Hallia's Super Awesome Game of Hope and Wonder [Sign-Ups]

Hallia

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JiF said:

I can already tell I hate DM.  I forgot that I hate DM.  I'm going to hate this game and probably get perma banned. 

I look forward to doing what Pac never had the balls to do - drop the ban hammer.  hehe

1 hour ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Its ok boo Ill sign up too and we can just like flirt and sh*t!!!!!

Just please don't make the game unreadable for me - 21 players is tough enough as it is for me to stay afloat.

I'm hesitant to join while DPR's game is going on.

If I get overloaded this is definitely the game that is going to suffer for it because I tend to take DPR games seriously.

If mod and players are ok with me putting in minimum effort and/or playing silly then I guess I can join but I don't want to ruin anyone's fun.

38 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I'm hesitant to join while DPR's game is going on.

If I get overloaded this is definitely the game that is going to suffer for it because I tend to take DPR games seriously.

If mod and players are ok with me putting in minimum effort and/or playing silly then I guess I can join but I don't want to ruin anyone's fun.

Tell that to Hess, who has been using this style to kick our collective asses for years now.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm familiar and they have good stuff but after an extensive search for a 2nd subwoofer I pulled the trigger on THIS yesterday.

Digs down to 16 Hz.  When it gets under 20Hz you can't hear it anymore you feel the bass.

My Atmos setup is now complete and I'm patiently waiting for the prices on some of the TV's I've been seeing at CES this week.  Next stop - 75 inch TV to replace my 55 inch Plasma.

4 hours ago, Pac said:

I'm familiar and they have good stuff but after an extensive search for a 2nd subwoofer I pulled the trigger on THIS yesterday.

Digs down to 16 Hz.  When it gets under 20Hz you can't hear it anymore you feel the bass.

My Atmos setup is now complete and I'm patiently waiting for the prices on some of the TV's I've been seeing at CES this week.  Next stop - 75 inch TV to replace my 55 inch Plasma.

That's a nice Sub

If you are getting a 75 look at the LG HDR 8500 TV I got mine for 3500 when it first came out so maybe you can get a better deal now but its the best 75 out there the enhanced color HDR is very nice. Also the passive glasses for 3d work much better than the active ones

I also have the LG 65 Inch HDR and its just as nice I just think its ridiculous to pay the money they want for OLED

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-75UH8500-4k-uhd-tv

I miss my plasma... too bad they didnt keep up that tech its just so much better.

Also if your system can run it look into Auro 3D sound ...I was using atmos and there is a very big difference between the 2..... Auro 3D is nothing short of amazing I'm running the Auro 3D on a Denon 7200 and a Five and two channel Emotiva amp set up 9.2 (two front height channels running off the Denon) at 250 per channel and and I can hear a very big difference I've never heard movies in surround as well as with Auro 3D that guy is a genius

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

That's a nice Sub

If you are getting a 75 look at the LG HDR 8500 TV I got mine for 3500 when it first came out so maybe you can get a better deal now but its the best 75 out there the enhanced color HDR is very nice. Also the passive glasses for 3d work much better than the active ones

I also have the LG 65 Inch HDR and its just as nice I just think its ridiculous to pay the money they want for OLED

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-75UH8500-4k-uhd-tv

I miss my plasma... too bad they didnt keep up that tech its just so much better.

Also if your system can run it look into Auro 3D sound ...I was using atmos and there is a very big difference between the 2..... Auro 3D is nothing short of amazing I'm running the Auro 3D on a Denon 7200 and a Five and two channel Emotiva amp set up 9.2 (two front height channels running off the Denon) at 250 per channel and and I can hear a very big difference I've never heard movies in surround as well as with Auro 3D that guy is a genius

Actually I'm waiting to hear this years prices but yesterday at CES a bunch of new 75 inch screens were on display and they look awesome specs wise.  Now that Sony is adopting Dolby Vision I may go that route.  The LG's look interesting but I want to hear pricing and how they hold up in tests.  The Samsung came out with something called QLED that looks great but looks like they're not supporting DV.  

I think Auro 3d is specific to a couple brands.  I have a Pioneer Elite 95SC and just got my DTS X firmware upgrade a couple months ago.  It does sound more impactful than Atmos - especially the heights overhead.

Once I get the TV I plan on having a calibrator come in and do both the TV and surround sound.  After that's done I could charge a fee to watch movies at my place.

8 hours ago, Pac said:

Actually I'm waiting to hear this years prices but yesterday at CES a bunch of new 75 inch screens were on display and they look awesome specs wise.  Now that Sony is adopting Dolby Vision I may go that route.  The LG's look interesting but I want to hear pricing and how they hold up in tests.  The Samsung came out with something called QLED that looks great but looks like they're not supporting DV.  

I think Auro 3d is specific to a couple brands.  I have a Pioneer Elite 95SC and just got my DTS X firmware upgrade a couple months ago.  It does sound more impactful than Atmos - especially the heights overhead.

Once I get the TV I plan on having a calibrator come in and do both the TV and surround sound.  After that's done I could charge a fee to watch movies at my place.

cool Did you go away from the Onkyo ? Pioneer Elite is much better IMHO. As for Atmos I tried it and it just didn't do it for me so Im glad your firmware update gave you better options.

The reason I suggested the LG is because I have had 3 of them now and I can't say enough about them they are amazing TV's in the end it comes down to what you see and the tech available. I will say though that the navigation of menus and apps on the LG are very simple to use compared to other models and as long as the TV has HDR you should be fine just make sure it does

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

cool Did you go away from the Onkyo ? Pioneer Elite is much better IMHO. As for Atmos I tried it and it just didn't do it for me so Im glad your firmware update gave you better options.

The reason I suggested the LG is because I have had 3 of them now and I can't say enough about them they are amazing TV's in the end it comes down to what you see and the tech available. I will say though that the navigation of menus and apps on the LG are very simple to use compared to other models and as long as the TV has HDR you should be fine just make sure it does

I did but Onkyo actually owns Pioneer now..  My model from 15' was the last line of Elites that were all Pioneer.  Going forward they're keeping the name for branding but they will be for all intents and purposes Onkyos.

I've spent almost a year watching the TV landscape and have been waiting for this week.  I only visit 2 forums - this one and AVS.  I know exactly what to buy, where to buy it, how much it should be, and what it should include lol.

5 hours ago, Pac said:

I did but Onkyo actually owns Pioneer now..  My model from 15' was the last line of Elites that were all Pioneer.  Going forward they're keeping the name for branding but they will be for all intents and purposes Onkyos.

I've spent almost a year watching the TV landscape and have been waiting for this week.  I only visit 2 forums - this one and AVS.  I know exactly what to buy, where to buy it, how much it should be, and what it should include lol.

yeah I hear ya man... when I buy something I usually put in a ridiculous amount of research

18 hours ago, JiF said:

The likelihood of this game ever starting is somewhere in the same percentage as 80 losing his virginity before the age of 50.

Meaning, maybe someone else should run a game?

I think it has more to do with reluctance of players to sign up than needing a different mod... so why would someone else putting up a sign up matter?

3 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I think it has more to do with reluctance of players to sign up than needing a different mod... so why would someone else putting up a sign up matter?

Hali hasnt been here since the 1st.  Multiple people have committed to playing since the last time she visited the site.  

Archived