Damien Woody rips ex-Jets teammate Darrelle Revis for 'class' comment

Gas2No99

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No but you act like you are. Lets hate the guy because he's having a bad season isn't the entire TEAM having a bad season. 

Dude signed a contract worth $39M guaranteed, showed up FAT, and then quit. All after whoring for the Cheats for a year?

**** that guy. Seriously. He stole more money this year than FitzTragic. Buhbye 

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude signed a contract worth $39M guaranteed, showed up FAT, and then quit. All after whoring for the Cheats for a year?

**** that guy. Seriously. He stole more money this year than FitzTragic. Buhbye 

Many Jets players showed up fat and out of shape and many Jets players remained that way throughout the entire season. 

Blaming Revis individually is wrong the secondary was one of the worst in the NFL I guess he chose the free agents, drafted the players and called the defensive schemes. 

The lack of a legitimate decent pass rush will expose any secondary and any player more so a CB always covering a #1 WR. 

6 hours ago, EM31 said:

Woody is spot on here.

Always liked Woody.  A true professional in his career and dead on here.  As a matter of fact the end of the AFCG era for the Jets was marked by when Woody left.  Regarding Darrell, I defended him for years, but he sucked this year and should just STFU.  Pay me, or your classless, is that the only leverage he has left?  No way he's back here in any capacity unless he gets real and eats some massive amounts of humble pie.   Otherwise see ya......

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP 

What have you done for me lately is no way to treat Jets players especially Darrelle Revis. 

Is it his fault this organization has failed in so many drafts? 

Is it his fault this organization hasnt been able to find  franchise QB?  

is it his fault we always choose the wrong head coach? 

Is it his fault fans must pay for PSL's to get decent season tickets. 

We all work at jobs where we expect to get paid a lot of money, someone signed him someone is paying him. 

Others have held out and I wont mention names and are less NY Jets and less of a player than him yet they continually get a pass from fans always an excuse made. 

Players get older players get slower and theres always someone bigger faster stronger and younger. 

Darrelle Revis for me goes down 1 of the best defensive players to play for the NY Jets maybe he's not the problem and the problem is the coaching staff that is currently 4-11 along with the players. 

If the Jets were winning and getting ready for the playoffs none of this hate would be spewed, 

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP 

What have you done for me lately is no way to treat Jets players especially Darrelle Revis. 

Is it his fault this organization has failed in so many drafts? 

Is it his fault this organization hasnt been able to find  franchise QB?  

is it his fault we always choose the wrong head coach? 

Is it his fault fans must pay for PSL's to get decent season tickets. 

We all work at jobs where we expect to get paid a lot of money, someone signed him someone is paying him. 

Others have held out and I wont mention names and are less NY Jets and less of a player than him yet they continually get a pass from fans always an excuse made. 

Players get older players get slower and theres always someone bigger faster stronger and younger. 

Darrelle Revis for me goes down 1 of the best defensive players to play for the NY Jets maybe he's not the problem and the problem is the coaching staff that is currently 4-11 along with the players. 

If the Jets were winning and getting ready for the playoffs none of this hate would be spewed, 

He was great, no question, but he's being a douche here and he's hurting his legacy.  Go out with class for God sake,  your on the downside of your career, deal with it!  This pay me, or you have no class BS is just juvenile, but it seems to be the only negotiating tactic he has left.  Sad...

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So does Mark Gastineau. Doesn't make either of them less of a dirtbag.

Revis got every dime he could out of this team, acted like a bitch on and off the field when he didn't get his way (holdouts, hammy grabbing), and then pimped himself out for a filthy, meaningless ring he wasn't even invited to receive from the Cheats...and then stole another $40 Million from the Jets only to QUIT on the team and eat himself outta the league. 

Good riddance.

Early on, he was actually underpaid, but he learned how to play the negotiation game.  However, any good negotiator knows you need leverage to win a negotiation and he has none now, so he's resorting to these low class tactics which only serve to undermine his legacy.  The end is near..

with the yr revis had he needs to shut the f up. Talking about class after multiple hold outs and going to play for the ne cheaters and he wants to talk about being one of the best players in history of the team. Sorry but the minute he held out the second time and forced a trade and then showed up fat and out of shape this season...the best players with class shut up and do thier business. Did you ever hear Brick say anything or Mangold? Going back Nboozer, winston? Fields? nope.

Revis you have a long way to go to learn about class

36 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Checkout his wife hope this helps

Image result for damien woody's wife pics

wow Joe willy how wrong are you? Woody has bashed the Jets this season but he has been spot on in his criticism now you attack his wife as well? There you go showing the world what you know about class.

Revis was a great Jet and a Jet on the downside of his career should stfu. He had a bad year no one here can argue that so for him to open his mouth after the year we had shows his lack of class. At least Fitz as bad as he has been has admitted it. Revis could learn something from that

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So does Mark Gastineau. Doesn't make either of them less of a dirtbag.

Revis got every dime he could out of this team, acted like a bitch on and off the field when he didn't get his way (holdouts, hammy grabbing), and then pimped himself out for a filthy, meaningless ring he wasn't even invited to receive from the Cheats...and then stole another $40 Million from the Jets only to QUIT on the team and eat himself outta the league. 

