Personally, I believe there's more to unpack with him. He was a 2-year project. He has really only had 1 and 1/3 years to take reps, and they have always been limited. 

Next year is decision year with him. Frankly, I don't really trust Bowles ability to gauge Petty's ceiling. I'd like to see Petty and Hack with an offensive-minded, experienced HC. Or an OC that doesn't run a system that is 4-wide all the time. It's absurd. 

Barkley threw 5 INTs in his most recent game. That's terrible.

I look at that list and it's led by :

Glennon  - He's going to demand a big pay day that I'm not interested in paying

Yates - He's going to be 30 yrs old and has had a spotty career. If he took a contract like Fitzpatrick signed for his 1st yr, he's an option . 

Smith - Why ?

Barkley -  The Bears are going to tender that kid

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Kellen Clemens might be the most attainable, lowest-risk players on that list. He'll be cheap, he'll be modestly productive, and he won't create drama if Petty or Hack beat him. A lot of that list is tragic. LOL

I'd rather your fat ass QB the team then Kellen ******* Clemens.

Petty wasn't ready to play this year, and the coaching staff had no desire to play him. They figured Fitz would be good enough and if not Geno would finish the year. But then he got hurt.

Petty looked ok for someone who is still learning. The jurys not out on him. But we do need to sign some cheap vet to compete.

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

No. We have been running band aids from FA for years. We need to draft a guy in the first round. We finally have a top 5 pick, use it on a QB. Trade up if you have to. Every FA is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Many people feel that this is a very weak year for QBs. So, we should give up the store to move from 5 to 2 to draft a guy that would most likely drop until the 2nd or 3rd round next year based on the QB talent. No thanks.

Most people keep clamoring for a complete rebuild. In a complete rebuild you don't blow multiple 1st round picks to move up on a huge reach at QB. If we are in a rebuild, then trade away this years 1st for a first next year (and other stuff). Draft well this year, and next year use the 2 firsts (and whatever else) to move up and grab a real QB prospect. Or, draft well build a team and hope that either Hack or Petty make due or draft again 2018 the best you can.

Cousins is the only one on the list worth anything.

Glennon and Manuel might be worth adding to the QB room. 

Other than that, it's all bunk. Might as well roll with your own project QBs rather than displacing them for other team's failed project QBs.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lets not re-sign the best QB we have on the roster in Geno and hopefully sign some other teams trash.  Good plan!

I don't think he'd come back to us, even if we offered the most money. So, I scratched him off the list first.

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

No. We have been running band aids from FA for years. We need to draft a guy in the first round. We finally have a top 5 pick, use it on a QB. Trade up if you have to. Every FA is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

no way you draft a qb this year. None stand out. Plus we need to trade to move up some for the best available. No thanks.

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Petty wasn't ready to play this year, and the coaching staff had no desire to play him. They figured Fitz would be good enough and if not Geno would finish the year. But then he got hurt.

Petty looked ok for someone who is still learning. The jurys not out on him. But we do need to sign some cheap vet to compete.

Petty had 2 years to learn and still cant read a defense, apparently can not play in the elements and makes to many just awful throws. Sure he has some good ones, there is a reason he was drafted, but starter material? Nah not happening.

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Kellen Clemens might be the most attainable, lowest-risk players on that list. He'll be cheap, he'll be modestly productive, and he won't create drama if Petty or Hack beat him. A lot of that list is tragic. LOL

Which list are you referring to, the QB list posted or our roster?

The only guys on that list I have interest in is Glennon. But at the right price.

I'm assuming Cousins isn't going to be available.

I'm hoping the Bills cut Tyrod and the Jets look into him. The guys not a bad player at all. He completes over 60% of his passes, is mobile, and doesn't turn the football over.

He's the perfect guy for the Jets to go after this off season if he's available. The draft doesn't have any can't miss QB prospects available for the Jets to go after. I'd love to see them sign Tyrod and draft another QB in the middle rounds with the hope somebody develops behind Taylor.

I'm all for purging the roster, signing Taylor to be my QB, and going from there.

Riddle me this Batman! Why is Hack a bust because we drafted him in the 2nd and decided to red-shirt him without ever taking a snap? Why is Petty a bust for playing behind a crappy OL on a sh**ty team? But, Geno is still considered an option after two crappy seasons?

Geno was drafted early in the 2nd round. He slipped to the 2nd round for a reason. Yeah, he had some crappy WRs and a crappy team, but he was at the bottom of the league both years. Why is having a crappy team a valid excuse to give Geno another chance after 2 years of bad play, but it isn't a valid excuse for a young player to play poorly on his first 4 starts? And, why in the world is Hack a bust because he had the audacity to be drafted in the 2nd, and not be ready to play?

Sorry, hopefully for Geno he will get another chance to prove it was the Jets and not him and maybe a change of scenery will help him out. But, it is time to move on. And why in the world would he want to stay here? Crappy OL, fans that hate him, not the current GM's pick. Geno just won't hunt here. Time to move on.

20 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Riddle me this Batman! Why is Hack a bust because we drafted him in the 2nd and decided to red-shirt him without ever taking a snap? Why is Petty a bust for playing behind a crappy OL on a sh**ty team? But, Geno is still considered an option after two crappy seasons?

Geno was drafted early in the 2nd round. He slipped to the 2nd round for a reason. Yeah, he had some crappy WRs and a crappy team, but he was at the bottom of the league both years. Why is having a crappy team a valid excuse to give Geno another chance after 2 years of bad play, but it isn't a valid excuse for a young player to play poorly on his first 4 starts? And, why in the world is Hack a bust because he had the audacity to be drafted in the 2nd, and not be ready to play?

Sorry, hopefully for Geno he will get another chance to prove it was the Jets and not him and maybe a change of scenery will help him out. But, it is time to move on. And why in the world would he want to stay here? Crappy OL, fans that hate him, not the current GM's pick. Geno just won't hunt here. Time to move on.

Geno had to play his rookie and second years with no development. Petty sat for nearly 2 years being "developed" and still is far from ready... not to mention he gets injured every time he plays. I thought RGIII's fragility was just him but now with Petty who played at Baylor for Art Briles like RGIII and who gets hurt every time he plays like RGIII I have to wonder how bad was the strength and conditioning program at Baylor...

15 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Geno had to play his rookie and second years with no development. Petty sat for nearly 2 years being "developed" and still is far from ready... not to mention he gets injured every time he plays. I thought RGIII's fragility was just him but now with Petty who played at Baylor for Art Briles like RGIII and who gets hurt every time he plays like RGIII I have to wonder how bad was the strength and conditioning program at Baylor...

Piss on Petty all you want - many here would agree with you. Either way, Geno had more than enough chances to improve including a year went he got to sit and watch Fitz. He is done here.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Take a look folks. Reality is Petty is terrible, we are cutting Fitz and Geno, who the hell knows about mystery man Hack. We need to bring in a veteran for 17 to take the reins over for another year. I really don't know what Macs QB end game is (hoping Hack can develop) but take your pick.

I think Barkley (Bears) has played well and interested in seeing what McGloin does in Oakland.

There is some untapped talent on this list..............

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

FUUUUCK Nooooo..

No more hold the fort veteran QBs. Develop Petty, Hack and a draftee. Signing veteran QBs is stupid. Period, and a great way to stay mediocre. 

No. Just stop the madneas. They are FA for a reaon. They are NOT the guy

Archived