Trubuisky overrated trash

kevinc855

35 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Probably any qb we draft would be labeled as trash anyway we don't have a great track record. Its hard to say a qb is no good until they take some nfl snaps

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think when a GM/HC draft a QB high and then refuse to put him in a game, it says he's bad.  They are getting bashed for not playing him.  They have not handled in well this offseason.  Maybe they do plan on reworking his mechanics this offseason.  If that's the case, he is way behind and won't be any help in 2017.  So the odds are he won't get to play before Macc and Bowles get let go.

None of the QB's the Jets have added, or drafted over the last 50 or so years have won the Jets a Super bowl.  So how did all that work?
  Don't know anyone who is talking about committing 5 years to Cutler.  I know I'm certainly not.  This is a very weak QB draft.  More then likely none of these guys go in the first round of next year's draft.  Does that mean one of them won't work out for some team?  No.  but it is a very long shot.
At this point I'd just rather see what the Jets have in either Petty, or Hack.  If they don't have anything there, they will most likely have a high pick in what is projected as a good QB draft in 18, and still have a value player they got at 6 in this year's draft

Right, because in 50 years the Jets have taken a concensus top tier QB once. Once. We keep trying to reclaim scrap heap FA's or project later round QB's. this is not a weak QB class. People say that shot every year. Last year people were all talking about how we should tank for Watson, now suddenly he's not 1st round material after having another great season? Nonsense. We've never had a QB because we never took a ******* chance on one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 hours ago, RSJ said:

No QB worth a top 20 pick this year. 

I have been saying that for weeks. Trubisky needs another year in college. He is worth a fourth round pick right now, but someone will take him higher due to his position, but they will be sorry for reaching. Mechanics are terrible which makes his accuracy bad.

23 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Right, because in 50 years the Jets have taken a concensus top tier QB once. Once. We keep trying to reclaim scrap heap FA's or project later round QB's. this is not a weak QB class. People say that shot every year. Last year people were all talking about how we should tank for Watson, now suddenly he's not 1st round material after having another great season? Nonsense. We've never had a QB because we never took a ******* chance on one.

The Jets have had shots at franchise QB's but did not pull the trigger on guys like Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson and Jimmy Garroppolo. Seems every time there is one out there the Jets take a pass on him. This started with Dick Steinberg not able to pull off a trade for Brett Favre and continued to Bill Parcells and not getting Peyton Manning and it continues to this day of Christian (Not Ready for Prime Time) Hackenberg.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

This post is outstanding. Nice to see someone gets it.

What drives me nuts is that most of what is said on these boards is just regurgitated from other sources, without the author ever watching the player they are talking about. I can't tell how many times I've heard posters say Watson is just another RG3. Outlandish. Shows they've never truly watched Watson. The kid is as good of a prospect as any QB in last year's or next year's draft. Has an innate feel for the game that makes him more than the sum of his skills. He will prove why he's a winner tonight on the biggest stage and I would encourage folks to watch.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

I hope your wrong! Not that I want the Jets to take a QB in the 1st, I'm hoping the hype train shoots a couple of guys into the top 5 & push down some studs at other positions to the Jets! Best case scenario is a QB, DT, WR get taken before us guaranteeing us a shot at a top player at either CB, OLB, RB or Jabrill Peppers? Everyone's kind of forgetting the Jets secondary is ranked in the bottom 3 of the entire league. In a passing league, that's pretty a death knell. 

Don't get me wrong, somebody will panic and take one, if not two of these guys very early.  Just pray it's not the Jets

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Yeah Mark Sanchez worked out real well.  Difference was Sanchez actually won a National Championship.  I'll wait until 18 to take a QB if the two projects we already have don't work out thank you.

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

This post is outstanding. Nice to see someone gets it.

What drives me nuts is that most of what is said on these boards is just regurgitated from other sources, without the author ever watching the player they are talking about. I can't tell how many times I've heard posters say Watson is just another RG3. Outlandish. Shows they've never truly watched Watson. The kid is as good of a prospect as any QB in last year's or next year's draft. Has an innate feel for the game that makes him more than the sum of his skills. He will prove why he's a winner tonight on the biggest stage and I would encourage folks to watch.

How many times do we need to see these gimmick QBs fail in the NFL before we realize that running QBs don't work in ththe NFL?

Gimmick QB's???  Once again, obviously you have never watched Watson. Anything but gimmick. He's smart, calm in the pocket, can make progressions, and has the ability to make positive plays with his feet when nothing else is there.

If your point is that mobile qbs don't succeed in the nfl, i don't know what to tell you. Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Jameis Winston, Dak Prescott, and Marcus Mariotta all say hi. 

Yeah Mark Sanchez worked out real well.  Difference was Sanchez actually won a National Championship.  I'll wait until 18 to take a QB if the two projects we already have don't work out thank you.

So we're 0-1 on taking top tier QB's, and 0-1000 with FA's and scrap heap late round projects. But yes, lets keep hacking away at the 0-1000 strategy.

If this kid is available when the Jets pick come up, it would be hard to pass o him considering what would be available  .    There's rumors of off the field issues with Cam Robinson, and this team don't need any more bad characters on the roster .  

Archived