Good riddance.

exactly

Joewilly12 has to be trolling. He can't be this classless.

woody has been brutally honest about the Jets and he's also been an obvious homer. He wants them to do well and when they suck, as usual, he has no choice but to tell it like it is. 

Good for you, Damian woody, now go tweet you want dalvin cook 

I blame mike Francesca. After his rookie year mike had him on. And was gushing over him. I remember mike saying that Rex. Called him the best corner in the league after year 1. And that he should remember that when it comes to negotiations. And believe it or not. Revis was very modest. Saying all he wants to do is play football. Not worried about all that other stuff (money). He kind of felt awkward about it when mike kept pushing that fact that his coach thought so highly of him. And to remember that when it was bargaining time. Mike. Planted that seed. Years ago. Revis perfected it to a T playing the system beautifully. But now his time is up. Great jet. But gotta go. Now go out in class

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

I blame mike Francesca. After his rookie year mike had him on. And was gushing over him. I remember mike saying that Rex. Called him the best corner in the league after year 1. And that he should remember that when it comes to negotiations. And believe it or not. Revis was very modest. Saying all he wants to do is play football. Not worried about all that other stuff (money). He kind of felt awkward about it when mike kept pushing that fact that his coach thought so highly of him. And to remember that when it was bargaining time. Mike. Planted that seed. Years ago. Revis perfected it to a T playing the system beautifully. But now his time is up. Great jet. But gotta go. Now go out in class

You spelled Sean Gilbert wrong.

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

wow Joe willy how wrong are you? Woody has bashed the Jets this season but he has been spot on in his criticism now you attack his wife as well? There you go showing the world what you know about class.

Revis was a great Jet and a Jet on the downside of his career should stfu. He had a bad year no one here can argue that so for him to open his mouth after the year we had shows his lack of class. At least Fitz as bad as he has been has admitted it. Revis could learn something from that

Who's attacking his wife?  Just copy and pasting a picture of her for the guy with the Woody. 

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

with the yr revis had he needs to shut the f up. Talking about class after multiple hold outs and going to play for the ne cheaters and he wants to talk about being one of the best players in history of the team. Sorry but the minute he held out the second time and forced a trade and then showed up fat and out of shape this season...the best players with class shut up and do thier business. Did you ever hear Brick say anything or Mangold? Going back Nboozer, winston? Fields? nope.

Revis you have a long way to go to learn about class

Don't forget Revis badly wanted to hold out a 3rd time (in 2012), and he surely would have if Tannenbaum didn't put that poison pill in his contract. As late as April, IIRC, reporters were asking him if he was going to hold out, and instead of just answering with a, "No way -- of course I'm not holding out!" he gave a wishy-washy "Well, we'll see what happens," type of response. Why? Because he wasn't getting another $16m+ in year 3 of his prior Jets contract. He signed what was effectively a 4 yr/$46m contract, during which he collected $33m over the first 2 years, so he wanted to hold out now that those first 2 seasons were up.

That $46m contract from which he wanted to hold out? It was the contract he held out to get in 2010. Only reason he showed up at all was MT's poison pill. I think it was something like, if he holds out even 1 day then he doesn't get to opt out of the last 3 fluff years at $5m apiece. So in a sense, the deal was 7 years $61m, which Revis could void after 4/$46m if he didn't hold out.

It really burned him that he couldn't, and then started spewing a bunch of things like the Jets promised him they'd tear up his 2010 contract in 2012. Yeah, like why would a team do or promise that? If that was the intention, then the contract would have been 4 yrs $66m instead of 4 yrs $46m. Kudos to MT for that one. There was a lot he didn't get right, but that was one he certainly did.

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mevi$ should man up and retire.  He is now to the CB position what Sanchez was to the QB position.  

That would require a recognition of team, non selfishness and class.   All attributes currently and forever lacking in Revis arsenal.

MEVIS fits him perfectly. 

9 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Revis was the gasoline, and Rex Ryan lit the fire. Rex should have shut his fat mouth.

17 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Except that he is spot-on, direct-hit, 100 percent correct.  Anyone can be a Revis fan, but his comment is down-right stupid.

Class?  Revis might want to look that word up before he uses it.

ON A SIDE NOTE: this is my 1000th post, and I have a 2,674 positive rating.   Therefore, I am averaging 2.674 positive likes per post. 

No one likes Canadiens ....

images.jpg

19 hours ago, EM31 said:

Woody is spot on here.

Revis is the biggest ME player since Deion Sanders. A great Jet, but he will have to wait several years for us to forget how he stunk it up and quit this season. Ring of Honor will have to wait five years after his retirement I think.

Revis has burned through any credit he may have had for being one of the true Jets greats in his early years.

I am happy if he would go f&*k himself next year, Be it retirement or stealing money from another fan base.  If he never makes the Jets ring of honor and/or if he never makes the HOF that would be just fine by me.

That is an unbelievable about of earned credit to burn through and this latest statement from him takes some real chutzpah.

Archived