Brandon shell

Jets Daily Dosage.

On December 23, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Gas2No99 said:

I think Shell will be sufficient as a RT and WORST case scenario he can become an excellent back-up SWING tackle providing quality depth - not bad for a 5th rounder who cost us a '17 4th round pick (aka the no quality stud OLine draft). The Shell and Hackenberg picks represent MacCags selecting physical specimens that fit the ideal of the designated position - RT & QB - but need to be coached up and learn the speed of the pro level - no one's knocked their pedigree and attitudes thus far. Yeah there's valid criticism of possible over reach, but if he HITS on these guys "getting it" in the Pros, then it's a JACKPOT of a HEIST - ESPECIALLY if he hits on a Franchise QB. I can see the scout in him willing to take a gamble on guys who fit the bill. 

People tend to dump on the Jordan Jenkins pick, but he has been rather decent considering he's a neophyte that didn't play until week 4 - IIRC. He'll improve in setting the edge as he gets more wet behind the ears - he's holding up decently as a NFL starter selected in the 3rd round, he'll only improve. #48 has been equal to if not better than the man he replaced - Calvin Pace - at 1/17th of the comparative salary. Lee is another contributor who will only get better - as long as he learns to turn his FRIGGIN!:angry: head - and physical bigger/stronger in the coming years. People like what Burris has shown and he's a 4th rounder who MAY end up being our future free safety. 

Mac has built up - and needs to continue doing so -  some decent quality depth at key positions that are now younger and cheaper: DL - Simon, Williamso; WR-Anderson, Peake, Marshall; LB-Mauldin, Jenkins, Lee. Not every pick is a homerun, but his picks HAVE started to contribute in some form and will do more so as the roster is purged of the excessive salaries next spring. Look at how many of Idzik's and Tanny's POST-2008 picks are STILL on the team, let alone the NFL. I can't complain THUS FAR of how Macs picks have contributed when compared to his recent predecessors.

For every cry baby lamenting over the HORRIBLE picks of Devin Smith! Jarvis Harrison! even the YET TO BE SEEN HAckenberg! I'd say take a strong look at how HORRIBLY DEPLETED of TALENT this team was when Mac took over in January 2015 and how it is better stocked in talent to compete in the conference. So WHIFFING on 2 picks (and Anderson/Marshall/Peake make Smith a WASH) isn't too shabby. That's why the season has been so frustrating, the TALENT has NOT played up to its fans' expectations and standards, let alone the players' respective salaries that are not deserved for 2016. Oh yeah, and we found our (worst case scenario)  back-up QB of the future in Petty. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Pcola said:

So was he not in or not responsible for blocking Wake or Suh on the play where Petty got "helocoptored?"

He was in but as has been stated numerous times the center snapped the ball early and 4 of the 5 linemen had no time to react.  That's not on him or the other 4 linemen.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He looks like he is showing real imporvment form pre season, he's the one that got petty killed the 1st time.

according to shell and others his asignment was to block inside on that play.  no telling if he should've forced a change of blocking assignments so someone was on wake.  shell's got the right size for the position and he just has to learn.  and petty needs to learn about blocking assignments and avoiding the rush.

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

What we need is to quit blaming the current regime for the last 40 years . It took 40 + years to create this mess, but a new regime is supposed to fix it in 1 yr . 

Its great that Shell has been doing well, but can we stop pretending we just won the SB? This regime is responsible for pretty much every mess we have had this year (Mo, Mevis, Sh!tzpatrick, B'Rick).

i am optimistic about the jets future because of 2 events

1. After 25 + years of inept player evaluation 1st thing Macc did was fire Terry Bradway.....kicker in round 2 for godsake

2.  After the 1st Macc draft Macc was busy putting togther a new group of scouts see link.  I think this past draft we saw some dividends from that with the likes of shell, peake, anderson, jmarshal, and other udfa's...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-Reorganize-College-Scouting-Staff/a00a900e-1363-44fe-8a2c-bbe6cdbb4bc1

So I am anxious to see wha this group will come up with in this next upcoming draft and udfa.

