Trubuisky overrated trash

kevinc855

35 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Oh boy.   Some people are mocking Trubisky #1.  I have a hard time seeing it happen after today.  Not a fan.  Fair chance he'll be on the board when the Jets pick..

Can't wait

I think Kizer goes 1 overall.  Watson can really help himself with a big game tommorow.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I posted about his game in the old thread. He simply isn't ready. He made some NFL throws but also spent much of the day looking like a mix of Sanchez and Geno. 

He could easily go back to college, hone his skills and end up being the first pick in the draft. 

Trubisky has no shot at being the #1 pick in the 2018 draft zero.

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

I think Kizer goes 1 overall.  Watson can really help himself with a big game tommorow.

I hope Kizer goes #1`, and not to the Jets.  LOL

I'm really terrorized the Jets will go QB with their #1 pick.   NOBODY this early in this draft you want to commit 5 years to.  

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

I'm really terrorized the Jets will go QB with their #1 pick.   NOBODY this early in this draft you want to commit 5 years to.  

I'm not a Trubisky guy but is he really a worse prospect than either Hackenburg or Petty?

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

I'm not a Trubisky guy but is he really a worse prospect than either Hackenburg or Petty?

Not the point.  He's just not the kind of player you dedicate a top 10 pick to.   You take a QB top 10 you have to give him 5 years or your fired.  

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Not the point.  He's just not the kind of player you dedicate a top 10 pick to.   You take a QB top 10 you have to give him 5 years or your fired.  

I agree I would not draft Trubisky at 5 but I can live with Kizer or Watson

Yeah, let's commit 5 years to Jay Cutler instead ...... if I had a dollar for every time someone said wasn't worth his draft slot I'd be a millionaire. But no you're right, why draft a top rated QB when 2nd rate projects and trash heap FA's have worked so well for us the last 50 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 years ago (the last time we were drafting this high) everyone was saying we shouldn't touch either Winston or Marriotta. Sure...glad we dodged those two bullets and brought in Fitz. Lol. Now we're saying the same things this year. Can't blame management if we also don't learn from our mistakes.

Trubisky isn't great but he's at least 3 notches better than anything we currently have on our roster. 

4 hours ago, Harlemnite1 said:

I wouldn't mind the Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph. Big kid 6'5 235 and he has nice touch on passes, accuracy, athletic all things Hackenberg does not have. Either him of Foreman the RB from Texas.  But Macc will have to make OL his #1 priority this offseason.

You don't take OL at 6 unless he's a blue chip LT starter right out of the gate. I'm no college player expert but @ 6 you take the best pass rusher, cornerback, or running back (If you think Cook or Fournette are guaranteed studs). Cook reminds me of Edgerrin James. That really helps a young QB.

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You don't take OL at 6 unless he's a blue chip LT starter right out of the gate. I'm no college player expert but @ 6 you take the best pass rusher, cornerback, or running back (If you think Cook or Fournette are guaranteed studs). Cook reminds me of Edgerrin James. That really helps a young QB.

Cook looked great..I'd love him at 6 if beast pass rusher is not available.

11 hours ago, thadude said:

I agree I would not draft Trubisky at 5 but I can live with Kizer or Watson

IMO, and I've seen quite a few so called guru's agree, Trubisky is the best of a poor lot.  Never can tell what's going to happen, but I don't see any QB's in this draft I would take in top 10

8 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Yeah, let's commit 5 years to Jay Cutler instead ...... if I had a dollar for every time someone said wasn't worth his draft slot I'd be a millionaire. But no you're right, why draft a top rated QB when 2nd rate projects and trash heap FA's have worked so well for us the last 50 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

None of the QB's the Jets have added, or drafted over the last 50 or so years have won the Jets a Super bowl.  So how did all that work?

Don't know anyone who is talking about committing 5 years to Cutler.  I know I'm certainly not.  This is a very weak QB draft.  More then likely none of these guys go in the first round of next year's draft.  Does that mean one of them won't work out for some team?  No.  but it is a very long shot.

At this point I'd just rather see what the Jets have in either Petty, or Hack.  If they don't have anything there, they will most likely have a high pick in what is projected as a good QB draft in 18, and still have a value player they got at 6 in this year's draft

Gosh, we're beyond screwed if we're putting our eggs in Hack and Petty's basket. It's not enough to have young prospects, you have to have young prospects with potential. Even if we bring on another "project" in Trubisky or Watson, at least it will be someone with the potential to turn into something. 

Also, I would bet my house there will be multiple QB's go rd 1 this yr.  Heck, I bet we see 2 go top 15.

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

None of the QB's the Jets have added, or drafted over the last 50 or so years have won the Jets a Super bowl.  So how did all that work?

Don't know anyone who is talking about committing 5 years to Cutler.  I know I'm certainly not.  This is a very weak QB draft.  More then likely none of these guys go in the first round of next year's draft.  Does that mean one of them won't work out for some team?  No.  but it is a very long shot.

At this point I'd just rather see what the Jets have in either Petty, or Hack.  If they don't have anything there, they will most likely have a high pick in what is projected as a good QB draft in 18, and still have a value player they got at 6 in this year's draft

I hope your wrong! Not that I want the Jets to take a QB in the 1st, I'm hoping the hype train shoots a couple of guys into the top 5 & push down some studs at other positions to the Jets! Best case scenario is a QB, DT, WR get taken before us guaranteeing us a shot at a top player at either CB, OLB, RB or Jabrill Peppers? Everyone's kind of forgetting the Jets secondary is ranked in the bottom 3 of the entire league. In a passing league, that's pretty a death knell. 

12 hours ago, flgreen said:

Taking a QB this year will be a disaster because we won't win very many games and then will be prevented from taking a much better QB coming out in 2018.

The problem is the best players in this drafts secondary are either athletic freak project types as number 1 corners with technique issues (Dee Milliner anyone?) or tons and tons of surething nickel and slot corners who will be good players but aren't made to be pure number 1s.  The surest thing in this draft are safeties.

Historically, this is the sort of draft which we flunk by reaching for marquee positions which simply aren't there.  Imo,we should stockpile picks and wait for the blue chip qb/OT/pass rusher in the next years draft.

Archived