Niners firing Chip and Baalke

Matt39

9 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Good luck, we might be able to get Joani. I think we've had the lowest paid head coach in the league every year since Woody bought the team.

bowles is being paid 4m per year for 4 seasons.  since coaching slary comes out of the owner's pocket i can see why woody wouldn't necessarily want to back up the truck for anyone.  and growing a teams revenue is difficult.  imo there's not much difference between how much a successful jets team would put in his pocket as opposed to a mediocre one.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Hael said:

Baalke is a good GM, he's managed to recruit a ton of talent to the 49ers over the years but the organization has been killed by Harbaugh's departure, injuries, random retirements and a coaching carousel created by their stupid owner.  

Firing coaches after 1 year is not a good way to run an organization, and neither is firing one of the best coaches in the league.  

This.

Despite the last two years Baalke oversaw the rebuilding of the Niners from a doormat to Super Bowl contender. While Harbaugh gets much of the credit(deservedly so) , Baalke assembled the talent. 

If he doesnt get a GM job, Woody should seriously consider bringing Baalke in as a VPnto oversee football operations.  

13 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Firing a coach after 1 bad season is not a good idea. It makes your job unattractive. Same will happen here if Woody does fire Bowles, which is why he probably won't.

Absolutely agree.

Baalke had been there for a while. The owner probably should have pulled the plug on him last year when they fired the last coach and just sent him packing then giving him 1 more season with a new coach made little sense.

For those of you who are in the "you don't fire a coach after one bad year" club, remember this.  Chip Kelly totally destroyed the Eagles in "only" one year,  then was handed the keys to the 49ers and promptly drove them even further into the ditch, with little hope of improvement.  Now for Mr. Bowles.  This is not the case of one bad year.  This is a debacle for the ages, haven't people been watching?  We were not good last year, the record was a mirage.  The team was poorly coached last year,  this year and will continue to be for as long as this coaching staff, and majority of gutless, underachieving "professionals are allowed to remain in green.

12 hours ago, August said:

A few years ago the 9ers were a rock solid organization. Now they're the biggest joke in the league. 

Um, second biggest joke in the league thank you very much. Again, they had no talent but they put forth an effort and tried.

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

For those of you who are in the "you don't fire a coach after one bad year" club, remember this.  Chip Kelly totally destroyed the Eagles in "only" one year,  then was handed the keys to the 49ers and promptly drove them even further into the ditch, with little hope of improvement.  Now for Mr. Bowles.  This is not the case of one bad year.  This is a debacle for the ages, haven't people been watching?  We were not good last year, the record was a mirage.  The team was poorly coached last year,  this year and will continue to be for as long as this coaching staff, and majority of gutless, underachieving "professionals are allowed to remain in green.

My thoughts exactly when I heard the news last night.

47 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

It was partly a mirage. The object of a coach is to win games. They won 10 games. I don't care how it was done.

50 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Yes. Ja. Oui. Bien sur. Si. Da. Sim. Ken. Sea. Jes. Hai.  And finally, fukkin' A!

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Are you quite sure it was Chip Kelly the HC who destroyed the Eagles or Chip Kelly the GM .   Absolute power corrupts absolutely .

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Agreed.

It fits the profile.  Ugly.  White.  Thought he was better than everyone else.  Failed elsewhere.

He's perfect.

SAR I

Chip kelly gets more out of QBs than the Jets have gotten from a QB since Parcells resurrected Vinnys career. Fitz was throwing to a game Marshall & Decker with Chris Ivory blasting people. 

Kelly got just as much from Nick Foles & a bunch of nobodys. Eagles started hot with Peterson & fizzled right out. Kelly gets way to much criticism. He took his Eagles into Gillette & gave them an azz whooping that hasn't happened since the Ravens kicked their azz in the playoffs that one year. 

A Bowles team might someday kick the Pats azz in Gillette.....bah, ha, ha, ha! 

1 hour ago, jbone said:

Bad hire from the get go. Nothing he did in Philadelphia warranted Chip getting another shot.

That's a ridiculous statement. Kelly didn't want players that won't buy in & made some bold moves. The problem with that is it pisses off the team & that's why you have to have a GM to take the heat on personel moves, not the coach.

Only one coach in the NFL gets away with it & that's Belichick because he has the pelts on the wall & Tom Brady to make up for any mistakes in judgement regarding players. 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

That's a ridiculous statement. Kelly didn't want players that won't buy in & made some bold moves. The problem with that is it pisses off the team & that's why you have to have a GM to take the heat on personel moves, not the coach.

Only one coach in the NFL gets away with it & that's Belichick because he has the pelts on the wall & Tom Brady to make up for any mistakes in judgement regarding players. 

You're right. Chip is a great coach. It's just his greatness wasn't properly absorbed by two franchises. Obviously not his fault.

14 minutes ago, jbone said:

You're right. Chip is a great coach. It's just his greatness wasn't properly absorbed by two franchises. Obviously not his fault.

Lol. I'd love to see Bill Belichick coaching that 49er team as constituted this year. He'd be fired too I guess. Their best WR was a NY Jet castoff. 

In what universe is Chip Kelly a good NFL coach?

He has a gimmick college offense that worked his first year in NFL, NFL DCs caught out, he guts his team of offensive talent because he thinks his system is invincible,and has had horrible records since.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Lol. I'd love to see Bill Belichick coaching that 49er team as constituted this year. He'd be fired too I guess. Their best WR was a NY Jet castoff. 

He intentionally got rid of his best players while in Philly. His college schtick is just that......for college.

2 minutes ago, jbone said:

He intentionally got rid of his best players while in Philly. His college schtick is just that......for college.

He got rid of players that didn't buy into his system. Last I looked the Eagles aren't in the playoffs again this year.

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm not arguing to bring in Chip Kelly, I'm just stating the obvious, Kelly can coach circles around our own Todd Bowles.

That was never my point and my discussion. My point is simply that Kelly is not a good NFL coach.

BTW, Kelly has only 1 more winning season than Bowles in twice as many seasons and is 8-22 his last 2 seasons.

9 minutes ago, jbone said:

You're basically arguing with yourself as you're the only one who insists on comparing the two. 

Who's comparing the 2? They are not comparable, Kelly is a better in game coach. We'll revisit after Bowles is fired at some point in the following 2 years. Bowles kicked a FG down 41-0 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, more embarrassing moment than the buttfumble. The Buttfumble was a split moment in time at full speed action, the FG was a decision that was made from the sideline after having all the time in the world to decide what your going to do. Embarrassing! Even the announcers were shocked & said, "at least go down fighting". 

Just now, Jetster said:

Who's comparing the 2? They are not comparable, Kelly is a better in game coach. We'll revisit after Bowles is fired at some point in the following 2 years. Bowles kicked a FG down 41-0 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter, more embarrassing moment than the buttfumble. The Buttfumble was a split moment in time at full speed action, the FG was a decision that was made from the sideline after having all the time in the world to decide what your going to do. Embarrassing! Even the announcers were shocked & said, "at least go down fighting". 

The fact that it doesn't even have a nickname basically disproves your point. Besides, people made too much of that I think. Would rather not get shutout against a divisional opponent

20 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Firing a coach after 1 bad season is not a good idea. It makes your job unattractive. Same will happen here if Woody does fire Bowles, which is why he probably won't.

except Todd went from being "passable' to doing everything wrong and losing his team. lthat was a catastrophe.  I don't care what players say.   Most are morons

Archived