Thanks for posting this. As ugly as its been you can't deny some young talent has emerged in shell, Anderson, Lee, Wesley Johnson at center, Burris at cb. We get to add two more top 40 picks this year, this team may go through a rough patch but the 2020's may be our decade 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Chargers were one of the softest defenses in football when Gilchrist was starting there? That was a strange free agent grab. Guy is soft as charmin. They also redid Skrines contract so I think he's back albeit in a roll more suited to his strengths (nickel/dime slot).

Jets need to go after Gilmore from Buffalo. Love his toughness. I know Jet fans might lose their sh*t but don't be surprised in a sign Gilmore, draft Jabrill Peppers scenario. We have GOT to get tougher on the backend of our defense.

Understatement of the decade.

The defense this year was an embarrassment. The most embarrassing displays of professionalism I've ever seen in all my days as a jets fan. 

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

and '15 draft...Harrison washed out..Smith are Petty are still TBD. However, it seems so far MM hit on Leo, Mauldin and Simon

Don't forget Lawrence Thomas, a FA this year who will likely be a primary backup next year along the line. 

22 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Don't forget Lawrence Thomas, a FA this year who will likely be a primary backup next year along the line. 

There's another kid that the team stashed on the injured reserved quickly also. Obioha, Julien is an UDFA that the Jets signed and put on injured reserve I think before the 1st preseason game . Waved August 8th and placed on IR August 10th . What UDRFA do you keep on injured reserve all yr  ?

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/The-Ball-Just-Seems-to-Find-Julien-Obioha-/ca82c3ea-0d06-400c-9642-4f70a06ef877

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Obioha-Re-Signed-Placed-on-IR/b6ccf6fc-2074-4a9e-b03f-bf9416f731c1

14 hours ago, Tinstar said:

There's another kid that the team stashed on the injured reserved quickly also. Obioha, Julien is an UDFA that the Jets signed and put on injured reserve I think before the 1st preseason game . Waved August 8th and placed on IR August 10th . What UDRFA do you keep on injured reserve all yr  ?

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/The-Ball-Just-Seems-to-Find-Julien-Obioha-/ca82c3ea-0d06-400c-9642-4f70a06ef877

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Obioha-Re-Signed-Placed-on-IR/b6ccf6fc-2074-4a9e-b03f-bf9416f731c1

If Wilkerson is sh*tastic again next year, he can be released after the season with minimal cap damage. Thomas might be an internal candidate to replace him heading into 2018. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

If Wilkerson is sh*tastic again next year, he can be released after the season with minimal cap damage. Thomas might be an internal candidate to replace him heading into 2018. 

I think a big part of the Jets defensive scheme was lost when that Kid Lawrence Thomas got hurt . From my vantage point here in magnolia, it look like the jets were planning on using him as an Inside rusher and as an end in their 43 scheme packages . But I'm a fan, what the frill do I know  . 

22 hours ago, Tinstar said:

who's your pick as of today if available  ?

It's hard without workouts etc but the Jets sit at 6 overall 

These are the 10 or so prospects l I would look closely at this early stage: 

DE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M (should be gone) 

QB Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame (likely top 5) 

QB Mitch Trubisky, UNC (might not be worth the pick) 

RB Leonard Fournette, LSU (ankle injury?) 

RB Dalvin Cook, FSU (could be cleaner than Fournette) 

DE Carl Lawson, Auburn (underrated but should rise) 

CB Marlon Humphries, Alabama (Alabama CB scare me Dee Milliner) 

S Jabrill Peppers, Michigan

S Jamar Adams, LSU

S Malik Hooker, Ohio State 

DT Jonathan allen, Alabama is in the mix as is ILB Rueben Foster, ALabama but not positions of need for the Jets. Cam Robinson is probably the first tackle taken but not until about 20 or so. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

S Jamar Adams, LSU

DT Jonathan allen, Alabama is in the mix as is ILB Rueben Foster, ALabama but not positions of need for the Jets. Cam Robinson is probably the first tackle taken but not until about 20 or so. 

The only player on your list that really interest me is Myles Garrett and I'm warming up to him . I see the speed, but not the strength  .  Once again. it's going to be interesting with the Jets come draft day .

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The only player on your list that really interest me is Myles Garrett and I'm warming up to him . I see the speed, but not the strength  .  Once again. it's going to be interesting with the Jets come draft day .

