Damien Woody rips ex-Jets teammate Darrelle Revis for 'class' comment

Gas2No99

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know what class is? Class is admitting you're not what you used to be and retiring. Go out with class Revis.  RETIRE!!! That's class. The NFL is a game of competition where if you're not the best you're out. Teams don't keep players and pay them big bucks because they used to be great. WTF!

On 12/30/2016 at 3:27 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Damien Woody rips ex-Jets teammate Darrelle Revis for 'class' comment

Former New York Jets tackle Damien Woody blasted Darrelle Revis after reading Revis' comments Friday morning about wanting to be treated with "class."

Woody, who played with Revis from 2008 to 2010, made a 10-minute Periscope video, calling out the cornerback for his remarks in the New York Post. Woody, an ESPN analyst, started off by calling Revis "the single greatest player I've played with."

And then he unloaded on his former teammate.

"What the hell is that, man?" Woody said. "He said [that] about the New York Jets treating him or his situation with class. Football is a cold business. It's just purely results-driven. Doesn't matter who you are.

"Everyone knows, watching the season, Darrelle hasn't had a good season by any standard," he continued. "You could question effort. There were times where he turned down tackles. All the off coverage. Receivers are not even scared. They go in like, 'Revis Island? Man, I'm about to kick up my feet and have a daiquiri.'"

Woody wasn't finished.

"See, when you lose leverage, when you're not playing up to par, you don't get to call the shots anymore," he said. "Your skills have eroded to the point where you're expendable. To sit there and say like somehow the Jets are being disrespectful, I think is ludicrous.

"All this stuff about the organization not treating you with class, after the two holdouts, the fact that they signed you to that big deal to come back home, what are you talking about? I'm not understanding. Help me understand, please. I'm trying to figure this out, the whole class thing. I'm trying to figure that part out, because where along the line did the Jets not show class?"

Woody was referring to holdouts in 2007 and 2010. In 2015, two years after trading Revis, the Jets brought him back with a five-year, $70 million contract -- including a $39 million guarantee.

Revis' future has become a hot issue. He incurred Woody's wrath, and that of many fans, by telling the New York Post:

"Would I love to be here? Yes. Will I be back? That's a great question. My thing would be this: Do the New York Jets want to treat my situation with class or no class? With me being one of the best players in the history of this franchise, do they want me to retire here or not retire here? That's the biggest question. It's black and white. It's not very complicated."

Revis is by far the biggest scumbag ever to put on a jets jersey.. he could have had a LONG talented career.. instead he will go down as the punk who held out, just followed the $$, and played he last yr as a jet a total punk..

Archived