Garrett is basically like a buffed up Johnny Abe. But he won't make it to 6 probably. 

it's hard to judge these DBs especially without workouts. The JEts could use an Eric Berry type, the coverage might have been the worst part of the team this season. 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Garrett is basically like a buffed up Johnny Abe. But he won't make it to 6 probably. 

it's hard to judge these DBs especially without workouts. The JEts could use an Eric Berry type, the coverage might have been the worst part of the team this season. 

Don't get me wrong, I love what Peppers have to offer, but I just can't see using that pick on a safety .

P.S.  You really have Kizer rated that highly

22 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Don't get me wrong, I love what Peppers have to offer, but I just can't see using that pick on a safety .

P.S.  You really have Kizer rated that highly

Honestly I'm a lineman guy. If others say Kizer/Trubisky is worth that pick, I'm not going to bash the Jets for taking a big swing for the fences. I mean, the QBing can't get any worse. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Honestly I'm a lineman guy. If others say Kizer/Trubisky is worth that pick, I'm not going to bash the Jets for taking a big swing for the fences. I mean, the QBing can't get any worse. 

I'm going to say something and it really doesn't matter how it sounds .  This area is not ready for another Black QB project, I would be more than ok if the Jets took Trubisky, but I would be sadden if we took Kizer  .

This  statement makes me sad for our country .

19 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I'm going to say something and it really doesn't matter how it sounds .  This area is not ready for another Black QB project, I would be more than ok if the Jets took Trubisky, but I would be sadden if we took Kizer  .

This  statement makes me sad for our country .

People didn't hate Geno because he was black. They hated him because he stunk. 

there's a difference between Kizer in the top 5 and Geno in round 2.

Honestly I don't think the Jets will have the luxury of passing on this player. He's probably going top 5 and the Jets pick 6 right now. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

People didn't hate Geno because he was black. They hated him because he stunk. 

there's a difference between Kizer in the top 5 and Geno in round 2.

Honestly I don't think the Jets will have the luxury of passing on this player. He's probably going top 5 and the Jets pick 6 right now. 

If only that were true  .   Sadly, we both know it's not . Oh, and yes, Geno stunk, but it was not all his fault .

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If only that were true  .   Sadly, we both know it's not . Oh, and yes, Geno stunk, but it was not all his fault .

No, it was all Geno's fault. He's terribad. 

Keep in mind how many Notre Dame fans there are in town. Attitude-wise, Kizer is closer to Russell Wilson than RG3. 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No, it was all Geno's fault. He's terribad. 

Keep in mind how many Notre Dame fans there are in town. Attitude-wise, Kizer is closer to Russell Wilson than RG3. 

Maybe so, but given the choice, I would pick Trubisky . Personally, I hope both are gone  . I really want to take either Cook or Ramzcyk  . 

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Maybe so, but given the choice, I would pick Trubisky . Personally, I hope both are gone  . I really want to take either Cook or Ramzcyk  . 

If the JEts don't find a QB it won't matter how many RBs or OTs they draft.

last year the Cowboys' line was just as good as this year's but they went 4-12 

QBIE 

On 12/30/2016 at 4:20 PM, bitonti said:

S Jamar Adams, LSU

Figures, we're in the top 10 and it's a bunch of RB and S. 

Perhaps this is the year we trade back, maybe a team that is "1 player away" will come up to #6 for one of the RBs.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Figures, we're in the top 10 and it's a bunch of RB and S. 

Perhaps this is the year we trade back, maybe a team that is "1 player away" will come up to #6 for one of the RBs.

It's not a complete list, there are a couple other pass rushers...  like the dude from Tennessee, Derek Barnett.  Taco from Michigan. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's not a complete list, there are a couple other pass rushers...  like the dude from Tennessee, Derek Barnett. 

He just Broke Reggie whites Tennessee team record for career sacks .. can't be that bad. 

What makes me nervous is taking a pass rusher at 6 that's NOT a guy with ALL the tools. If the pass rusher doesn't have all the tools give me Cook. It's gonna be sooo nerve racking cuz we need the OLB pass rusher so bad. 

Btw...Glad to see you posting often, Bit..love talking prospects - it's an annual Jets fan disease.

Archived